Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set up Domestic Payee with iband and bic? (sepa)

Options
  • 27-09-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

hi guys I've another domestic savings account that I've only an iban and bic for.  I can't seem to set this up as a payee in 365 online.

Any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

slinky2000 wrote: »
    hi guys I've another domestic savings account that I've only an iban and bic for.  I can't seem to set this up as a payee in 365 online.

Any advice?

Thanks
    Hi slinky2000,

The savings account may not be able to accept payments into it like this.  If you contact the branch you opened the account up with, they will be happy to advise you if the account can set up as a payee.

Thanks for posting.

Seán 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Sorry it's a Rabo Direct saving account not a BOI one, and they specifically give you a IBAN and BIC and not a acc/sort code.

Do BOI support domestic transfers with IBAN abd BIC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Sorry it's a Rabo Direct saving account not a BOI one, and they specifically give you a IBAN and BIC and not a acc/sort code.

Do BOI support domestic transfers with IBAN abd BIC?
    Hi slinky2000,

365 online currently only uses BIC and IBAN numbers for international payees, so if the account is a non domestic account you can add it as an international payee using the details you have.  If the Rabo Account is domestic, 365 only accepts an account number and sort code.  Normally the last 14 digits of an IBAN is your sort code followed by your account number, although you will have to contact Rabo to confirm this.

We are currently working on the 365 website so it will be SEPA compliant by February 2014, when it has been updated all your payees within the SEPA will be converted to IBAN and BIC.

Thanks

Seán  

Thanks Seán!

got it sorted, you were right about the iban being the sort + acc numbers

• Advertisement
Advertisement