Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Maby hard line will be pushed to next November ?

Can't see that happening if it conflicts with Battlefronts release..

They most probably will just do the once-over on 6-8 BF2/BC2 maps and release them to hold us over to Hardlines launch. Hopefully they give a discount on HL to BF4 premium holders to shift the player base over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

mozattack wrote: »
    Clearly the best Saying Nothing announcement in history.

Funny how the BF community are seen as different but when push comes to shove the most popular maps being requested are BF3 maps, even though we have 4 already, with Canals TDM, Ziba, Grand Bazaar being requested. Yes CQ COD like maps.

Ridiculous

Ziba tower is a pure clusterfuck of a map and absolutely great fun because of it

Dayum wrote: »
    I don't know how they're going to run all this extra content whilst trying to maintain and emphasis Hardline sales?! Less people are going to buy Hardline now knowing BF4 still has life left in it apparently...

It just doesn't make sense?! Surely, a better proposal from a financial perspective would of been to release Hardline as a fully fledged expansion pack for BF4 costing 30 quid or something?!

Now they're going to end up splitting the community next year and further fracturing it when Battlefront comes out?! What a balls they've made of this....

My genuine opinion and going by the Battlelog forums is that despite the head of EA saying BF4 didnt damage the franchises reputation it has near killed all interest in Hardline.

They are probably better to release Hardline take the hit and try keep the core of still active BF4 players happy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

My genuine opinion and going by the Battlelog forums is that despite the head of EA saying BF4 didnt damage the franchises reputation it has near killed all interest in Hardline.

They are probably better to release Hardline take the hit and try keep the core of still active BF4 players happy

The people who post on battlelog forums are a hysterical bunch at the best of times.

Most long term fans of the Battlefield franchise will take Hardline on it's own merits and not on some grudge they have because of bugs in BF4 at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Akrasia wrote: »
    The people who post on battlelog forums are a hysterical bunch at the best of times.

Most long term fans of the Battlefield franchise will take Hardline on it's own merits and not on some grudge they have because of bugs in BF4 at launch.

but how many will buy it blindly like so many did with 4, i cant see their first week sales being great

• Advertisement

I've been playing since BF 1942 and have thousands of hours sunk into the franchise but I wont pick up Hardline.

BF4 was the first BF game I stopped playing for some 8 months and have only now returned to it seeing as its working nearly the way it should. A massive fan , but can only take so much lies / paches from EA / DICE and that has damaged their reputation badly in my eyes.

I know I'm not alone in that thought process either.

I've been playing since BF 1942 and have thousands of hours sunk into the franchise but I wont pick up Hardline.

BF4 was the first BF game I stopped playing for some 8 months and have only now returned to it seeing as its working nearly the way it should. A massive fan , but can only take so much lies / paches from EA / DICE and that has damaged their reputation badly in my eyes.

So when it comes to Hardline it wont be picked up because I'm not interested in Cops and Robbers and more importantly I have every reason to believe that Hardline will be a bug riddled mess like BF4 was. Fool me once and all that

So when it comes to Hardline it wont be picked up because I'm not interested in Cops and Robbers and more importantly I have every reason to believe that Hardline will be a bug riddled mess like BF4 was. Fool me once and all that

nice edit ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

The BF3 maps are "winning" apparently....

Shame really. It's the easiest case for DICE too because it's a copy/paste job. If it was BF2/2142/1942/BC2 they'd really have to put a bit of effort in but hell, the reason BF3 is winning is because a lot of the player base now only entered the series in 2011. It's all they know...

People have the opportunity to see old classics re-imagined and they choose a copy/paste job from only three years ago?! If you want to play BF3 maps...then play BF3!

• Advertisement

Mob have spoken I guess.

Is there anywhere you can see the results of map votes so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I only played from Bad Company 2 onwards and to be honest I can't remember the names of those maps so I wouldn't know what to vote for pre BF3.
    Great news about the DLC regardless of what maps they may be and I really hope this brings players back or new people in to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I voted for several 2142 maps but I'm not that familiar with BF2 so I left that for the veterans to decide. I didn't vote for any Bad Company 2 maps because they were mostly tube maps with little room for flanking or changes in play style (designed for the limited resources in last gen consoles imo). I also voted for BF3 maps: Seine Crossing (CQ large and rush), Grand bazaar (CQ Large and Rush), nosehair canals (TDM), epicentre (infantry only) and Damavand Peak (CQ large and Rush).

I would like gun master to return so I was tempted to vote for some of the close quarter maps but didn't want to end up with a close quarter Domination mode map pack.

I'd like if they did a 1942 map a bf2 map a 2142 map and a bc2 map !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Anyone with a link to the voting page. Poxy work pc is well locked down by IT.

hallo dare wrote: »

There you go

https://sv.surveymonkey.com/s/VMRMP3X

hallo dare wrote: »

https : //sv.surveymonkey.com/s/VMRMP3X

I can't post links because im a noob but just delete the spaces from that address i posted and your good to go

I voted for every map, take that statisticians!

Imagine a master chief collection type battlefield where every map ever made is in the game !

All you did was cause a few outliers in the data set ><

• Advertisement

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Imagine a master chief collection type battlefield where every map ever made is in the game !

All you did was cause a few outliers in the data set ><

Not if I voted 20,000 times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I voted for none which had the same impact :)

On a more serious note, Having too many maps and modes in one game doesn't really make sense.

It spreads the player population out too thin so you end up only ever really playing the most popular maps and modes because the niche maps are never full

Try and find a server playing carrier assault on the xbox 360 and you'll be lucky if you find one even a quarter full most of the time.

On a more serious note, Having too many maps and modes in one game doesn't really make sense.

It spreads the player population out too thin so you end up only ever really playing the most popular maps and modes because the niche maps are never full

Try and find a server playing carrier assault on the xbox 360 and you'll be lucky if you find one even a quarter full most of the time.

yeah but the option is there

if they put back in tank commander id be all over it

I voted for none which had the same impact :)

i lol'd because of your user name

you grumpy bast tuuuurd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Shame really. It's the easiest case for DICE too because it's a copy/paste job. If it was BF2/2142/1942/BC2 they'd really have to put a bit of effort in but hell, the reason BF3 is winning is because a lot of the player base now only entered the series in 2011. It's all they know...

People have the opportunity to see old classics re-imagined and they choose a copy/paste job from only three years ago?! If you want to play BF3 maps...then play BF3!

Well said.

No surprise BF3 maps are winning and DICE probably knew that. The Ziba tower living M16 heavy barrel kobra sights braindead gamer will get their way whereas the purist, and less vocal, lose out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Well said.

No surprise BF3 maps are winning and DICE probably knew that. The Ziba tower living M16 heavy barrel kobra sights braindead gamer will get their way whereas the purist, and less vocal, lose out

mozattack wrote: »
    Well said.

Over 2,500 hrs in Battlefield and I love Ziba with MP5K and C4 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Over 2,500 hrs in Battlefield and I love Ziba with MP5K and C4 :)

That statement alone , I know who you are ;)

Advertisement