Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody bought a Playstation in the last year?

• 27-09-2013 12:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭

First off, I apologise if this is not allowed on here, I didn't see anything in the rules about it. But by all means, get rid of it if it's against any rules.

Now, I realise this may look suspicious but trust me, it's all above board. Basically my playstation 3 bit the dust yesterday while playing a game, I got it as a present last Christmas and my girlfriend has no idea where she left the receipt. I'm in a bit of a pickle now as Gamestop obviously won't replace it without the receipt, is there anybody who would let me borrow their receipt for a few minutes just to get the console replaced. It's a 500gb Super Slim model.

I realise this is a long shot, if anyone is willing to help, I'd be more than happy to give something valuable for peace of mind until the receipt is returned(I'll need it for under an hour).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Proof of purchase is legally enough so prove it with a credit card or visa debit receipt. Also just ring Sony, they will help you as it would be under warranty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Proof of purchase is legally enough so prove it with a credit card or visa debit receipt. Also just ring Sony, they will help you as it would be under warranty.

It was paid with cash unfortunately, the one time she didn't use her laser/debit card :(

I have contacted Sony who have said they will send a courier to collect it on Monday. I would rather not be without the console for 10/12 working days though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It was paid with cash unfortunately, the one time she didn't use her laser/debit card :(

I have contacted Sony who have said they will send a courier to collect it on Monday. I would rather not be without the console for 10/12 working days though.

When my ps3 clapped out I emailed Sony and they arranged for one to held in gamestop for me and I just brought in my broken one and they gave me a replacment there and then, try that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Don't suppose you have the email address handy do you? I rang them and they said it's entirely up to the store

Advertisement