Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 month old's nappies leaking at nighttime

Options
  • 27-09-2013 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hiya,

I've tried every nappy brand out there (I think!!) but 11 month old wakes up about 4 nights out of 7 drenched up the side because his nappy has leaked during the night. I've tried going up a size and double nappying but they don't seem to work either.

I was just wondering if any puts a cloth nappy over the disposable nappy?
    Any and all suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Have you tried lidls own brand? The pull up ones?

They are by far the best I ever used never had one leak, Unlike pampers huggies which are absolute rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ml123

I have tried the lidl nappies but not the pull ups - it would never had occured to me to look at pull ups for a 11 month old!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

just try different brands or maybe he needs a different size.
    We find the Boots own brand ones brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Is he wearing a onesie that buttons underneath at bedtime? I only ask because this was happening for awhile with my 2 year old and found out because he wasnt wearing vests anymore, he was able to put his hands down the front of his nappy which would push it all out of place during the night and would then wet himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I had this problem a few months back. Like you tried going up a size and loads of different brands. Even tried changing her as i was going to bed but it was always after that itvwould happen. So eventually thanks to my mum i decided to get a reusable nappy. Just the outer part that goes on last. And that worked for us.
    Thankfully at 17 months i dont need it anymore but it was great as some morning she would have gro bag and all wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Is he getting a full bottle just before bedtime? Giving it an hour or half hour before bed and changing the nappy just before bedtime should reduce the volume. I used to try and get most of the milk into mine earlier in the day and then give a cup about an hour before bedtime.

+1 on Lidl nappies, the new ones are great, I ditched P*mpers completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Another +1 for Lidl nappies. I think they fit better around the legs if your baby doesn't have little chubby thighs.
    And half the price of pampers!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

I had a couple of weeks of this too,I just used 2 nappies at night,one normal and a size bigger over it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Had this exact problem around the 10 month mark. Drove me bonkers for two weeks.

I ended up going up to size 5 and changing from Pampers to Lidls and it stopped

However, I'm convinced, that they sometimes go through some kind of growth spurt where they are just in between sizes and it'll run it's course until they can fill the next size. I say this as it happened before when he was going from a size 2 to a 3. For some reason didn't have much problems from 3 to 4.

I was considering putting one of those waterproof cloth nappy outers. I was putting sanitary pads in the nappy for extra absorption, everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ml123

Thanks a million for all yer replies - haven't had a chance yet to get to a LIDL but will def pick try them up when I'm near one!
    Just feel sorry for the little fella waking up wet :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement