Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roller Derby Till I Die

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 annabomination

October 18th, looks like :-) Yeah it looks amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Tails!

Can't wait for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 agony

you might even spot some of dublin in it when it airs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Is that available on a stream, a lá RTÉ Player? Still running on the bog stations here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭louloumc89

NakedDex wrote: »
    Is that available on a stream, a lá RTÉ Player? Still running on the bog stations here.

Yea same! I don't have a TV!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 adey66

According to the FB page they will be available online at some point.

"We havent got dates for the online release but will let you all know soon".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Katniss everMean

Oh this be good to see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭binncheol

I'm wondering if the Dublin - Brawl Saints game will have any air time! It was Bette Noir's last game, so might be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

October 18th, looks like :-) Yeah it looks amazing!

Oh of course, the same day as a gig! lol! *presses Record* Thank technologod for Sky+

Oh of course, the same day as a gig! lol! *presses Record* Thank technologod for Sky+
    Ah crap! I'll be in Gent getting prepped for our bout the next day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

I've never been happier to realise we have Sky Sports !
    Will be setting to record and no doubt there will be Cyclones popping in at all stages of the week to watch it.

Am sooo excited

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

It's TOMORROW! EEP!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shikei

Can't wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

So did anyone see it? Thoughts? I liked it, wished it focused more on the sport than the personal lives, but a great start for sure! :)

Wanna watch so bad but no sky :( Sky go doesn't seem to have that channel either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shikei

Watched it with ECC in a bar and couldn't hear most of it (had a great time anyway though, thanks girls!)

Shikei wrote: »
    Watched it with ECC in a bar and couldn't hear most of it (had a great time anyway though, thanks girls!)

Can't believe I didn't think of going to a bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LauRaht

Anyone know where I can watch this online? I'm only getting trailers and I've been to all the good streaming sites I know...

Dewdropdeb wrote: »
    So did anyone see it? Thoughts? I liked it, wished it focused more on the sport than the personal lives, but a great start for sure! :)

Yeah, I watched both eps - There was hardly any actual bouting action, which I was pretty disappointed by, but I still enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

yeah, pretty cool altogether, hopefully they make a bit more or release some other footage

• Advertisement

Hate to say it, but it's a bit crap.
    Awesome as these skaters might be, I don't really care about their job, their family or their pets.

I WANNA SEE SKATING DAMMIT!

froodie wrote: »
    Hate to say it, but it's a bit crap.
    Awesome as these skaters might be, I don't really care about their job, their family or their pets.

I WANNA SEE SKATING DAMMIT!

I've watched most of the episodes and I'm with you on this. I'd love if it followed Brawling's season with all the big WFTDA teams and then Brawl Saints season against European teams. Would be much more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Yeah me too, caught 4 episodes so far and it doesn't focus enough on the sport or the training involved and/or the running of the league.

I suppose I'd say we are a hard bunch to keep happy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Tails!

No there definitely needs to be way more derby! Its really just a documentary about peoples lives... I usually like documentaries too but these are just boring I wanna see derby :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

I haven't seen any episodes yet. :( I was really looking forward to it, but now not so much. The series seems to follows the tired trope that the mainstream media utilise to make roller derby a little more accessible to the masses.

*Insert socially acceptable career path for women* by day, *fire breathing Amazon warrior on skates* by night.

It's a pity, because I think this sort of marketing can be useful sometimes, but since the main audeince of the series is the members of the roller derby community, it's a little disappointing

Eeep, the Dublin game against Brawl Saints is going to be on this week's episode. Let's hope that there's no clips of me making a tit out of myself!
    Here's the clip:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=387714704696080

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

binncheol wrote: »
    Let's hope that there's no clips of me making a tit out of myself!

Never! Everyone looks very happy on the skate out!

diddlybit wrote: »
    Never! Everyone looks very happy on the skate out!

I think we were in "we're just happy to be here" mode!
    That or "don't **** your pants, don't **** your pants" mode ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 agony

i nodded a lot. my finest tv moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Ye were great! :)

Advertisement