Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

search this forum

Options
  • 27-09-2013 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭

sometimes when i click on search this forum it sends me to search box at the bottom of the page (rather then giving a search box in drop down that works) , and when I enter a search there are no results, when there should be some, and the information that should appear seems to be stuck under the page headers I can just about see a link to contact page thats hidden by the Home > Advanced Search bar

also often the drop tabs along the top don't appear

something to do with the skin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

sometimes when i click on search this forum it sends me to search box at the bottom of the page (rather then giving a search box in drop down that works) , and when I enter a search there are no results, when there should be some, and the information that should appear seems to be stuck under the page headers I can just about see a link to contact page thats hidden by the Home > Advanced Search bar

also often the drop tabs along the top don't appear

something to do with the skin?

Sorry only getting back to you on this one now, what skin are you using? Am unaware of any skin that provides a search form near the bottom of the forum page.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Sorry only getting back to you on this one now, what skin are you using? Am unaware of any skin that provides a search form near the bottom of the forum page.

um the old blue one, which is somehow in settings is called white

i dunno its still happening

anyway on windows 7, latest firefox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

um the old blue one, which is somehow in settings called white

i dunno its still happening

anyway on windows 7, latest firefox

We don't currently support the legacy skins unfortunately, so i can't guarantee a fix. Is the search drop down rendering at the bottom of the page, or is it a separate form altogether? If you could post a screenshot that would be great, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

We don't currently support the legacy skins unfortunately, so i can't guarantee a fix. Is the search drop down rendering at the bottom of the page, or is it a separate form altogether? If you could post a screenshot that would be great, cheers

I wasn't aware it was an 'unsupported legacy skin', i'll switch to the blue, 'white - boards.ie beta' and if the problems appears again i'll get you a screen shot

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement