Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

campagnolo/shimano

Options
  • 27-09-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm a bit confused...

I'd like to get new wheels for my Bianchi and transfer the standard ones that came with it (10sp campy freehub) on to my commuting bike, which is now equipped with a 9sp shimano.
    Do I only have to change the freehub on the rear wheel (and put on the shimano cassette obviously) in order to make it compatible or something else has to be done?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Yeah. Campag hubs are not compatible with Shimano/SRAM & vice versa. If the wheels are cheap might not be worth your while paying to change the free hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

LCD wrote: »
    Yeah. Campag hubs are not compatible with Shimano/SRAM & vice versa. If the wheels are cheap might not be worth your while paying to change the free hub.

thanks LCD

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭c50

LCD wrote: »

what he said, also, some cheap wheels dont have a freehub for the opposite, i.e a cheap wheel with campy freehub and trying to find a shimano one being impossible or as good as.

one option you can use without fail is get an ambrosio converter cassette. you can get a campag splined with shimano spacing meaning the cassette is all that needs changing. they retail about 50 quid. from what i remember planet x used to have them and sjs cycles. give them a google theyll pop straight up

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

c50 wrote: »
    what he said, also, some cheap wheels dont have a freehub for the opposite, i.e a cheap wheel with campy freehub and trying to find a shimano one being impossible or as good as.

one option you can use without fail is get an ambrosio converter cassette. you can get a campag splined with shimano spacing meaning the cassette is all that needs changing. they retail about 50 quid. from what i remember planet x used to have them and sjs cycles. give them a google theyll pop straight up

I'll check that out c50. Thanks a mil for that

Advertisement