Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found kitten - no idea what to do!!

• 27-09-2013 6:10pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hubby has just arrived home after finding a kitten.

No idea what age it is or how to look after it. Have no idea with kittens, Keeping it is not an option as we have 2 cat unfriendly dogs, for now it is in the dog's crate to keep it safe whilst the dog is outside.

Its a very friendly little thing, although it appears to be limping a little bit

What on earth do I do???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Where are you based?
    Give it some food (chicken/ham or raw meat if you've nothing else suitable)
    Water to drink or cat milk from the shop NOT cows milk cats are lactose intolerant
    Check Facebook page of local rescues for lost kitty matching description

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'd be interested to know where you are too and also and what the kitten looks like...cos somebody came over to me earlier and dropped a kitten in front of my 2 dogs - it hissed and ran away... :confused: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

first of all dont panic!! 8-) Having a rescued emergency with cat-unfriendly dogs is very stressful!
    check all the websites for lost/found kittens
    unfortunately there are so many abandoned kittens/cats about at the moment, its probably not lost, but dumped/abandoned.
    Check it over to see why its limping - for obvious injuries/cuts. You could bathe it with a bit of warm water/cotton wool, if you find any cuts.
    Try to get some it to eat food/water.
    Put a soft blanket/towel in to get it comfortable/warm
    Phone around the local animal rescues to see if they will take it.
    Phone/email/text everyone you know to see if anyone is willing to take it on even temporarily, since you have the dogs to worry about. Do you have a shed/garage that you can put it away from the dogs?
    Hope you can get a home/find its owner soon

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I'm in limerick, checked a few of the farmers and it's not theirs.

Its gorgeous, and really friendly, I'll try and put a pic up

Well this is the little kitty
    DSC_1686.jpg

The limp seems to be down to either a hip problem or a short leg..

Hopefully will get it to the vet tomorrow and see what they say

• Advertisement

Update- wonderfully New home found for kitty, I almost wanted to move in myself;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Love a happy ending !:), well done on finding a new home and on your kindness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Update- wonderfully New home found for kitty, I almost wanted to move in myself;-)

BRILLIANT news. Well done you and your OH - thats your Brownie Points sorted for the rest of the year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Lovely kitten. Well done for looking after it and finding a good home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Good news. Glad to hear it has found a home. We have been talking about getting a cat ourselves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement