Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to factory restore, having some problems.

Options
  • 27-09-2013 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I want to factory reset my pc; no viruses or anything, because I want to start over, rather than deleting everything I don't want and fixing broken stuff which is really pissing me off.

I should mention I have a Sony Vaio laptop, model number SVE151D11M

No where on the sony website does it mention a start up code to go into the recovery wizard. I have to do it through Vaio care, and that requires me to create recovery media on discs, I don't have any discs and I can't use my external hard drive.

Tried to do the windows way, going to advanced recovery methods and trying my luck, hoping for ''restore to factory condition'', however I got ''reinstall windows (requires windows installation disc)'', that's long gone by this stage.

Any other way I can do it?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

I'm sure you have been reminded to create your recovery disks when you started your laptop the first time. If you haven't you'll need to contact SONY customer service and they will provide the disks (for a fee, of course).

Alternatively, find you license key and/or backup the Windows activation. Then get a Windows installation DVD matching your edition (e.g. Windows 7 Home Premium OEM) and install the operating system from scratch. You can download the device drivers from SONY's support website. If you don't have internet access on another computer make sure you have at least the network driver ready.

Advertisement