Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Child Free Halloween in years!

Options
  • 27-09-2013 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hiya, I'm spending a few days with my sister over the Halloween break this year, we usually lay on a big Halloween party for my kids, but this year they will be with their Dad.. Now I love horrors and all things supernatural and scary and so does my sis.. Am thinking about the ghost bus tour, but can anyone recommend which one or an alternative spooky night out in Dublin.. Thanks :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I've done the ghost bus before... it's cheesy, but fun :)

'Hidden dublin walks' do a few other spooky things. I've got my ticket to the hellfire club booked for Halloween :D Something I've always been interested in doing! I'd highly recommend their 'haunted history' walking tour. I've done their northside ghost walk, but the haunted history one is better (if you don't do either of these for halloween, keep an eye out on groupon/livingsocial because there's usually half price tickets going a couple of times a year).

The national concert hall usually do a showing of a scary movie with a live score on halloween night. Looks like it's 'vertigo' this year.

I'll also be going to 'farmaphobia' this year which might be worth looking up. Obviously I can't comment on it yet though :P

Also glasnevin cemetery might do halloween tours? There's no details on their website yet, but it's one I might look into for next year :) (I love all things spooky!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Wow thanks a million, that all looks great, so many choices, Halloween is definitely the grown ups holiday... Jeez am killed with excitement now!! :) Liking the idea of the Haunted history tour... :D

Jesus just looked up Farmaphobia!!!! It looks amazing!! Why do we love been scared witless..lol, thanks again.

No probs! Yeah I'm hoping farmaphobia isn't going to be too scary for me :P

I love Halloween!! Definitely not just a kids holiday these days ;)

If you or anybody else is still looking for ideas, it might be worth checking out the programme for the Bram Stoker festival:

http://www.bramstokerfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Bram_Stoker_Festival_2013.pdf

They're only in their second year and I only heard of it recently... looks like a lot of fun stuff in the run up to halloween though :D

• Advertisement

That looks fab, hadn't planned been up the weekend leading up to Halloween
    but plans can be changed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Farmaphobia looks class, anything else like it? I love Halloween and feel as it has its origins here, we should truly embrace it as much as possible. The benefits of this are obvious and would bring more tourists to the country, who want to embrace the true spirit of halloween. To do we need to rival the states, don't see why not.

Anyway, anyone know any fancy dress type balls worth going to this Halloween?
    Would love to go to something akin to what was hosted in Tailor Hall a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Also, the IFI have their annual Horrorthon over the whole bank holiday weekend, during the day, and into the night. Usually some good films, and good craic too.

Advertisement