Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browning 725 Auto safety

Options
  • 27-09-2013 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭

I bought a new B725 Hunter earlier this year from a gun dealer in Kerry, ordered it specifically with left Hand Cast and an Auto Safety, after collecting gun from shop the owner said "all was in order that he had checked it" paid him went home happy, when I put the gun together at home checked it no auto safety:mad:, in the choke box I found the auto-safety, rang the shop, the owner was not there, left complaint with assistant promised he would ring back,
    Did he not on your life:(, rang another few times over next few days left messages no return calls,typical ****ing Irish RFD, don't want to know after you hand over your money:mad:. Well I will never deal there again and will advise anyone who ask's my advice, go north or England when buying,better service.
    Well my question is anyone know someone local who would fit the auto safety, I am fairly knowledgeable mechanically, took gun apart, but cannot figure how the auto-safety fits in. I have done it before with other shotguns.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Is it not a simple piece of metal rod that attaches to the safety thumbpiece ? The back of the bolt pushes back against it when the gun is opened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

I bought a new B725 Hunter earlier this year from a gun dealer in Kerry, ordered it specifically with left Hand Cast and an Auto Safety, after collecting gun from shop the owner said "all was in order that he had checked it" paid him went home happy, when I put the gun together at home checked it no auto safety:mad:, in the choke box I found the auto-safety, rang the shop, the owner was not there, left complaint with assistant promised he would ring back,
    Did he not on your life:(, rang another few times over next few days left messages no return calls,typical ****ing Irish RFD, don't want to know after you hand over your money:mad:. Well I will never deal there again and will advise anyone who ask's my advice, go north or England when buying,better service.
    Well my question is anyone know someone local who would fit the auto safety, I am fairly knowledgeable mechanically, took gun apart, but cannot figure how the auto-safety fits in. I have done it before with other shotguns.
    Thanks

Walter Blacklaw in Wexford is Brownings contact in Southern Ireland.
    I'm sure he would help.
    His number is 086 3719609

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

rowa wrote: »
    Is it not a simple piece of metal rod that attaches to the safety thumbpiece ? The back of the bolt pushes back against it when the gun is opened ?

It is but the B725 is a mechanical system instead of inertia and there seems to be a little more extras in the way, if you know what I mean

Advertisement