Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nanny for 1 night

Options
  • 27-09-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi
    I'm looking for an honest trustworthy nanny for 1 evening .I've seen somewhere an agency what offered that kind of service but can't find a webpage.My twins are 4 years old and my partner birthday coming up thought we could go out gor once and hire a nanny for couple of hours.Can anyone recommend an agency or a qualified honest nanny please? THANKS!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Jesus career prospects are bad, but that's still a bit harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

What you want is something known as a 'babysitter'... and the appropriate forum.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Is it over night or just for a few hours?
    I would ask a friend or family member or ask other people around about their babysitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

I would say that judging by the wording of the OP that she is perhaps not Irish?

I think Op what you are looking for is a babysitter.You should look at the notice board in your local supermarket.

Expect to pay 10-15 euro per hour if it is only for 2/3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mummybear

No im not irish and have no family around not even a friend who could come over to look after my kids:-(
    And only a little add:I have never hired anybody to look after my kids before perhaps that's why I'm not sure how you title those people.Thats my job to care about my kids and I only tried yo ask help
    here shouldn't be rude towards me.Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 14,047 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Are your kids in creche? Or preschool? You could ask one of the teachers if they would be interested in minding them for the night.

It is very difficult when you live in an area and know nobody. But you will find once your kids start school you will get to know other parents, and slowly you will build up a little support network of people you can call on, if you need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Mummybear wrote: »
    No im not irish and have no family around not even a friend who could come over to look after my kids:-(
    And only a little add:I have never hired anybody to look after my kids before perhaps that's why I'm not sure how you title those people.Thats my job to care about my kids and I only tried yo ask help

Well done on being a good parent and trying to get advice about having someone reputable and qualified to look after your kids.

Your best approach is to look for local babysitters as already suggested above. Just ask for a reference and check up on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

If there are secondary school girls, 15 to 17 living in your estate/area they would usually be willing to babysit. Check the local supermarket ad board or even put up an ad yourself. This way you could get anyone who answers to call in first to speak with you and meet the kids. You may as well get to know a babysitter because you will need them again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

http://www.nanny.ie

Here is web page of one agency.

Drop them an email or a call maybe.

But really the option most people use is a family member or a local 16+yr old.

You could put a note up in local shop and see who replies .

You could ring local crèche and see if any staff do evening baby sitting. This would be a private arrangement between you and babysitter

Also some hotels have numbers of people who do occasional babysitting, worth ringing some local hotels and see if they can give you any details.

Enjoy your night out :)

More links

http://www.hynesagency.ie
    http://www.parentingsolutions.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I saw your other post in farming:)

If you're looking for a support group in your area try http://www.cuidiu-ict.ie/supports_babiestoddlers_groups

My wife is Eastern European and has got to know a lot of ladies in our area through parent/toddler mornings in the local area.

They have been a great support to her(us) over the last few years.

There may also be parent /toddler groups in your local community hall/church hall that could give you a network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

It's not being rude - its only being helpful.

Most Irish people don't go through a envied for babysitters, they ask a trusted neighbour if the know anyone who would be interested in babysitting. They usually check around & come back with a niece or friends daughter ; that's the way it usually works!! If you have a figure in mind let them know ; e30 for the night & you'll be back by 3am or whatever, & your husband will walk them home/ pay for taxi home whatever the arrangement.

Thanks for reply. I won't leave my kids for a young girl in night time sorry.But appreciate gor your suggestions.

Oh it was a mistake I didn't meant to put that post to the farming:-) But thanks anyway.:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Ask at the local crèche if any of the staff take on nighttime baby sitting jobs. They will be generally over 18/21 and trained in childcare to one degree or another and sometimes do nighttime baby sitting to supplement their income.

Thanks very much for suggestion.I 'll try.

Advertisement