Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provident Personal Credit Loans??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭halkar

Did you read this on their site:

Representative example:
    €500 loan repayable over 52 weeks
    52 weekly payments of €15.00
    Rate of interest 56.0% p.a. fixed;
    Representative 157.3% APR
    Total Amount Payable is €780

You should join credit union if you can and borrow from them after saving for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

halkar wrote: »
    Did you read this on their site:

Representative example:
    €500 loan repayable over 52 weeks
    52 weekly payments of €15.00
    Rate of interest 56.0% p.a. fixed;
    Representative 157.3% APR
    Total Amount Payable is €780

You should join credit union if you can and borrow from them after saving for a while.

I have read it all, I just want to find out if they are through to their word and if their is any hidden interest I don't know about. I need the cash asap so credit union is not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

killanena wrote: »
    I have read it all, I just want to find out if they are through to their word and if their is any hidden interest I don't know about. I need the cash asap so credit union is not an option.

If you miss payments, you pay interest on interest. Its a really bad route to go down, if there are any alternatives(friends,family etc) I'd suggest you go to them.

I'd also suggest giving your local Credit Union a call, explain the circumstances and see if anything is possible, if its not its not, but its worth a phone call at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I really don't have any other options I guess. Thanks for the help. I might give them a call disevening. I have an "ok" steady income for the next 31 weeks so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I was in a house when the 'lady' from this company came to collect the payment and it was not a nice experience. No had no meaning.

I completely understand why people would consider this type of loan but with all other loans, no one will call to your home, with this one you could have a significant drop in your enjoyment of your house.
    4. Make your weekly repayments

Your Agent will visit your home every week to collect your weekly repayments.

Get a quotation from them and bring it ot he credit union and ask them what they can do for you or contact the st vincent of paul.

This could end up lasting much longer than 6 months...

Compare your loan with one from the credit union at 10% apr here:

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/loan-calculator?gclid=CO6t8KSv67kCFZM92wodRGQA3A

It will cost you €15 to borrow €500 for 6 months with credit union @ 10% APR.

It will cost you €153 to borrow €500 for 6 months with this company @ 157% APR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

killanena wrote: »
    I really don't have any other options I guess. Thanks for the help. I might give them a call disevening. I have an "ok" steady income for the next 31 weeks so

I would advise to stay away from them, they are nothing more then legal loan sharks IMHO...

Advertisement