Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

That statement alone , I know who you are ;)

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I loved Ziba Tower, but i also loved the bigger ones too. No harm in variety. There are few maps with only close quarter gameplay..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

mozattack wrote: »
    Well said.

No surprise BF3 maps are winning and DICE probably knew that. The Ziba tower living M16 heavy barrel kobra sights braindead gamer will get their way whereas the purist, and less vocal, lose out

Low blows again to the M16 boys, will you leave us alone :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

miralize wrote: »
    I loved Ziba Tower, but i also loved the bigger ones too. No harm in variety. There are few maps with only close quarter gameplay..

Same as myself. I use to love pitched battles on Ziba with trying to hold / dislodge players on the balcony or in the room under the stairs by A dom flag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

An opportunity to see 2142 or Bad Company 2 maps in the Frostbite engine and people are selecting BF3 maps?!

Give me strength.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Dayum wrote: »
    An opportunity to see 2142 or Bad Company 2 maps in the Frostbite engine and people are selecting BF3 maps?!

Give me strength.

BF3 was my first Battlefield game. What do you expect me to do? Vote on maps that have cool names?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

BF3 was my first Battlefield game. What do you expect me to do? Vote on maps that have cool names?

I voted for other one's and BF3 was my first BF game!

I did watch my mate play a lot of it before I did though....

I'm not saying you're wrong in doing it as everyone is entitled to their own opinions on maps but from my perspective - if BF3 was my first Battlefield then I'd be eager to see how the Bad Company 2 or 2142 maps were like....I wouldn't want to vote for the same maps I've played before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Not Vote. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Not Vote. ;)

bf3 is winning :(

they should have prefaced the ting with this:

1) In what battlefield game did you first start playing?

2) If multiple (more than BF4), then which Battlefield was your favorite ?

3) Are you excited about a potential DLC that includes past nostalgic maps ?

4) Which gaming system do you primarily use?
    a. PC
    b. PS4
    c. PS3
    d. Xbox One
    e. Xbox 360

and i hope that they spread out the maps like one from each game maby ?

• Advertisement

fergus1001 wrote: »
    bf3 is winning :(

they should have prefaced the ting with this:

1) In what battlefield game did you first start playing?

2) If multiple (more than BF4), then which Battlefield was your favorite ?

3) Are you excited about a potential DLC that includes past nostalgic maps ?

4) Which gaming system do you primarily use?
    a. PC
    b. PS4
    c. PS3
    d. Xbox One
    e. Xbox 360

and i hope that they spread out the maps like one from each game maby ?

I wouldn't mind BF3 maps if we got 2 DLC's before Hardline in March.

If we got a 1942 map, a 2142 map, a Bad Company 2 map and a BF2 map in one DLC I'd accept Damavand Peak, Seine Crossing, Grand Bazaar and N. Canals...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Wake Island anyone :D

Now a map for Battle Royale in Arma3...

For the phantom bow i found a glitch where if you spawn as an engineer with an eod go to the elevator stand in the elevator while using the eod then wait for the empty lift to come back up then exit the eod you don't die and you get the bow

You need all assignment s done
    just means you don't need to find thone dog tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

For those with 3 or less BF titles, their votes should be disregarded. That includes me BTW.

It is like a judge on Masterchef judging the best meal when having only tasted a fraction

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SuperNova1890

mozattack wrote: »
    For those with 3 or less BF titles, their votes should be disregarded. That includes me BTW.

It is like a judge on Masterchef judging the best meal when having only tasted a fraction

I have only played BF4 and just went on and voted for a load of random maps besides BF3 maps... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

I agree and would like to see a redesign of a map I am not familiar with from the early games.

But..

They are looking for the maps that will please the majority of Battlefield players. Simple as. Doesnt matter if they are BF vets, noobs, casuals or pros. They want to appease the masses and this is the only way. If the new wave of players are of the majority and that is what they demand... the mob will speak.

Hopefully the powers that be actually listen and not just develop a map that suits them.

Still not sure if they actually listened to everyone for the last time... No Nosahahr? Unexpected..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just a bit of a bargain alert for anyone interested

BF4 premium edition (full game and all dlc) is on sale on xbox one this week for €30

A lot of people here could have done with watching this video before voting on BF3 maps last week.... :(

A lot of people here could have done with watching this video before voting on BF3 maps last week.... :(

He makes a lot of sense the view distances did make a difference in bf2 like gulf of Oman where half you team spent the match sniping between the boats and buildings in bf3 the sand storm stopped that and I would like to see it in some more maps to stop sniper campers

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭HomeBoyDeluxe

Quick question.... (I am sure its been asked many times before!) I am very tempted to download the premium ed. for €27 in PS store. I was quite disappointing in Advanced Warfare, and have not got into it like the other COD games (which I loved). Does it take long to get into the game?, there seems to be a lot more strategy involved. I have found with some of the COD games if you buy a few months after it is released, one tends to get their ass kicked a lot at first!. I will only be playing multi-player.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is it your first time playing battlefield?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

BF4 works quite well on PS4 after the last patch according to friends of mine that have it. 27 quid for the premium edition is an absolute bargain, especially since CTE is coming to console now - don't think, buy it now would be my advice !

Quick question.... (I am sure its been asked many times before!) I am very tempted to download the premium ed. for €27 in PS store. I was quite disappointing in Advanced Warfare, and have not got into it like the other COD games (which I loved). Does it take long to get into the game?, there seems to be a lot more strategy involved. I have found with some of the COD games if you buy a few months after it is released, one tends to get their ass kicked a lot at first!. I will only be playing multi-player.

Thanks.

Battlefield is very different to COD.

It has a more mature audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

In general it's a more complex game involving strategy and teamwork, but if you wanna just run and gun you'll find plenty of places to do that too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Once you dont go on to the battlelog forums ;)

Akrasia wrote: »
    In general it's a more complex game involving strategy and teamwork, but if you wanna just run and gun you'll find plenty of places to do that too

Absolutely. But it's far more difficult to run and gun than COD I find. If you're trying to be a lone wolf in BF...you'll die a hell of a lot and might even get frustrated. You rely on your team mates as opposed to COD's 6 Rambo's....

When a friend of mine jumped over to Battlefield after the mess that was MW3 he approached the game as he would a COD match and got his arse handed to him. After 2 hours he quit and said he hated it. So I think you need to change your whole attitude when going into a game like BF particularly if you've been playing the COD series for a significant time..

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭HomeBoyDeluxe

I think I played BF2 before, but that was probably quite a different game. Thanks for the reply's, I think I will go for it and download it! does look like a great game and advanced warfare is not for me!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I think I played BF2 before, but that was probably quite a different game. Thanks for the reply's, I think I will go for it and download it! does look like a great game and advanced warfare is not for me!.

I played CoD from MW to BO2. I played Ghosts at a friends place and realised that CoD just wasn't for me anymore.. I'm playing BF4 since April and I honestly couldn't recommend it enough. The sheer scale can seem daunting at first so maybe try a few dominations or team deathmatches first, the map sizes are similar to CoD maps. When you see the size of conquest maps you'll be amazed. And one of the biggest plusses, for me anyway, is no fúcking quickscopers.

Enjoy bud...

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

And remember to revive n resupply ! Easy points just for dropping ammo crates or med packs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Anybody else having issues seeing servers on pc?

:(

Advertisement