Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teacher sent pics to young girl

Options
  • 27-09-2013 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi read the nationalist front page reported that some teacher had sent dirty pics to school girl. what is this county coming to???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Hi read the nationalist front page reported that some teacher had sent dirty pics to school girl. what is this county coming to???

That's what passes for news these days I guess.

Lower journalistic standards.

Fear mongering as news.

I could go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

I contacted them and asked why they would print a story unfounded and no conclusion
    they said it has been classified by the gardai :confused::confused:

tonyheaney wrote: »
    I contacted them and asked why they would print a story unfounded and no conclusion
    they said it has been classified by the gardai :confused::confused:

These things happen. I don't approve of it. Would you rather they printed the person's name and started a witch-hunt?

Scaring the readership of Carlow seems to be the raison d'etre of the Nationalist front page.

As you can tell I'm not much of a fan of the paper or the journalism.

This red-top reasoning that people have a right to know about every possible danger to them or their children hasn't worked and doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭7foot ginger

Morf so everything that the nationalist prints is wrong? I heard about this story last Saturday. The 40 year old man in question was living with an 18 year old girl and having an affair with a 15 year student. He sent inappropriate pictures to her and god knows what else happened. Yet your complaint is with the paper not him???

I'm shocked that someone would be of this opinion.

Parents do have a right to know and maybe by this article being printed it might make parents more aware and it could stop this having more vulnerable girls.

Morf so everything that the nationalist prints is wrong? I heard about this story last Saturday. The 40 year old man in question was living with an 18 year old girl and having an affair with a 15 year student. He sent inappropriate pictures to her and god knows what else happened. Yet your complaint is with the paper not him???

I'm shocked that someone would be of this opinion.

Parents do have a right to know and maybe by this article being printed it might make parents more aware and it could stop this having more vulnerable girls.

Ginger, do you work for the carlow people? where did you acquire your info from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The 40 year old man in question was living with an 18 year old girl and having an affair with a 15 year student.

Way to make that 18 year old feel old...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The story was in the star two weeks ago.

Oh and no names please.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Front page of today's Hearld as well.

I heard it from a teacher in the school he worked in. I don't work for a news paper no I'm just shocked that you side with a paedophiles because you don't like the newspaper that the article was in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

he's hardly a peadophile if she was 15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

I could be wrong, but I think a 15 year old lacks the capacity to consent to sex, being below the age of consent.

I know different 15 year olds are of different maturity levels, but I wonder how paedophilia is determined? Does it attach in a formal way to any adult that has sex with an underage child, or is it determined on a case by case basis on analysis of the relevant facts around the case?

I'm just shocked that you side with a paedophiles because you don't like the newspaper that the article was in

Sort of the mindset that illustrates why it sells papers.

Some people evidently do want to feel frightened and vulnerable at all times.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    The story was in the star two weeks ago.

Oh and no names please.

what? before the place of incident?

I heard it from a teacher in the school he worked in. I don't work for a news paper no I'm just shocked that you side with a paedophiles because you don't like the newspaper that the article was in

HOW THE FCUK **** DEAR YOU (SORRY MOD) I DEMAND YOU RETRACT THAT STATEMENT. I HAVE TWO... TWO YOUNG CHILDREN. I DO NOT SIDE WITH PAEDOPHILE. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Can we tread carefully here ,please, this is a minefield.

The 40 year old man in question was living with an 18 year old girl

Is there a problem with this?

I'm sorry I'm just replying to what I am interpreting from your posts.

Morf wrote: »
    Is there a problem with this?

This indicates to me he had a thing for young girls. A major conclusion to jump to maybe but that's what I thought when I heard it

I'm sorry I'm just replying to what I am interpreting from your posts.

That doesn't really make it ok.

It's your obligation to consider what you post.

It's not another poster's fault that you jump to such conclusions.

I deliberately pointed out that I didn't condone the actions of the person being reported on yet you ignored/disregarded it to suggest that not being abhorred by his actions was showing solidarity for him.

This sort of red haze some people get when such stories do the rounds is the reason why they shouldn't be reported so lazily and with such little care.

This indicates to me he had a thing for young girls. A major conclusion to jump to maybe but that's what I thought when I heard it

No it doesn't.

If you can't see the flaw in your logic then there's little point me elaborating further.

• Advertisement

I clearly misunderstood the point of forums like this. I thought people could give their opinion freely. But obviously that's only allowed when you agree with other posters.

I think the teacher shouldn't have done what he did. It's terrible end of

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

I could be wrong, but I think a 15 year old lacks the capacity to consent to sex, being below the age of consent.

I know different 15 year olds are of different maturity levels, but I wonder how paedophilia is determined? Does it attach in a formal way to any adult that has sex with an underage child, or is it determined on a case by case basis on analysis of the relevant facts around the case?

isnt paedophilia determined by whether the child in question is pre pubescent or not. in this case she isnt so its not paedophilia. im not saying that makes what he was doing ok but lets not throw around tags that arent true.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Am closing this thread for the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement