Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you de-gass wine?

Options
  • 27-09-2013 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to de-gass (take out the c02) from my blackberry wine. Whats the cheapest way around this? What I mean is, can I make an attachment for my drill instead of buying one? Have you guys ever had to de-gass your wine and if so, how did you do it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Depends on the volume. In a 5L water bottle, you can put your clean hand over the top, shake the sh1t out of it then release gas, repeat until done.
    If its 23-25L then the drill attachment thingies are the job. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Yeah its 20 lites in a bucket. Might try the airlock attached to a hoover to create a vacuum. Or I might just shake she shyte out of it with the lid on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Jeez, 20L... how did you manage juicing for all those blackberries?

Anyhow..ya only done it with demi johns but best method seems to be the proverbial 'shake the sh1t' method.

There was mention on some site about getting some bubbling stone thing from pet fish shop! Can't remember the science behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

See here - Blackberry Wine Recipe

Just crushed them, didn't have to juice them like you would with apples lets say.

Probably shaking it will have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

You can use a plastic coat hanger
    Use the full length of the bottom part and leave a couple of inchs of the upright
    So I looks a little like a question mark.

Pop it: n a drill and whip the **** out of it, let it settle and repeat on kit wine this can take 2 or 3 hours

• Advertisement
Advertisement