Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about Ltd's as part of multi-nationals

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

If it's new that's why you can't find much info on websites about them. Would have to go into CRO and pay money to actually see the paper records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

I'll do a thesis on them if I get that far. For now,,,,,, 'find a happy simple place'....... :)

Also, as far as I know, the company still exists as Polkadots Irl. Ltd. but is just not listed anywhere. Have they somehow managed to set up a sort of holding company with this new company name with PIL as a subsidiary and what benefit would that be to them?
    I'm sure it's of benefit as the top holding company in the maze made 8bn profit last year. So they're doing something right.

The company is 35 years in operation in Ireland, in the same place, with various mergers/acquisitions/takeovers/name changes. The company name as it exists now can not be found, only this new 'entity' name which has been set up very recently.

Also, if it's new, I should be able to find 2010 or 2011 accounts?

• Advertisement

It would have to be 2-3 years old to have accounts from then, so it depends on your definition of new. Most companies have just now filed their 2012 accounts, and these are not visible online yet.

Doesn't really apply to my definition of new, but their definition of new. Going by their definition of new I'd say the past 6 months at a max

Find out what company they were trading as before, then you should be able to look at some accounts.

Are you interested enough to do a bit of rooting if I give you the name via pm? Purely out of curiosity and purely because I lack the know-how...?

They are still trading as the name I worked for.

• Advertisement

Ok I should have phrased that differently. Find out their official company name they used in the past, and their company number if possible. This should be written down on their company letterheads on any old documents. Companies leave a massive papertrail behind, and by law a lot of this is public information. The various company records websites just makes this easier to get.

How do I send a pm?

I 'think' I sent you a pm, but I can't find it.. Let me know if you did or did not get it.

I'm just not going to do them. They confuse me. You confuse me.

So, in answer to my original post, are they an actual stand-alone entity enjoying our corporate tax rate or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

sopretty wrote: »
    So, in answer to my original post, are they an actual stand-alone entity enjoying our corporate tax rate or not?

You've given no information, so how can anyone answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

This thread probably makes most sense when LSD assisted!

This thread probably makes most sense when LSD assisted!

Lol.
    I have been pm'ing another poster who has been extremely helpful with the information, though he refused to spoon-feed me :mad:. I was basically confused as to how the manager described it compared to how I understood it. I was confused as to how Ltd.'s can be part of floated companies. I was confused about corporate tax rates. I was confused as it had one shareholder, as I stupidly thought that if a company had a shareholder then they couldn't be an ltd. I have since found the company. It is a limited company, with a holding company in Luxembourg which is in turn owned by the HQ company in Houston Texas. Perhaps I should change my name to 'dopey'.
    Anyway, I have learned a lot in the past couple of days, so it's not all bad! Apart from discovering how little I know!!

I've also discovered that whenever I have a few spare quid, they might be a good investment..... :cool:

Also, in my defence, I am three weeks into a Fetac level 6 Business course. The last time I studied business was in Junior Cert - 19 years ago - I did 3 sciences to LC and no business subject... So apologies for my stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

ok

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Freepass

Its a branch!

Advertisement