Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish Oral Exam (Optional)

Options
  • 26-09-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭

Im considering of doing an oral exam for the jc. im not great at the listening and the questions for the oral aren't too bad. anyone else thing of doing the oral.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teach88

Im considering of doing an oral exam for the jc. im not great at the listening and the questions for the oral aren't too bad. anyone else thing of doing the oral.

It's not up to you. It is the school that decides whether or not to run the JC orals and the vast majority choose not to for various reasons such as union restraints.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

I'm pretty sure you can register for it through your school's exam secretary. Of course, you'll have to do all of the work at home if your class isn't doing the oral.

A97 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can register for it through your school's exam secretary. Of course, you'll have to do all of the work at home if your class isn't doing the oral.

Not so simple. The JC orals are conducted by the class teacher in the school and not an external examiner.

The ASTI refuses to allow it's members to assess their own students in JC orals so it's a non-runner for the vast majority of schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Our teacher said the decision is entirely up to you so if i want to do it i can and if someone else in my class doesn't they don't have. My teacher said the examiner will be some other spanish teacher in the school or her herself.

My teacher said the examiner will be some other spanish teacher in the school or her herself.

Not if they're union members, they won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Most teachers in our school are part of the union

Advertisement