Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my poor Patch

• 27-09-2013 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

To every dog owner in Belmayne area: be aware of a bad pit bull! I was walking my beagle dog ( on the line) in the field at St. Samson estate, when this big brown pitbul appeared at about 50 meters in front of us, walking free ( not on a leash)! I could see his owner, a lady, on the phone, not looking at all at the dog. I stopped and waited for the lady to get hold of her dog. My dog lay on the ground as well. But the pitbul was already on the run, with the owner following him. She was just about to get him couple times. But she did not! Long story short, he came at us, pushed me aside, (I placed myself between him and my dog), and bit my dog at the back of the leg ;( I could save my dog only by taking him into my arms and swirling away from the pitbul. The owner of the pitbul arrived after long, pulling hardly away. I asked her why is the pitbul free in a public zone, she just said sorry and run away. Now I am left with bills for the vet and a frightened dog ;(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

You should call the dog warden & the guards to report this. The owner of the other dog should have to pay the vets bill.Hope your dog is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bellmaine

Thanks, I will have to do it, as the owner did not show any sign of repairing her mistake. Owners like her just make dogs suffer ( in a way or other).

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

I have heard of one that was around in Father Colins park aswell (not sure if it was a pitbull or bulldog, cant remember as was told a couple months ago) that does be off the leash and has bitten another dog and attacked swans and the owner does not care . Sounds like the same idiots but it was a bloke with the dog then.

Hope your dog is okay soon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Hope you and your Dog are okay. Terrible to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

there are gob****es everywhere ,last sunday morning in the phoenix park beside the chapelizod gates there were two pitts running loose , owner well away screaming at them to come back ,

• Advertisement
Advertisement