Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linkable Lighting for ?

Options
  • 27-09-2013 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I currently have linked lights under some of the presses in my kitchen to light up the worktop... called LinkaLights or something along those lines. One switch controls all 5 lights.

Problem is, the fluorescent bulbs they use never last long and the local supplier rarely has then in stock.

I was hoping to get a different system to replace this. Something with a longer bulb life, and possible cheaper to run. I spotted these on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Leyton-Lighting-Linkable-Striplight-Consumption/dp/B009X98CV8/ref=sr_1_5?s=lighting&ie=UTF8&qid=1380283641&sr=1-5&keywords=under+cabinet+warm+lighting

But was wondering can something like this be purchases locally? I'd like to take a look first, make sure the size and light temperature is right before I splash out.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

ring your local electrical wholesaler, most will keep a range of led under counter lights.
    They come in a mains type or a low voltage type.
    Robus do a mains type,
    3 watt led 275 mm long
    4 watt led 395mm long
    8 watt led 520mm long
    10 watt led 620mm long
    14 watt led 815 mm long
    They range in price from approx 13 up to 37 euro plus vat.
    Robu/led are based on the nangor rd, they have a walk in show room and a website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Thanks for that, will check it out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Personally I think you would be better using LED lighting that comes on a roll, like this:

http://www.ledcentre.uk.com/163-60-smd-power-3528-strip-led-light-bright-white-12-v-dc.html

You simply cut it to length and use the adhesive backing to fix it in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

would that strip not be tricky for diy....

you have to solder the connections and there's also power supply/s

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

would that strip not be tricky for diy....
    Easier in my opinion. It simply sticks in place.
    you have to solder the connections and there's also power supply/s
    No soldering required.

• Advertisement
Advertisement