Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 2 Results

Options
  • 27-09-2013 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭

Seattle 40
    San Francisco 34

After a pain in the hole disconnection in the 4th we restarted and used the first half to get the scores back to what was there previous,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

Broncos beat the Giants 38-10

I can only imagine how irriatated daftdave was. He was unlucky with drops on both sides of the ball. Manning (...ok I) should have been picked off at least once. I guess Madden swings in roundabouts though.

The Broncos are a pleasure to play with. Lots of passing options;in two games Ive had 6 different td catchers. Highlights inc Montee Ball trundling through three tacklers on the way to a checkdown td, and Knowson busting a big 'un to seal the win.

Apologies to daftdave for that run. Truthfully I didn't intend to score another td at that point but the urge to cap off the run was too much.:o

Giants had nice early pressure. JPP getting two sacks and generally being a nuisance. Cruz also had a big day in defeat.

Goodluck to my opponent for the rest of the season. You'll definitely cause problems with that blitzing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Tough luck Caroller and the Niners.

You've come on a long way since you started.

Ok results may not reflect that yet but to finish close to a competitive player is an achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Tough luck Caroller and the Niners.

You've come on a long way since you started.

Ok results may not reflect that yet but to finish close to a competitive player is an achievement

It literally came down to me getting a first down in the last 2 min to seal it and not have to punt it back, good game mate and looking forward to our next game, some really good play calls on your half...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Texans

Texans kick off, Titans move it, Locker read option and its a TD.
    Should be a pick but its dropped..Coty Sensabaugh picks off the next pass. Bad play calling means its only 3
    Titans force a 3 and out, Texans do the same, Titans force a punt.

Hunter takes a play to the redzone, C2J TD, Texans drive for a FG with less than a minute in the 1st half... they miss

HT and its 17-0 Titans

Texans get to the redzone, Tate TD

Titans RBs killing it.. but then a pick in the redzone surely stops Hunter from , scoring.. Texans TD to Andre Johnson

Shonn Greene gets a good rushing TD to restore a 10 point lead.. Texans punt.

Washington takes in a clutch 4th quarter pass, C2J weaves through the Texans D for a TD

Texans get a score, 31-21 with 3 mins left.. onside kick Hunter recovers

C2J breaks off a run.. TD Titans, Texans TD, 2 pointer ,is no good

C2J after a mad scramble recovers the onside kick... and almost brings it back, C2J then fumbles... recovered for a TD..

38-34.. onside kick recoverd by the Titans... Run and a TO, Run and TO..

3rd and 2.. Titans on the Texans 33 they dont get it and go back 3 yards, just out of FG range... Titans punt with 33 seconds left and no TOs for the Texans..

Titans give up a big play..Texans get the TD with 19 seconds left

first play is an int.. game over

Some Stats:
    Titans have 419 yards, 208 rushing
    Texans get 473, 29 rushing

Lockers rating is 73, 12 from 17, 224 yards 2 ints
    Schaub is 112, 27 from 43, 455 yards, 3 TDs and 1 int

C2J has 19 carries for 145 yards and 3 Tds
    Greene has 4 carries for 56 yards and a TD
    Foster is 24 yards and 2 TDs

Andre Johnson, 11 catches, 234 yards and 3 TDs.. and on a cold streak

C2Js fumble killed this game, from there i knew I was going to lose..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Titans @ Texans

Should be a pick but its dropped..Coty Sensabaugh picks off the next pass. Bad play calling means its only 3

Hunter takes a play to the redzone, C2J TD, Texans drive for a FG with less than a minute in the 1st half... they miss

HT and its 17-0 Titans

Titans RBs killing it.. but then a pick in the redzone surely stops Hunter from , scoring.. Texans TD to Andre Johnson

Washington takes in a clutch 4th quarter pass, C2J weaves through the Texans D for a TD

C2J after a mad scramble recovers the onside kick... and almost brings it back, C2J then fumbles... recovered for a TD..

3rd and 2.. Titans on the Texans 33 they dont get it and go back 3 yards, just out of FG range... Titans punt with 33 seconds left and no TOs for the Texans..

Some Stats:

Wow that game had it all!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Titans @ Texans

HT and its 17-0 Titans

Some Stats:

I genuinely can't believe this game.

Heli was all over me, Adrian foster ran twice for positive yardage...otherwise he sucked unbelievable balls.

That fumble and return for TD and that inside kick that jumped around for ages...heart in mouth stuff!

I can honestly say, heli should be 2-0. Pure luck in the end

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ah madden.. Tis only a game anyway and as things go it was enjoyable until your last offensive play!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Ah madden.. Tis only a game anyway and as things go it was enjoyable until your last offensive play!

Glad your such a calm man, I would have taken up ultimate frezbie with the disk if it happened to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

GreenBay win 38-28 over the Washington Redskins.
    0/10/14/14
    7/0/7/14

Rush 280 to 142
    Pass 145 to 211
    T/O 1 to 2
    3rd down 5/8 62% to 2/6 33%

RG3 131.9 rating 15/22 for 226 and 2td
    AR 117.3 9/13 for 156 and 2td

Lacy 23 for 211 2td
    Morris 10 for 120 1td
    Rodgers 8/60. (Includes kneels) for 1td
    Rg3 3/5

Special mention for Richard Crawford kick returns 3/142 1 TD

Fred Davis out with a ruptured disk for 6 weeks.

Tight game till the third quarter, game turned in the second with a fumble on the greenbay eight giving me a three point lead going into the second half and Lacy never looked back. Vital 15 yrd third down on a screen won this for me with a late consolation TD from a kickoff return keeping the score respectable for the skins.

To put thinks in perspective, I traded away for Jared Allen (top DE) in the PFL, in the first game this morning he injured himself and is now out for the season and he had a 12 million cap hit, getting stressed with madden is not good!

• Advertisement

To put thinks in perspective, I traded away for Jared Allen (top DE) in the PFL, in the first game this morning he injured himself and is now out for the season and he had a 12 million cap hit, getting stressed with madden is not good!

Ouch! That's terrible luck. Maybe you will have better luck come week 4 for your match vs Berty!

madalig12 wrote: »
    Ouch! That's terrible luck. Maybe you will have better luck come week 4 for your match vs Berty!

I'm away :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens 14 - Browns 28

Never ever try to beat Joe Haden :(
    He'll win every time!

Good game, see ya later this season

I'm away :pac:

Cluck cluck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Cowboys 20-23 Chiefs.

Perrin got the win here and I'm still not sure exactly how. It was an absolutely super game, and really even, as most of our games are. I took the lead with 30 seconds to go and got the Cheifs to 3rd and 10 after a dropped pick, and Dwayne Bowe despite being covered caught a pass as my CB watched, and rumbled for 53 yards to set up the game winner. I had chances to score earlier but threw 2 picks, 1 after being baited into a zone and the other as I pressed B instead of RB as the receiver I was looking at was wide open in the endzone, the ball went into double coverage. :(

Well played Perrin, I will get you back for that. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Based on results so far it's seems like we're going to have some cracking seasons with Madden 25. It looks like anyone can beat anyone and games will become impossible to predict!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Ravens 14 - Browns 28

Never ever try to beat Joe Haden :(
    He'll win every time!

Good game, see ya later this season

Yea good game

Bounced back well from a disastrous week 1.
    Played a lot better this week Weeden and gordon impressing on offense and as you said never try beat Joe haden you wont win.

was really pleased with defense this week held ran rice to 39yds.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints beat the Buccaneers 28-24 to push both teams to 1-1.

Another NFC South game in which offense was king, as the Saints went for 409 yards on offense and the Bucs 324. The game was probably won on the ground (152 yards for the Saints, 95 for the Bucs) and on 3rd downs, as the Saints went 5-6 (83%) and the Bucs 5-9 (55%).

From a personal point of view I still wasn't totally happy with my performance as I threw 2 silly INT's and was lucky another couple of times, which Empacher will feel he was unlucky not to have picked. I'm pleasantly surprised with Saints defense though, they're better than I thought they would be.

Cheers for the game Empacher, it was another close one with very little in it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Cowboys 20-23 Chiefs.

Perrin got the win here and I'm still not sure exactly how. It was an absolutely super game, and really even, as most of our games are. I took the lead with 30 seconds to go and got the Cheifs to 3rd and 10 after a dropped pick, and Dwayne Bowe despite being covered caught a pass as my CB watched, and rumbled for 53 yards to set up the game winner. I had chances to score earlier but threw 2 picks, 1 after being baited into a zone and the other as I pressed B instead of RB as the receiver I was looking at was wide open in the endzone, the ball went into double coverage. :(

Well played Perrin, I will get you back for that. ;)
    GG Mikey,so much happened within the game it really could have went either way just the luck fell on my side on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    GG Mikey,so much happened within the game it really could have went either way just the luck fell on my side on the day.

Yeah thinking about it again and it was actually the EXACT same situation as our Cup Final! Can't believe neither of us noticed that. Last time I made a ridiculous user catch to set up a game winning FG, this time Bowe broke off a big gain for it. Karma evened the Madden luck out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Chargers 38- 34 Eagles.

A pretty poor performance on by behalf, just got my first win by the skin of my teeth.

I'd only 48 rushing yards, 2 turnovers both in the red zone, my special teams play was terrible, and I had no interceptions or fumbles. Imagine that, Chargers secondary with no interceptions :rolleyes:

Got down to the 4th quarter, on the 25 yard line with 20 seconds left, Eagles winning 34-31. Thought about just taking the run and then hitting a 41 yard field goal to bring it into OT. Then I said to hell with it, I'll throw a quick corner route and get a bit closer. 24 yard TD with Floyd.

Really need to start playing more games at this difficulty level.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Too tired to write a review. But crazy game in Chicago. Ended up 45-42 to myself with Forte having 284 rushing yards and 72 receiving yards. Ponder had a perfect QB rating while Cutler had a QB rating of 131.5. Both of us had kick offs returned for TDs and long long returns in general.

Good game Nelbert, we always seem to have absolute shoot-outs. Only three stops in the whole game I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Raoul wrote: »
    Too tired to write a review. But crazy game in Chicago. Ended up 45-42 to myself with Forte having 284 rushing yards and 72 receiving yards. Ponder had a perfect QB rating while Cutler had a QB rating of 131.5. Both of us had kick offs returned for TDs and long long returns in general.

Good game Nelbert, we always seem to have absolute shoot-outs. Only three stops in the whole game I think?

Ponder had one bad pass that sailed long on Patterson. Apart from that he was fairly clinical when called upon.

I think Forte fell forward for about 100 of those yards (getting first downs as he did). What was the story with the clock?

My return seemed a bit glitchy, he just emerged from a crowd and took it home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Nelbert wrote: »
    Ponder had one bad pass that sailed long on Patterson. Apart from that he was fairly clinical when called upon.

I think Forte fell forward for about 100 of those yards (getting first downs as he did). What was the story with the clock?

My return seemed a bit glitchy, he just emerged from a crowd and took it home.

Why? What was wrong with the clock?

Yeah your return was a bit weird, he seemed to glitch through one of the tackles.

Forte was a monster, the new Peyton Hillis. Tackle him and he falls forward about 4 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Raoul wrote: »
    Why? What was wrong with the clock?

Yeah your return was a bit weird, he seemed to glitch through one of the tackles.

Forte was a monster, the new Peyton Hillis. Tackle him and he falls forward about 4 yards.

I don't think it was running off. Made our game miles better though!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Jets get by the Pats 27-17. Tight game throughout. Jets lost outstanding HB Goodson for 8 weeks with a shoulder injury and also TE Winslow for 6. Will be a real struggle without those two for the Jets.

Danny and Gronk had stormers for the Pats. Brady had 2 TD's and a pick. Geno was outstanding for the Jets with 2 TD and on an option play took it 54yds to the house.

Good chatting Guns4All, revenge for my week 1 fantasy defeat by your boys. Good luck for your season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Jets get by the Pats 27-17. Tight game throughout. Jets lost outstanding HB Goodson for 8 weeks with a shoulder injury and also TE Winslow for 6. Will be a real struggle without those two for the Jets.

Danny and Gronk had stormers for the Pats. Brady had 2 TD's and a pick. Geno was outstanding for the Jets with 2 TD and on an option play took it 54yds to the house.

Good chatting Guns4All, revenge for my week 1 fantasy defeat by your boys. Good luck for your season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Colts lose to the Dolphins 27-24, Luck was back to his best throwing 3 Interceptions, while my Defense could'nt catch any, dropped at least 4 uncontested which killed off any hope i had, nearly snatched OT but i ran out of clock near the end.

well played Gilberto.

Dolphins 27-24 Colts

Managed to go 2-0 with a much closer game this time around.

I was 14 down in no time and I thought I was heading for a hiding but managed to get in at the break(I think) 17-14 with a late FG.

Took a 27-17 lead into the last few minutes but was stopped 4th and 1 and had to punt which lead to a TD on the next drive. With 1:30 or so left I recovered the onside kick.
    But again I couldn't get a 1st down and had a 4th and 1 with 20seconds left which I left short on the FG(was just about in range but it needed max power which is hard with the online lag).

Schmarky drove all the way to the 15-20 but couldn't run no huddle quick enough and I saw it out by 3.

I probably should have went for the 4th and 1 near the end but wasn't sure would it be viewed in bad taste.
    But one yard and I win, while the FG miss left the turnover at the same mark anyway and nearly cost me the win/sent it to OT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Dolphins 27-24 Colts

Managed to go 2-0 with a much closer game this time around.

I was 14 down in no time and I thought I was heading for a hiding but managed to get in at the break(I think) 17-14 with a late FG.

Took a 27-17 lead into the last few minutes but was stopped 4th and 1 and had to punt which lead to a TD on the next drive. With 1:30 or so left I recovered the onside kick.
    But again I couldn't get a 1st down and had a 4th and 1 with 20seconds left which I left short on the FG(was just about in range but it needed max power which is hard with the online lag).

Schmarky drove all the way to the 15-20 but couldn't run no huddle quick enough and I saw it out by 3.

I probably should have went for the 4th and 1 near the end but wasn't sure would it be viewed in bad taste.
    But one yard and I win, while the FG miss left the turnover at the same mark anyway and nearly cost me the win/sent it to OT.

No im not like that, if you had told me i'd have been grand about it.............maybe ;).

Advertisement