Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security guard information

Options
  • 27-09-2013 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all
    I am not sure if this is the best place to ask these questions but I would greatly appreciate any information anyone might be able to offer.

I am a reliable woman in her 30s and would love to work as a security officer in a factory or whatever .

I have two questions.

1, Do you think that it is possible, probable that a security company would hire a woman as a security officer?

2. What is the best course or required course for me to do in order to have a chance of getting such a job.

any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Hi!

Yeah I'm sure a woman could be hired as a Security Guard, I've seen many and I know one or two women employed as security officers around the place.

As for licensing and courses etc, check out http://www.psa.gov.ie/ for all that sort of info,

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭mosii

hi is it hard to get a security guard job these days,i was thinking of commercial not retail ,I have psa and drivers cpc etc,thanks :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

For gender reasons female security staff are sometimes required. It can be random hours though. Do you live near an airport?

I know a security company that were recently short female staff for security checks.

Advertisement