Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I have EVERYONES opinion PLEASE

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Ill ask the mod to close the thread for fear of repeating myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LonelyBug

cathy01 wrote: »
    I never referred to the SNA been linked to having a medical card?

I cant see why any school would need to know this information.

I don't like the relationship been created by saying PROBLEM=UNEMPLOYMENT
    PROBLEM = LOANER
    ETC.
    Its the identification of a situation as been a problem.
    MAYBE ITS NOT.

I don't see why a school cant just say
    if you have concerns in relation to your child talk to us.

Hang on a second Cathy. This might not be something you want to hear, but a child being deemed a loner can be problematic in secondary school for the child. By being aware of this from the get go the school can keep a watchful eye on the situation to try to ensure the child is doing ok in school.

Similarly, the parents being unemployed can be problematic for the child. What about school trips or other extracirricular activities that require extra money that the parents might not have? If the school is aware of the economic restraints on a family they could be more sensitive to that child's situation.

Quite frankly Cathy you are being hypersensitive and seeing offence where none is intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Ill ask the mod to close the thread for fear of repeating myself.

Are you not going to get back to us on what the principal has to say on it?

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    Are you not going to get back to us on what the principal has to say on it?

Yes but would mind waiting till I recover from Shock of learning my child may never walk right again.just wait till dust developes on her wheelchair.

Hypersensitive ?

No experienced .yes most definitely .

LonelyBug wrote: »
    Hang on a second Cathy. This might not be something you want to hear, but a child being deemed a loner can be problematic in secondary school for the child. By being aware of this from the get go the school can keep a watchful eye on the situation to try to ensure the child is doing ok in school.

Similarly, the parents being unemployed can be problematic for the child. What about school trips or other extracirricular activities that require extra money that the parents might not have? If the school is aware of the economic restraints on a family they could be more sensitive to that child's situation.

Quite frankly Cathy you are being hypersensitive and seeing offence where none is intended.

Name calling???? Mods please close the thread before I say something I really want to but know I shouldn't .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Name calling???? Mods please close the thread before I say something I really want to but know I shouldn't .

I think he/ she was referring to your child!

ElleEm wrote: »
    I think he/ she was referring to your child!

Sorry I don't understand who was referring to my child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Sorry I don't understand who was referring to my child.

I thought you bolded the "the child" bit. Apologies. And I don't know that saying you appear hypersensitive is name calling. It is an observation based on your writing and tone.

Edit: sorry to read that about your child.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm closing this thread at the OP's request.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This thread was closed at the request of the OP in agreement with the Moderators. Closed - end of!

Any further attempts by posters to continue this via PM with the OP will be considered harassment & the matter will be reported to the site Administrators for further action.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement