Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation change

Options
  • 26-09-2013 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Is there a minimum period of days where by a tenant can change his mind about an accommodation arrangement.

I'm in a situation where I've already paid by cash a month in advance and next months rent. But it might seems that the plan doesn't suit me at all Even though it's still early.

Before choosing this accomodation I viewed about 5 plans which were least favorable.

A contract hasn't been signed yet and landlady knows my situation.

Any opinions & thoughts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Plans :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭ebayissues

I suppose it ain't a plan yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

ebayissues wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Is there a minimum period of days where by a tenant can change his mind about an accommodation arrangement.

I'm in a situation where I've already paid by cash a month in advance and next months rent. But it might seems that the plan doesn't suit me at all Even though it's still early.

Before choosing this accomodation I viewed about 5 plans which were least favorable.

Any opinions & thoughts

What's a plan :confused: How did you already view five "least favorable" plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭ebayissues

I suppose it ain't a plan yet.

I looked at 5 different houses which were not in my best interest.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Perhaps I'm being dense this morning- like the fog outside- but I have no idea what you're talking about. Would you care to elaborate? If your post was in Swahili- there is a reasonable chance I may have a better idea of what your question is- and how to answer it. Please clarify what exactly the situation is- and what your question is.

Regards,

The_Conductor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Hi guys,

Any opinions & thoughts
    From what I understand of this post is:

OP paid
    "a month in advance" = First month's rent in advance
    "a month's rent up front" = deposit

He hasn't signed a lease agreement and now wants to pull out of the verbal agreement because "it doesn't suit him".

He wants to know if there is a cooling off period for the deal (and get all his monies back).

In Ireland, for renting accommodation, a verbal contract is sufficient plus a consideration (i.e. payment) to complete the deal.

You seem to have complied with this in all respects.

Advertisement