Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Machines

Options
  • 27-09-2013 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, made my mind up about moving these on. Bear in mind I'm not ready to organise them for collection yet, the shed will have to be cleared out somewhat etc first. Obviously these are all big machines, they won't fit in a normal car so a van or loader will be required. I know someone local who runs a moving buisness & has a proper loader truck with a lift etc on the back of it, so if you need transport I can prob arrange a decent deal on it.

So, the goods {three cabs in the middle, the two Taito ones at either end are gone}:

ka603m.jpg

29msrp0.jpg

The details of the three for sale:

On the left, a stand-up Ridge Racer machine. Fully working, sometimes it can take a few times to turn on {switch the socket on/off like}, I'm not sure what the issue is, it doesn't always happen. But it powers on, the game loads & plays flawlessly. No coin mech, but keyset is there should you want to add one. Polo 25" screen, crisp picture with no burn in. Manual shifter works perfectly, as does the gas & brake. Marguee is present & working too. Price: €325

In the middle, Gunblade DX {stands for Deluxe}. 50" Rear projection screen, twin guns {player 2 doesn't recoil, not sure what the issue is I never looked into it. It's definitely fixable, there's a part in the manual about how to fix it actually). Cab itself is in excellent condition, a few little dings etc but nothing bad at all. No coin mech, no keys for the door either. The door is open though so you could ad your own lock. Service/Coin buttons are behind the door for adding credits. The gun section separates from the screen, leaving a power connector, RGB & Sync BNC connectors. This means using a normal monitor or even projector is possible.

It does have one issue as most of you know. The PSU is borked. It needs a replacement one, I've seen them go on J+ for £20/£30, so it's easily fixable. It's just three block connectors so swapping it out is as easy as it gets too. It's been like this since I brought it home when I got it, but sometimes it does boot up & the game plays perfectly fine with both guns working. Price: €150 That's €100 less than I paid for it, so it'll easily cover the replacement psu, can't say fairer than that.

On the right, the Tekken 3 cab. Two player six button setup, the sixth button was obviously added later on. Coin mech present, keys present, marquee present & working. The artwork is quite faded, & half torn away on one side. I'm fairly sure this cab is the same type of cab as an MK2 cab, so it's an ideal candidate to be given MK2 artwork & converted to an actual MK2 cab. Polo 25" screen, only a few hours on it since it had a cap kit fitted. The chassis does need a replacement flyback though, it went some time ago & I havn't had a chance to replace it.

It's running a mame pc at the moment, via a JPAC, but the original psu, jamma harness etc are all still present. The price though only reflects the cab itself, not the pc or jpac..if interested in the lot I can look at pricing it accordingly. I'm not sure what the flyback will cost to replace, prob best off sending the chassis to Grantspain in the UK to be serviced, Keithgeo used him a few times & he's really good. Price: €150

I'll do a good deal on all three if anyone has the space, & am open to offers. But I've cut it down close enough, & won't be giving them away as I'd just rather keep them otherwise :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Any ideas how much to ship the ridge racer to Shankill, Dublin with that guy you know?
    I could slip that into the corner of my kitchen no probs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Whaaat, why you selling them all man..Tis a sad day.:(

Glws
    What you doing with the space?
    Pinballs¿?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Any ideas how much to ship the ridge racer to Shankill, Dublin with that guy you know?
    I could slip that into the corner of my kitchen no probs :)

Not sure, I'll try get a price but won't be home till Monday.
    Whaaat, why you selling them all man..Tis a sad day.:(

Hopefully they can stay in the A&R gang :)
    urbanledge wrote: »
    Glws
    What you doing with the space?
    Pinballs¿?

Nothing planned for the space at all :(

Cheers Enternow, no rush on it but if delivery is half reasonable I'll take the ridge racer off you.
    It'd be my first dedicated cab :)

• Advertisement

If Steve takes Ridge Racer, I'll let the Tekken 3 & Gunblade cabs go together for €350 or so

Steve pm'd with delivery price for Ridge Racer

Ridge Racer now on hold for Steve SI. Tekken 3 & Gunblade cabs still available, will let both go together for €350...or am open to offers on them individually too

Tekken 3 cab reduced to €200
    Gunblade reduced to €150

Tekken 3 cab reduced to €150 ono
    Gunblade cab reduced to €150 ono

Final reductions. Both together for €200

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Tekken 3 cab reduced to €150 ono
    Gunblade cab reduced to €150 ono

Final reductions. Both together for €200

Jebus!! If I'd the room I'd take them all at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Fantastic price alright. If I had the space I'd be all over them too.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Fantastic price alright. If I had the space I'd be all over them too.

Yep if I didn't own them already I'd snap these up :D I've no interest in making money on them (obviously looking at the prices), I'd like them to stay in the A&R club though before I have to shift them on via Adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Should either of the Taitos come back on the market I'd be interested :)

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Should either of the Taitos come back on the market I'd be interested :)

They now reside in the waiting room of Dr Bob's surgery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

ah crap just noticed this, would have loved ridge racer...

Im trying to get my mate to buy tekken,
    he wants to buy a new couch instead but im wearing him down!

Actually anychance of a few dimensions?
    Height,Width and dept.
    looks like a big girl!

sham69 wrote: »
    ah crap just noticed this, would have loved ridge racer...

Yeah Ridge Racer upright from what I can see isn't a common machine, tis a lovely dedicated cab actually.
    urbanledge wrote: »
    Im trying to get my mate to buy tekken,
    he wants to buy a new couch instead but im wearing him down!

Actually anychance of a few dimensions?
    Height,Width and dept.
    looks like a big girl!

Yep sure, it's:

6ft at its highest point
    42" at its deepest point, back of cab to front of cp
    27" wide

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Snifferson

Is Tekken cab still avail?

Snifferson wrote: »
    Is Tekken cab still avail?