Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allianz HMV headphone insurance

Options
  • 27-09-2013 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, is anyone familiar with the headphone guarantee offered by HMV? I bought a set of headphones Christmas last year and paid 2 euro for insurance in the situation that the headphones broke... when I went into HMv the other week they told me I would have to get in touch with Allianz directly, annoying in itself because I don't understand why they can't sort it out in the shop themselves handy enough... anyway, I e-mailed them and they got back to me saying I'd have to contact their Customer services team, which it turns out is based in the U.K.... I find it ridicolous that this is the case, and that the Irish office will not handle the claim... especially considering HMV is now back here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

I might be wrong in this but the current HMV is not the same as the one that was there last christmas now owned by HILCO so your only option would be dealing directly with Allianz anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The HMV that is operating now is a different HMV to the one that was in operation before Christmas.

Anyway, when you purchased the insurance, you formed a contract with Allianz, as the underwriters of the insurance. So irrespective of HMV, you will need to deal with Allianz.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Fair enough in that sense.. but my main irritation is them making you ring a U.K number if you want to make a claim.. don't understand why irish office won't do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,083 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Different companies, Allianz Ireland didn't write the business.

Advertisement