Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Slim help

Options
  • 27-09-2013 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi all,

My girlfriend has bought me a PS3 slim 12gb. I know the memory is very small but is it enough to just save games (like a memory card). I won't be downloading games or anything and I don't really want to have to put in a new HDD because I'm not the best with technology.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Real FM wrote: »
    Hi all,

My girlfriend has bought me a PS3 slim 12gb. I know the memory is very small but is it enough to just save games (like a memory card). I won't be downloading games or anything and I don't really want to have to put in a new HDD because I'm not the best with technology.

Thanks a lot.

It's perfect for "just playing games".
    But play enough games and eventually you will run out of space.

Seriously, it's very easy to replace the HD if you ever decide to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's perfect for "just playing games".
    But play enough games and eventually you will run out of space.

Seriously, it's very easy to replace the HD if you ever decide to.

I'm thinking of buying a new PS3 because my old one is very noisy, would you think it would be a good idea to buy the 12GB one and just put my 500GB HD into that? Instead of just buying the 500GB one which is a good bit dearer.
    Would it make any difference, i.e is the only difference between the 12GB and 500GB versions the storage?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Pangea wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying a new PS3 because my old one is very noisy, would you think it would be a good idea to buy the 12GB one and just put my 500GB HD into that? Instead of just buying the 500GB one which is a good bit dearer.
    Would it make any difference, i.e is the only difference between the 12GB and 500GB versions the storage?

When you put your 500GB hd into a new PS3 it will format the new hd.

Other than that, yes the only difference is the hd size.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You'll need to buy the €10 HDD caddy, or you won't be able to install you HDD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

There's a 500gb PS3 bundle with GTA V and the Last of Us for 250 euro in Argos at the moment. Great deal and you could sell the games if you already have them. Works out cheaper than buying a 12gb Ps3 and a hard drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Varik wrote: »
    You'll need to buy the €10 HDD caddy, or you won't be able to install you HDD.

Ijust whacked mine in without :) works no probs :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

cadete wrote: »
    Ijust whacked mine in without :) works no probs :cool:

Until it dislodges itself and you PS3 turns off, not to mention the potential damage to the HDD and the PS3's internal connections from the unrestricted vibration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Varik wrote: »
    Until it dislodges itself and you PS3 turns off, not to mention the potential damage to the HDD and the PS3's internal connections from the unrestricted vibration.

Woooeee do you think it could explode :eek:

Advertisement