Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attics Floored in Charlesland

Options
  • 27-09-2013 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Howdy

Has anyone got their attic floored?

I did a half assed job on mine a few years ago but i'd like to get it done properly. I have a 3 bed end of terrace house, if someone could give me a steer on cost that would be great, feel free to PM me if you feel its more of a private thing. Also, did you do it yourself or get a carpenter.

Thanks for looking :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

If you're just putting down chipboard and makin a storage area, I suppose no harm done. But in order for it to be planning compliant the new floor has too be steel supported. i had my EOT done with window and stairs. About 23k. A nice little room too.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

What's an EOT ?
    I'm not talking a full on room conversion, more just an area thats for storage and thats safe to walk on.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Gordy6040 wrote: »
    What's an EOT ?
    I'm not talking a full on room conversion, more just an area thats for storage and thats safe to walk on.

End Of Terrace ?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

Thanks, just out of interest, did you change the shape of the roof? I was wondering if that would be necessary to get a bit more head room

No I didn't extend the hip. I saw one who did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

If you're just putting down chipboard and makin a storage area, I suppose no harm done. But in order for it to be planning compliant the new floor has too be steel supported. i had my EOT done with window and stairs. About 23k. A nice little room too.

23k - is it for habitable area I assume? - Do you have some pictures ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

unlikely habitable if roof is hipped in 3-bed end-of.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

23k for a storage seems excessive

It's a grand sized room. Double bed,tv and shelfing. Side space for storage with doodr acccess. Central heated and sylight. Ceiling cave like with halogen spots.

It's a grand sized room. Double bed,tv and shelfing. Side space for storage with doodr acccess. Central heated and sylight. Ceiling cave like with halogen spots.

sounds nice, so you did the steel beams, perhaps replaced all internal doors in the dwelling with new fire-retardant doors, wired new fire system to all floor levels (ground, first and attic),
    just one thing bothers me what height is your grand sized room?

• Advertisement

do you mind to throw a picture or two?

Advertisement