Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email with text

Options
  • 27-09-2013 6:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I noticed this the other day
    I text someone I had given my number to a few days ago and they sent me a link to what we were talking about on my personal email .
    Then it struck me that I hadn't given them my email address
    When I asked how they got it they said the text came up as a mail too from my email address

Very puzzling ?
    It's an iPhone 4S btw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Was the text you sent an iMessage? If the person you texted has an iPhone as well, it might have sent as an iMessage, which could have shown the email address that you use as your Apple ID.

Is the text bubble you sent to them blue?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Ericaa wrote: »
    Was the text you sent an iMessage? If the person you texted has an iPhone as well, it might have sent as an iMessage, which could have shown the email address that you use as your Apple ID.

Is the text bubble you sent to them blue?

Just re-checked it there
    It's all in the text section in the bubble

But !

The original message is a text
    And my answer to it is in a I message section ?????

Never seen that happen before

It was a friend who gave my number to this person

And now because I answered it
    The person has
    My email and full name and because my address has my name it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Go to Settings=> Messages=> Send & Receive =>Start New Conversations From & make sure your phone number is ticked & not any of your email addresses.

Also, if the friend who gave your number to them shared your contact details with them from their phone & your email address & physical address is included in their phone contacts details, they'll now have those details.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Go to Settings=> Messages=> Send & Receive =>Start New Conversations From & make sure your phone number is ticked & not any of your email addresses.

Also, if the friend who gave your number to them shared your contact details with them from their phone & your email address & physical address is included in their phone contacts details, they'll now have those details.

Thanks for that
    Worked a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Thanks for that
    Worked a treat
    Great, no problem!

• Advertisement
Advertisement