Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keyboard not working properly

Options
  • 27-09-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

My enter key, backspace and spacebar keys have all stopped working. I've taken out the physical keys and cleaned underneath reinstalled the keyboard but no improvement. Does anyone know whats wrong and how to fix it? Its a dell laptop.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

My enter key, backspace and spacebar keys have all stopped working. I've taken out the physical keys and cleaned underneath reinstalled the keyboard but no improvement. Does anyone know whats wrong and how to fix it? Its a dell laptop.

Sounds like the keyboards probably screwed, did any liquid spill on it at any point?

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I recently fixed my sisters old Dell laptop... I think it was a Dell Inspirion 1540.
    The "asdf" and "jkl;" keys stopped working.

I tried removing the keyboard, checking the cable to the motherboard and putting back... but no joy.
    Bought a €15 replacement keyboard online ( OEM, not a Dell original), and that worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

Thanks for the replies. Apart from the occasional drop of coffee over the years I dont think theres been any spills over the laptop.

What kind of keyboard did you order, Creeping Death? Mine is an Inspiron 1525.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

What kind of keyboard did you order, Creeping Death? Mine is an Inspiron 1525.

Actually that's it... it was an Inspiron 1525 my sister had.

Here's the link to the exact item and seller.. Amazon.co.uk - BirminghamITgoods

Quoted as £8.44, but with sterling and delivery.. it's probably around the €15 at the end of it.

And here's the YouTube video I used to replace it...

regards,
    CD

Advertisement