Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Castletroy

• 26-09-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Just got a leaflet through today saying eFibre 50mb is now available in Castletroy. Am seriously considering changing. Does anyone have it? Is it any good?

We're on the Golf Links Road area and have magnet at the moment and it really isn't that great. Have trouble getting laptops/phones to connect to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ThomasAlan

paulers06 wrote: »
    Just got a leaflet through today saying eFibre 50mb is now available in Castletroy. Am seriously considering changing. Does anyone have it? Is it any good?

We're on the Golf Links Road area and have magnet at the moment and it really isn't that great. Have trouble getting laptops/phones to connect to it.

Got eFibre in and am happy with it. I'll do a speed test and post when I get home this evening.

The only gripe I have is the hassle I had getting switched from my old provider (which was Magnet also) to eFibre. To cut a very long story short, it took over a month to get eFibre and I was without broadband for 8 days during that time. That was a big issue for me because I need to work from home some days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Pauric89

Have you looked at UPC. We got it and are happy with it also. Got 50mb unlimited and was installed a week after we ordered it! Also in castletroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Can't get it yet! Stops just up the road. Suppose it's only a matter of time

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ThomasAlan

ThomasAlan wrote: »
    Got eFibre in and am happy with it. I'll do a speed test and post when I get home this evening.

The only gripe I have is the hassle I had getting switched from my old provider (which was Magnet also) to eFibre. To cut a very long story short, it took over a month to get eFibre and I was without broadband for 8 days during that time. That was a big issue for me because I need to work from home some days.

3010374108.png

Thanks!

That's not bad at all, a lot better than what I have at the moment. Bit off the 45mb Eircom told me but I didn't believe that for a second. Think I'll be signing up this weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Out of interest, what speed at you getting with Magnet?

This is typical for me, I'm on Father Russell Road in Raheen.

3011323818.png

Between 3-5mb. We keep dropping in and out of connection

After a stressful 35 min phonecall we are booked in for installation on the 10th. Turns out you can't book online if you are already with magnet. Sales staff member was quite rude for someone who was dealing with a customer who new exactly what they were ordering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

That's a little poor alright for an urban area. The connection dropping especially.

I would love to get UPC, great speeds there but my estate hasn't been cabled although some older ones in the area have.

To update, the installation never happened on the 10th. I called on the 9th to confirm the appointment before cancelling magnet. Good thing I didn't cancel magnet as they didn't have an appointment for me. I was then told eFibre would be installed within 5 days and i would get 24 hours notice to cancel current subscription.

I received a phonecall from a tech this morning to say he was at the house and was going to install a phoneline (which I already have). He then called back and said that he was leaving because I already have a line and that I need to contact tech support.

I spent an hour on the phone/on hold with Eircom and was passed through four different departments after which I was told I would be called back within 10 days for an appointment.

This is turning out to be a disaster. I would cancel the order except the service I currently have is so poor.

Advertisement