Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€150 Deposit - Why wasn't this mentioned before?

Options
  • 27-09-2013 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

Hi

I ordered home phone and broadband over the phone two weeks ago. The person who I was talking to went through the cost and the fact it was a 12 month contract.

A couple of days later I a call confirming the order. The person on the phone went into a bit of detail of why the first bill would be more expensive as I could almost be paying two months of service as it is paid in advance.

So yesterday, two weeks after I ordered the broadband I got 3 letters in the post from Eircom. One of them stated that Eircom were going to take a €150 security deposit.

I am open for correction, but at no stage was I told about this deposit when ordering or when the sales rep called to confirm the order.

How can you, 2 weeks after I've ordered, first mention a security deposit? Is there some form of a mistake?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi

I ordered home phone and broadband over the phone two weeks ago. The person who I was talking to went through the cost and the fact it was a 12 month contract.

A couple of days later I a call confirming the order. The person on the phone went into a bit of detail of why the first bill would be more expensive as I could almost be paying two months of service as it is paid in advance.

So yesterday, two weeks after I ordered the broadband I got 3 letters in the post from Eircom. One of them stated that Eircom were going to take a €150 security deposit.

I am open for correction, but at no stage was I told about this deposit when ordering or when the sales rep called to confirm the order.

How can you, 2 weeks after I've ordered, first mention a security deposit? Is there some form of a mistake?
    Hi witnessmenow

If you have set up a direct debit as part of the order no deposit is applicable. Was the deposit charge mentioned on a welcome to eircom letter?

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hi

Hi witnessmenow

If you have set up a direct debit as part of the order no deposit is applicable. Was the deposit charge mentioned on a welcome to eircom letter?

Mark
    Hi Mark,

I'm not at home at the moment so I am not sure what letter it was on, but it seemed like a welcome to Eircom kind of a letter (some welcome!)

I do have a direct debit set up so does this deposit not apply so?

Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Hi

Hi witnessmenow

Mark
    Hi Mark,

I'm not at home at the moment so I am not sure what letter it was on, but it seemed like a welcome to Eircom kind of a letter (some welcome!)

Brian
    I have a question about this . Does your Agents tell the customer about this charge when the customer calls up looking for a service or only after a verbal contract is made?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

WIZE wrote: »
    Hi

Hi witnessmenow

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Brian
    I have a question about this . Does your Agents tell the customer about this charge when the customer calls up looking for a service or only after a verbal contract is made?
    Hi WIZE

Yes, agents are told to make all customers aware of the direct debit or deposit issue as well as the contract info when any new account is set up.

Mark

Advertisement