Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apdi return policy

Options
  • 27-09-2013 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

I bought a compressor in aldi and it was advertised as having a three year warranty. It broker after a couple of months and I went back to aldi and they said they onpy deal with returns within 60 days and I have to call a company in Germany. Sounds a bit mad to me. Are they correct?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

No, As the retailer/seller they must look after it for you, they should arrange a repair or replacement or refund but if it broke due to customer misuse then you would have to pay for any repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Thats a polite feck off.

Remind them its not a return, its faulty! They are obliged to look after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭irishgeo

viztopia wrote: »
    I bought a compressor in aldi and it was advertised as having a three year warranty. It broker after a couple of months and I went back to aldi and they said they onpy deal with returns within 60 days and I have to call a company in Germany. Sounds a bit mad to me. Are they correct?

i know lots of people who dealt with that number in Germany and its a fantastic service.

i know one guy who has returned loads of stuff to them and has even newer models as they couldnt fix the old one.

so dont knock a service till you try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

irishgeo wrote: »
    i know lots of people who dealt with that number in Germany and its a fantastic service.

i know one guy who has returned loads of stuff to them and has even newer models as they couldnt fix the old one.

so dont knock a service till you try it.

Is that a free-phone number or do Aldi refund the costs of expensive international phone calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

I had an item break down and was a bit annoyed to be told to call the number in Germany. However, they sorted out a replacement in no time at all and I need not have worried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

viztopia wrote: »

grow a pair and send the company an email why post this here send the makers an email and explain the story why ask here? some people have no brains i tell ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

grow a pair and send the company an email why post this here send the makers an email and explain the story why ask here? some people have no brains i tell ya

What is it with you? Why would you post a comment like that? What do you mean some people have no brains? I presume you are referring to yourself. This is a forum where people come on to look for advice not to receive unwanted abuse. If you have nothing positive to add then please don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please leave the moderating to the moderators. This is an advice forum. If you can't post in a constructive & helpful manner, then please don't post.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

If you have nothing positive to add then please don't.[/QUOTE]

well well i asked the op to send the makers an email,,,,what did you offer like cork today f all

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@sensormatic - The tone of your post was far from helpful. Think about how you post, as well as what you say.

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement