Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parental control question

Options
  • 27-09-2013 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

I have set up a parental control on my modem to prevent my brothers xbox from being used after a certain time, I also had to purchase a range extender recently and I am wondering does the parental control from the modem work through the range extender also?
    Sorry if this doesn't make sense I can' t explain it any better! :)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I presume as the range extender is extending the range of your original then yes it would be subject to the laws of the original unit.
    Nothing changes it just extends what it intercepts. To the best of my knowledge anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

Thats what I was wondering but I was unsure, I presumed it would but I couldnt be sure. Slightly lazy approach of just checking!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

That's what my head is saying anyway :)
    It wouldn't be able to overwrite the ruling from the modem so it's fine.

Advertisement