Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 Ratings

Options
  • 27-09-2013 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭

Another year of Fifa brings another year of football, and another year of strange player ratings.

Here's a list of the top 50 rated players in the game, which has received a fair amount of criticism online.

According to Fifa's ratings, David Silva is up there with the best of the best alongside a Wayne Rooney who is coming off of a dismal year and a Nemanja Vidic who hasn't played regularly for a long, long time.

The decision to include Luka Modric in the top 50 while excluding the likes of Balotelli and Neymar has also been received very poorly.

So Boards, what's your opinion on the player ratings? Who should be higher/lower rated and who is completely out of place?

50. Thomas Müller 85
    49. Sergio Busquets 85
    48. Pedro 85
    47. Marco Reus 85
    46. Eden Hazard 85
    45. Arturo Vidal 85
    44. Mats Hummels 85
    43. Luka Modrić 85
    42. Karim Benzema 85
    41. Ezequiel Lavezzi 85
    40. Santi Cazorla 85
    39. Jesús Navas 85
    38. Petr Čech 85
    37. Xabi Alonso 85
    36. Ashley Cole 85
    35. Robert Lewandowski 86
    34. Ángel Di María 86
    33. Luis Suárez 86
    32. Manuel Neuer 86
    31. Cesc Fàbregas 86
    30. Sergio Ramos 86
    29. Gerard Piqué 86
    28. Mario Gomez 86
    27. Carlos Tévez 86
    26. Vincent Kompany 86
    25. Giorgio Chiellini 86
    24. Yaya Touré 86
    23. Andrea Pirlo 86
    22. Iker Casillas 86
    21. Gianluigi Buffon 86
    20. Edinson Cavani 87
    19. Juan Mata 87
    18. Mesut Özil 87
    17. Gareth Bale 87
    16. Thiago Silva 87
    15. Nemanja Vidić 87
    14. Philipp Lahm 87
    13. Wayne Rooney 87
    12. David Silva 88
    11. Sergio Agüero 88
    10. Bastian Schweinsteiger 88
    9. Arjen Robben 88
    8. Zlatan Ibrahimović 89
    7. Xavi 89
    6. Robin van Persie 89
    5. Andres Iniesta 89
    4. Falcao 90
    3. Franck Ribéry 90
    2. Cristiano Ronaldo 92
    1. Lionel Messi 94

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Gomez seems awfully high.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Yeah, 86 is very high for someone who's main attribute is finishing and doesn't contribute that much in build up play.

Would have Ibrahimovic at 90 myself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Maybe its because I'm a Liverpool fan, but Suarez seems low?

Whatever about his character, but just in footballing abilities I think he is comfortably better attacker than the following who are the same or higher than him:

Lewandowski
    Gomez
    Tévez

And there would be a decent argument to made for him against a good few others too

EDIT:

Actually Ramos is too high as well. Joint 3rd best CB in the world.....

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

Rooney too high as per usual but nice to see 4 Bayern players in the top 15.

Reus seems really underrated, Lewandowski possibly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

SmurfX wrote: »
    Rooney too high as per usual but nice to see 4 Bayern players in the top 15.

Reus seems really underrated, Lewandowski possibly as well.

Where would you have Lewandowski? IMO he is no Van Persie or Ibra (on his day). I dont know enough about Falcao to comment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

9 players, according to Whatculture.com, that FIFA have rated completely wrong:

http://whatculture.com/gaming/fifa-14-9-ratings-ea-have-got-horribly-wrong.php/2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

9 players, according to Whatculture.com, that FIFA have rated completely wrong:

http://whatculture.com/gaming/fifa-14-9-ratings-ea-have-got-horribly-wrong.php/2

They are amazed Gareth Bale only got 87 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Considering what he's done, towards a lot of other players they rank so highly ... "double PFA Player of the Year winner, third-highest goalscorer in the Premier League last season" let alone the fact he's now the most expensive player in the world [yeah, i don't get that either] - the fact he's only ranked 17th on the game is more amusing than anything else IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Pish them FIFA ratings are pure garbage as usual, loads of players there were bloody rubbish for the last 12-18 months but are just rated high because of who they play for rather than how they play. Nice to see Vidal squeeze into the list he`s only one of the most in form players in the last 2 years. Hamsik was ignored then for the in-form Lavezzi :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

GTR63 wrote: »
    Pish them FIFA ratings are pure garbage as usual, loads of players there were bloody rubbish for the last 12-18 months but are just rated high because of who they play for rather than how they play.

Heh, not a FIFA fan but ChampMan always suffered from "everyone at Man U, Barce and Real is deadly"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Maybe its because I'm a Liverpool fan, but Suarez seems low?

Whatever about his character, but just in footballing abilities I think he is comfortably better attacker than the following who are the same or higher than him:

Lewandowski
    Gomez
    Tévez

And there would be a decent argument to made for him against a good few others too

EDIT:

Actually Ramos is too high as well. Joint 3rd best CB in the world.....

Gomez at a push is the only one better than Suarez, Suarez may have more flair than those three, but they get goals, lots of goals each.

Ramos is an unlikeably person for some but he is a fantastic defender, who else would you have instead of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

Where would you have Lewandowski? IMO he is no Van Persie or Ibra (on his day). I dont know enough about Falcao to comment

He's as good as any centre forward there is IMO, he doesn't have the god mode gear that Ibra can switch into but has much greater consistency than him. Definitely different level to RVP in my view and offers a lot more than Falcao or Cavani.

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Heh, not a FIFA fan but ChampMan always suffered from "everyone at Man U, Barce and Real is deadly"

Bought PES its a bit slow, lacking in licences (and it too has awful ratings)but I am enjoying it the disgraceful Handheld re-skins really annoyed me this year, dunno why it annoyed me so much but they ain`t getting me to buy a console re-skin that is glitchy at launch yet again.

Don't think there can be an argument for Ibrahimovic to be lower as he's proven that he is among the best and has been for years. I'd personally rate him higher than Cavani, RVP and Lewandowski and on par with Falcao, although they are much different players.

In my opinion, Gomez is high, as is Rooney, Silva, Pique, Modric and Pedro. They should all be maybe 1/2 lower.

Vidic is ridiculously high as well, 85 would have been generous considering what he has contributed in the last 2 years.

Playing with Milan and noticed De Jong is only 79 which is very low and I don't see why they penalise some players for getting injured but not others. Would have had him 82/83.

El Shaarawy is only 81 which is a bit low imo and Balotelli stands at 84 which isn't bad but I'd have had him higher.

Andrea Poli at 75 is ridiculously low. And I don't think Robinho is a top player but he's surely better than 75.

Anybody notice other team's players, who aren't in the top 50 list, as being rated strangely?

The update changes the player ratings from the start.

De Jong is now down to 78 :eek:

I don't understand it. In what world is Nigel De Jong only as good as Tom Cleverley :rolleyes:

Lichtsteiner should be higher than 78.

Lichtsteiner should be higher than 78.

If only he`d join an English team I am sure it`d help him. What is Matri in the game Smithwicks Fan a 12 or maybe 16 at a push

GTR63 wrote: »
    If only he`d join an English team I am sure it`d help him. What is Matri in the game Smithwicks Fan a 12 or maybe 16 at a push

Haha, I wouldn't complain if he was! He's 76 which I wouldn't complain about tbh :pac:

Abate at 78 and De Sciglio at 77 is annoying

De Jong is 78, Montolivo 83 and Poli 76

El Shaarawy 81, Balotelli 84 and Kaká 82

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Lamela getting pushed back to 3 stars what the hell,was really looking forward to a Spurs career with all their young guns..major disappoint!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The update changes the player ratings from the start.

De Jong is now down to 78 :eek:

I don't understand it. In what world is Nigel De Jong only as good as Tom Cleverley :rolleyes:

Nigel is 79. Luuk is 78.

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    Nigel is 79. Luuk is 78.

NDJ registers a 78 for me after the launch update?

Dave1711 wrote: »
    Lamela getting pushed back to 3 stars what the hell,was really looking forward to a Spurs career with all their young guns..major disappoint!

He was a fantastic signing

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

He was a fantastic signing

Yeah in real life unbelievable..him and Eriksen were total bargains no idea how spurs got them.

Advertisement