Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience Dundalk

Options
  • 27-09-2013 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

I am a student in O'Fiaich college doing a level 5 Applied Psychology and Social Studies. I have to look for work experience and i'm looking for work experience in a sort of juvenile detention centre or working with teens who are in these sort of places. I would be open to travel anywhere in the dundalk/drogheda region?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Pretty sure theres one called The Marshes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

All schools could be called youth detention centres

But OP your course co-ordinator should be giving you a helping hand with this. But maybe look for YTS schemes in the area, I think the Magnet building would be one such training centre. Do not rule out doing your placement outside what you think is your interest area - they post you outside your comfort zone for a reason, most students dread the prospect of working, for example, with old folk but end up extremely happy with the experience gained. Applied psychology teaches you about people's needs and they are basically the same whether you are 18 and a youth offender or 80 and in a residential home. At level 5 makes little difference and tbh walk before ye run! Your course leaders will know best what suits at your stage of education. Many have made the mistake of dismissing where they are placed as not being where they want to go, dont make that mistake!!!

Advertisement