Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 2 Results

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bengals beat the Steelers 28-6.

Big ben threw 6 picks and that was the main difference, every time the Steelers start to move the ball they turn it over. The Bengals took advantage of the turnovers to take a commanding half time lead.

After a scare on a Dalton injury, the Bengals reverted to a run game and mixed in a few different HB's.

Thanks for the game, I'm sure it will be closer in the return game.

No im not like that, if you had told me i'd have been grand about it.............maybe ;).

It did seem silly going for the FG/Punting considering what was left and where I was.

I need to improve on my 4th downs late in games, over reliance on the run to advance the clock and my HB's aren't great.

Out of curiosity, would you have punted/FG'd that kick at the end if the roles were reversed?, just wondering what the general player does in the league here.
    Don't want to go against the grain, but also don't want to lose games trying to be the good guy :D

Have to say you were unlucky to run out of time, probably 2/3 seconds off spiking the ball. I was glad to be on the other end of it for a change though as it's happened to me so many times against the AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

It did seem silly going for the FG/Punting considering what was left and where I was.

I need to improve on my 4th downs late in games, over reliance on the run to advance the clock and my HB's aren't great.

Out of curiosity, would you have punted/FG'd that kick at the end if the roles were reversed?, just wondering what the general player does in the league here.
    Don't want to go against the grain, but also don't want to lose games trying to be the good guy :D

Have to say you were unlucky to run out of time, probably 2/3 seconds off spiking the ball. I was glad to be on the other end of it for a change though as it's happened to me so many times against the AI.

If i was winning i'd have Punted or tried for the FG.

If i was winning i'd have Punted or tried for the FG.

Id have been happy to take the 3 if I was 4 up, but it still left the TD for the win though I suppose another 3 would have ruled out the FG for the draw.

I've practised with my FG kicker to find his max range and I was just inside it by 1, but you need to hit it full power to reach.
    So realistically the punt was the better option but it still gives enough time to run a few plays and I've no confidence in my game to get big stops which proved the case, was only helped by the clock.

Maybe it's the noob in me, but going for a HB dive for a yard and the win seems a safer option then trying to defend for a few plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Id have been happy to take the 3 if I was 4 up, but it still left the TD for the win though I suppose another 3 would have ruled out the FG for the draw.

I've practised with my FG kicker to find his max range and I was just inside it by 1, but you need to hit it full power to reach.
    So realistically the punt was the better option but it still gives enough time to run a few plays and I've no confidence in my game to get big stops which proved the case, was only helped by the clock.

Maybe it's the noob in me, but going for a HB dive for a yard and the win seems a safer option then trying to defend for a few plays.

Personally I'd have gone for it mate so it just depends on the preference of each individual coach. Your entitled to go for it if you want providing you let your opponent know via the mic or a message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,659 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I would've gone for the punt to be honest, and try and hit it out of bounds inside the ten. That way he has to try make it at least 60 yards or so for a FG, or the full 90 for a TD. You miss the FG or 4th down conversion and he starts off with good field position.

Thanks for the replies.

Ya the FG was a silly option since I'd need max power from 53 and it was 52.
    Just too much lag for kicks online.

Does the kick have to bounce out to put someone behind the 20?. He actually caught me with one and I had to make a big 1st to get back to my 20.

Living and learning still.
    Ironed out most of the dry ones against the AI in the weeks up to this(not using time outs right, running plays that take too long wth 7-10secs left etc) but still some stuff to figure out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Does not have to actually bounce, in fact its pretty difficult to do that and the returner probably won't let that happen. Best to kick it rugby style to
    cross the sideline while still in the air as near to the endline as possible.

Back to your FG attempt. 52 is well within most kickers and here is a little tip for you to make longer kicks. Push the stick forward so the ball sets off on a flatter trajectory, it will travel farther. Conversely on punts raise the stick to send the ball higher so that your coverage can get there on time, can be handy when you want to pin someone in the corner.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Does not have to actually bounce, in fact its pretty difficult to do that and the returner probably won't let that happen. Best to kick it rugby style to
    cross the sideline while still in the air as near to the endline as possible.

Back to your FG attempt. 52 is well within most kickers and here is a little tip for you to make longer kicks. Push the stick forward so the ball sets off on a flatter trajectory, it will travel farther. Conversely on punts raise the stick to send the ball higher so that your coverage can get there on time, can be handy when you want to pin someone in the corner.

Thanks I'll try that next time.

As for the FG's, with my current kicker I can make 53 with the normal trajectory but needing every bit of power.
    I'll go back to the practice again and try the new angles though I guess it may still be an issue in a laggy game which is what at least 50% of mine have been to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Thanks I'll try that next time.

As for the FG's, with my current kicker I can make 53 with the normal trajectory but needing every bit of power.
    I'll go back to the practice again and try the new angles though I guess it may still be an issue in a laggy game which is what at least 50% of mine have been to date.

i didnt notice much lag in the game last night, there was a little near the end but that was about it, as for the punt i actually meant to keep it in play, also just be wary how far you drop your QB back, you caught me out a couple of times on 3rd downs in the 1st half.

• Advertisement
Advertisement