Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

From those who know?

• 27-09-2013 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Right my back story
    I have recently got married and come back from the honeymoon nearly a stone heavier...

Now i have always been fit and healthy although i have carried a bit extra on my chest for the last few years not quite Moobs but heading that way.

I love to exercise and will be running every morning starting from Monday for about 40/45 minutes and then i will go into the gym we have in work during my lunch break....

The question I have is ....to lose this weight and start to tone up am I better to just do cardio before I start lifting weights or can/should I do both at the same time???
    (the number on the weighing scale doesn't bother me is how i look and fell that i think is important)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You can do both but I would say don't run every day, if you're new to it you'll probably injure.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭shannonman81

No i'm not new to it...I was running quite a bit before the wedding plus I play soccer...I've just not let my self get into this shape before and I want to do something about it quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Orlaw3136

I've been walking your road and the four best things I've done are :-

(a) Ditch booze
    (b) Sort out my diet
    (c) Join a well-equipped gym
    (d) Get instruction in how to lift heavy metal things (well, heavy for me, you understand).

Have done very little cardio (10 minute interval sprints on a rower a few times a week). Weights 3 times a week for 45 minutes. Seeing a massive difference already in my physique, and feeling great.

When my rapid gains slow down a bit I'll look at working in some more cardio but for now just the weights seem to have a huge effect.

Ditch the booze..well needless to say I will be cutting back now that I'm back from honeymoon

The diet I have already started to do...and I like healthy food so that's easy

I have half decent gym in work which has all I'll need so I'm sorted there

And we have had gym instructors in before so I know what I' doing with my form when i lift.

I have come to the conclusion that I'm going to do cardio Monday..weights and soccer training Tuesday..Cardio again on Wednesday weights and soccer on Thursday...cardio again on Friday break on Saturday and I have matches on Sunday so that will probably do.

As part of the soccer training we do circuit training and spinning so that should all help long term. Im also keeping a food journal so i can keep track of what i eat and drink.

Ill keep ye posted!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Right my back story
    I have recently got married and come back from the honeymoon nearly a stone heavier...

Flippin hell Man, where'd ye go on Honeymoon?? :eek:

• Advertisement

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Flippin hell Man, where'd ye go on Honeymoon?? :eek:

Ah dude...Its awful we did a drive down the west coast of the states which was bad enough but then we did a cruise,,,and that is just decadent, food and drink constantly..
    I was kicking myself when i came back but now I just gotta suck it up and sort it out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Ah dude...Its awful we did a drive down the west coast of the states which was bad enough but then we did a cruise,,,and that is just decadent, food and drink constantly..
    I was kicking myself when i came back but now I just gotta suck it up and sort it out...

Don't worry Man, at least you now know what not to do it for your next marriage :)

Advertisement