Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student question.

• 27-09-2013 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey,

Bit of background, I am intending on applying to DCU as a mature student next year, but I've a small problem. I will be 23 on the 26th of January next year, but it says I must be 23 on the 1st of January of the year I am entering. Would they allow me to proceed with my application or would my age be flagged in the system and then not allowed to apply? Has this happened to anyone before? I finished my leaving cert at 17 and have be working ever since, but I don't want to wait another year to go to college because of a couple of days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi,
    As far as I'm aware you need to be 23 on or before that date, even if its only a few days they won't accept you. Happened to a girl I work with, think her birthday was February 1st.

Advertisement