Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Unless they start giving x2 or even x3 points for teamwork this game is going down the pan.....there is no incentive to play it like it should be played.
    of course there is. played 4 people together last night and we owned every single game, when we're not particularly good on our own

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Just getting round to giving this a proper go now, playing on that Irish server someone mentioned previously in the thread, good craic :) Pre-ordered.

Name is Oddyo if anyone else is around btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I really hope BF4 gets its act together. Im very disappointed in it so far. It just feels slow compared to BF3. Its hard for me to compare too much though as I hate softcore mode, I never played it in BF3 at all. So playing softcore with all the HUD, auto health, orange blobs on the map etc just seems like a kids game. The red death cam thing is criminal in my mind.

We are praying its going to be good, because after many hours playing it, everyone was feeling "meh" after the initial "wow" of the graphics. We then went and played some Operation Metro and the game felt sooooooo much better.

Hardcore is the kids game let's be honest, I'm a fan of both modes but softcore is definitely the harder one, if it feels slow, change your sensitivity, its not the game itself I don't think cause I put mine up and it feels fine.

The graphics I don't care about (if you're on console) as the console is limited in what it can do so I don't expect much of an improvement on bf3 gfx wise.

I'd agree about the red player cam though, seems silly to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Unless they start giving x2 or even x3 points for teamwork this game is going down the pan.....there is no incentive to play it like it should be played. I mean if people cannot play a BF game correctly now then forget about it. Countless times I am in a tank with a gunner we get hit, I jump out to fix (being the main driver) and the other fu.c.k tard drives off!!!!

Still running around after support for ammo and they have no clue what I am shouting for....so frustrating.

I have experienced situations like this myself & it's in every game. There are always going to be absolute morans playing. But I have found the squad/team work to be excellent in this.In fairness, I do spend most of the time in squad with my mates on TS but the occasional time i'm on my own the squad seems to work together. There are plenty of incentives to play as a squad with various point bonuses going for squad actions

Don't forget there is VOIP in the game now so you can tell the morans what to do :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Unless they start giving x2 or even x3 points for teamwork this game is going down the pan.....there is no incentive to play it like it should be played. I mean if people cannot play a BF game correctly now then forget about it. Countless times I am in a tank with a gunner we get hit, I jump out to fix (being the main driver) and the other fu.c.k tard drives off!!!!

Still running around after support for ammo and they have no clue what I am shouting for....so frustrating.

Not to sound patronising but you need to play as part of a team of people you know IMO, at least on console servers as there is so few people, I rarely ever lone wolf on bf3 unless its metro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Running about as support I don't hear many people shouting "I need ammo". Its possible there's a bug where you don't hear those requests. I do occasionaly see them appear in the chat box though. I mostly end up giving it to the guy jumping up and down in front of me like he really needs to find the mens room.

Plus a lot of people probably haven't unlocked the ammo box yet. The packs are a waste of time. I usually just pick up the weapon of the last person I killed when I run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    of course there is. played 4 people together last night and we owned every single game, when we're not particularly good on our own

In a round about way that actually makes his point stronger in that the squads are so out of sync that a squad (just the one squad) working together (like your squad) can dominate a whole game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

mozattack wrote: »
    In a round about way that actually makes his point stronger in that the squads are so out of sync that a squad (just the one squad) working together (like your squad) can dominate a whole game!

and this is what they emphasize the whole time - team play, innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Played for ab out 4 hours there. Its getting better but that is purely because I happened to get into two squads with people who knew what to do.

Still not getting any bit of ammo but that will change. There is bound to be an amount of just run and shoot.

In saying all that. It is a shockin bad beta compared to the last one. The graphics all over the shop. Lots of bugs and optimization that even bf3 had are shockin bad. Its good tho. No matter how much I am not too keen on the map I cannot get enough of jumping off the sky scraper. its ****!n awesome!!!

Using the gaellords ts if anyone around tomorrow. thanks ktulu :)

Good stuff, sorry haven't been on. Been stuck editing the last few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Played a few games of Obliteration, its lots of fun, works really well on this map.

Played about 7 games there with the lads, we have two squads+ & have won every game & been responsible for every bomb plant. Teamwork is key :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Crash number 2 so far today, guess its to be expected, in Beta. Frustrating none the less.

Fenix wrote: »
    Crash number 2 so far today, guess its to be expected, in Beta. Frustrating none the less.

No joke i've had about 300 crashes :P My internet does not like it, it seems when my LG WiFi TV is on downstairs, Battlefield loses connection all the time haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I was in a game with you today saw you take on two guys I tried to help but arrived just too late :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Hardcore is the kids game let's be honest, I'm a fan of both modes but softcore is definitely the harder one, if it feels slow, change your sensitivity, its not the game itself I don't think cause I put mine up and it feels fine.

The graphics I don't care about (if you're on console) as the console is limited in what it can do so I don't expect much of an improvement on bf3 gfx wise.

I'd agree about the red player cam though, seems silly to me.

Well maybe you are right, softcore can be more difficult purely because the enemy can see you all the time more or less. I know Battlefield is hardly a simulator, but I like to try and play it in a way that rewards tactics, rather than just gunning everything down. In softcore using smoke is virtually pointless and not having friendly fire on is dumb. Ive went on a few softcore servers, especially on Metro, all I was faced with was the enemy camped out at the choke points with heavy machine guns on bipods spraying constantly and being nade spammed throughout. It was a horrific experience. It was very tough to try and sneak through by crawling through the smoke as often you would show up on the minimap just because an enemy glanced in your general direction, regardless if he could physically see you due to the smoke.

Hardcore IMO is way better and affords many more discrete tactics, giving much more depth to the game.

With regards to how slow it is, I dont really know what youre saying to me, but the game is slow. It plays slow. The physical speed that the player moves on the map is much slower. I play on PC and have decent hardware, its not that, its just the game itself.

For some reason I feel like Im playing a childs game, its hard to put into words what it feels like, but it just doesnt feel like Im entirely in control. As soon as I go back to BF3 I feel much more connected to the game, whereas in BF4 it feels simulated.

Ive no idea what its like on consoles, I wouldnt ever play any FPS on them, they are horrific for all FPS games in comparison to the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Anyone else not seeing the big deal with BF4?

I have owned and played every single battlefield game, and have enjoyed them all.

I stopped playing bf3 a few months ago so I would hit bf4 a bit fresh and get the full enjoyment out of it ........... to be honest it really feels like bf3.1 , it feels a bit slower than bf3

I appreciate the improved gun sounds, the gun play seems a little better. Vehicles seem a little clunky at the moment. But to me its just an update to bf3 no real innovation or change.

For the first time I can say I wont be getting this on launch day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Anyone else not seeing the big deal with BF4?

I have owned and played every single battlefield game, and have enjoyed them all.

I stopped playing bf3 a few months ago so I would hit bf4 a bit fresh and get the full enjoyment out of it ........... to be honest it really feels like bf3.1 , it feels a bit slower than bf3

I appreciate the improved gun sounds, the gun play seems a little better. Vehicles seem a little clunky at the moment. But to me its just an update to bf3 no real innovation or change.

For the first time I can say I wont be getting this on launch day.

I'm exactly the same. I can appreciate some of the improvements, but BF4 just isn't exciting to me at all. Can't see myself picking it up at all, it's not as much of a dramatic change from BF3 as I would have liked.I got burned out playing BF3, so for me to pick up BF4, it would have , had to be a fair change.

Quick question for the lads that are not liking the game. Do you play on your own or communicate with mates in a teamspeak etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Played about 7 games there with the lads, we have two squads+ & have won every game & been responsible for every bomb plant. Teamwork is key :)

Yeah was good fun, that last game was pretty close though!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

I also have played BF for years, and this game is not doing it for me at all!...

Its seems like a spawn of MoH/BFBC2....and it just don`t play right, and does not feel like BF!

I play with friends and have for years and were all in the same thinking that this game does not stand up and we`ll all be giving it a miss!....

BF i think not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Quick question for the lads that are not liking the game. Do you play on your own or communicate with mates in a teamspeak etc?

I usually play BF3 with a group of mates, but it's gone stale for me. Way I look at it, it's not a massive problem with the game, it's just I'm bored of it at this stage. Played BF3 too much, so BF4 just not doing anything for me. Maybe a long break away from it will respark some interest in it, but at the moment, there's too many other games out there that I genuinely get excited about playing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've only played a few random games as I was getting the black screen of death bug. (reinstalling punkbuster fixed it btw) The best games I've had in any BF game is when playing with the all lads from here. There's always a bit of banter and much more teamplay. You also have a greater idea of what's going on across the game. That has pretty much dried up now so BF3 is also tiresome.

My problems with the beta are mostly down to me being utterly useless and technical issues pissing me off. I'll probably still get it at some stage. Other annoyances are minor and fixable. Fortunately you can shrink the massive hud elements for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Literally just trying out battlefield for the PC for the first time, any tips for a console noob to get used to the mouse and keyboard?

Literally just trying out battlefield for the PC for the first time, any tips for a console noob to get used to the mouse and keyboard?

Just give it time. After a while it'll be second nature. Have a look at games like Quake (even Quake Live) for a proper fast and vertical mouse and keyboard experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Yeah, experience is key and all that.

Have to say, it's quite a change to go from being top of the leaderboards a lot of the time and max rank on PS3 in BF3 to being right near the bottom. Still the only way is up!

Only thing that will help is practice.

I was playing Bad Company 2 on my PS3 for a long time, then finally moved to Ireland and built myself a gaming rig. It took a good few games until I got to grips with using mouse and keyboard again, despite the fact Id spent several thousand hours playing FPS games on PC a few years earlier. I went and had a shot of BC2 on my ps3 some time later, OMG it looked a mess and it was soooo slow to turn the player around. Just awful, controllers always will be awful, there is way too much compromise.

A decent mouse helped me and a mechanical keyboard is a joy to use!

Yeah, experience is key and all that.

Have to say, it's quite a change to go from being top of the leaderboards a lot of the time and max rank on PS3 in BF3 to being right near the bottom. Still the only way is up!

Once you get your KD up a bit, if you want to play hardcore jump onto our teamspeak channel and have a chat. We are a hardcore only clan, most Ive met on boards only play softcore mode, so it might not be for you.

www.deltastriketeam.com

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

BF3 was a ****ing brilliant game, it just completely blew bad company 2 out of the water. I mean jumping off that cliff for the first time on Damavand peak or even just watching the tiles blow off the wall in Metro under heavy fire, awesome game, it's not surprising expectations are so high for this game.
    Some are calling it BF 3.5 and i'd go along with that, my expectations are back down to earth and I'm enjoying a what, 6 month old beta? I'm gonna savour it, try out all the guns, all the different modes. The first week is always the best, everyone discovering everything, anyway even if i get bored, i've ordered all the packs, oh and play with mates it's a thousand times better

• Advertisement

Okay, had some fun there cooking some roof campers with the XM-25.:)

I still have that horrible feeling that I'm pumping guys full of ammo and they seem to just turn around one shot kill me. I know it's a combination of my terrible aim and suppression and all, it's just frustrating. :mad:

Advertisement