Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Yep just went to log on there and zip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

My PSN won't load up at all. I thought it had something to do with Sony releasing The Interview but if there's trouble on PC too maybe there's something else going on.. Kind of annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

GerB40 wrote: »
    My PSN won't load up at all. I thought it had something to do with Sony releasing The Interview but if there's trouble on PC too maybe there's something else going on.. Kind of annoying.

PSN & XBL are being DDoS'ed as promised a while back by a bunch of little kiddies with nothing better to do.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    PSN & XBL are being DDoS'ed as promised a while back by a bunch of little kiddies with nothing better to do.

Bastards. I'm not particularly tech savvy so I'm just wondering how long do these things usually last?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

GerB40 wrote: »
    Bastards. I'm not particularly tech savvy so I'm just wondering how long do these things usually last?

No longer than a day usually. Something like 4 - 6 hours usually, maybe bit longer.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    No longer than a day usually. Something like 4 - 6 hours usually, maybe bit longer.

I read on twitter (those lizard cúnts official page) that the DoS is officially down and the ongoing outage isn't them at all. Perhaps it's Sony trying to beef up security for future attacks, maybe even an actual hack. I literally don't know.

Anyone have any ideas what's goin on?

PS: I know lizard squad could be bullshítting about the DoS so this whole post might be totally irrelevant..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Terrifying stuff.....

saDxDh9.png
    dCziD7H.png
    Zifw5C6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Dayum wrote: »
    Terrifying stuff.....

saDxDh9.png
    dCziD7H.png
    Zifw5C6.jpg

685608127.png?186

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Are Dice still saying they can't port your progress across platforms? As in xbox360 - PS4

I'd love to get it for the PS4 but the absolute effort of having to unlock everything again.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Are Dice still saying they can't port your progress across platforms? As in xbox360 - PS4

I'd love to get it for the PS4 but the absolute effort of having to unlock everything again.

I started again on the ps3 using my sons profile . Such fun getting mvp medals at rank 1,2,,3 etc and trolling the rank 120+s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I thought I'd seen it all in bf4 but wtf....
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

AWESOME !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I lost my BF4 virginity last night lads, my mind is blown!
    I'd played COD the 360 online up until MW3 but this game on the PS4 is simply amazing. I can't wait to get stuck in again and start ranking up.
    Is there a Boards squad looking for noobs around here please?!

I lost my BF4 virginity last night lads, my mind is blown!
    I'd played COD the 360 online up until MW3 but this game on the PS4 is simply amazing. I can't wait to get stuck in again and start ranking up.
    Is there a Boards squad looking for noobs around here please?!

I was the same as you until last May. The difference in the two games is astonishing, and you're only starting now? All I'll say is you ain't seen nothing yet.

Just go over to the Battlefield 4 clans thread and hand in your application. I'm sure they'll be easy on you, they were for me. Mostly....

Yep, I had three games with my buddy last night, it was mental. I spent a good bit of time up on a hill watching the battle unfold below me. I tagged every enemy I saw and then after a while I jumped into the fight.
    I know I've a lot to learn but I'm gonna take my time and enjoy it. I picked up the game and the premium pack for €27 online, sweet.

Yep, I had three games with my buddy last night, it was mental. I spent a good bit of time up on a hill watching the battle unfold below me. I tagged every enemy I saw and then after a while I jumped into the fight.
    I know I've a lot to learn but I'm gonna take my time and enjoy it. I picked up the game and the premium pack for €27 online, sweet.

Jaysus you got some deal there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

If you're coming from COD...all I can say is...Welcome to the DARK SIDE....

I got three sets of tags online today by sneaking up on snipers!
    Damn near blew up four tanks on foot too, if only the C4 I'd thrown out wasn't actually medikits instead I'd have had them!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

The step up between the ps3 and ps4 versions is huge. Managed a few games over the last few days. Shooting is far far easier then bf3 which allows me to go on some pretty fun streaks. Looking forward to having some free time to get some squad play in. Sniper with a carbine, c4, and claymore does it for me. Tinkering with a few different setups for the other classes, but always going back to my sniper load out. Too much fun to be had!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

The step up between the ps3 and ps4 versions is huge. Managed a few games over the last few days. Shooting is far far easier then bf3 which allows me to go on some pretty fun streaks. Looking forward to having some free time to get some squad play in. Sniper with a carbine, c4, and claymore does it for me. Tinkering with a few different setups for the other classes, but always going back to my sniper load out. Too much fun to be had!

That's probably because of the rubber banding issue, I had to play bf3 at 540p, or whatever it was, to make the shooting normal.

Bf4 has been a lot easier since christmas with all the new players, I was MVP 6 games in a row playing rush yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Dayum wrote: »
    If you're coming from COD...all I can say is...Welcome to the DARK SIDE....

Them battle feels though....

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

First time playing battlefield since before the September patch, and I'm pleased to note they've left the death behind corners, 1 hit kills, kill trades and poor to abysmal hit reg alone and focused on fixing the important things !
    Like that thing they fixed, you know...the thing.

Still a fun game to mess about in now and again, but I'm really disappointed by just how much worse the current vanilla version is when compared to the CTE version just prior to the patch.

I had a 43-0 streak in a AA on Zavod earlier.

Wasn't even hiding it away and getting choppers but while attacking from the A/B side I brought it up as far as the outside of C and was just picking off loads of C4 hunters and anyone coming across that left hand side.

I often get good scores with the AA using it as an infantry hunter but that was some streak for not hiding it near the base and taking the odd flag.

I have to say I still love this game.

It's defo been my favourite game since I got the XB1 on launch.

I've put in 487 hours so far which is by far and away my longest of any BF and I play it alone which makes it more astonishing.

There's really only two things that bug me about the game after all this time:

*Snipers can be a bit of a pain.
    The only class I avoid entirely, if they took the C4 off them it would put them more in line though.
    *The jets slowing to a near stop and taking you out in a Helicopter, they need to make the jets unable to stop in the air.

My only regret with BF4 is that I didn't get Premium as I've ended up buying two of the DLC's for E15 and paid E10 for a Dragons Pass code.
    I really didn't think I'd last playing it past 6/7/8 months until the DLC's were even out.

Looking forward for what Hardline might offer... certainly sounds like it may not have BF style Snipers from the bits I've read :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

I had a 43-0 streak in a AA on Zavod earlier.

I often get good scores with the AA using it as an infantry hunter but that was some streak for not hiding it near the base and taking the odd flag.

It's easy enough to rack up flawless rounds in the AA especially on Zavod once the trees are cleared down to give you clean line of sight.

I use AA to hunt infantry first and second to hassle vehicles / keep aircraft down / far away

*Snipers can be a bit of a pain.
    The only class I avoid entirely, if they took the C4 off them it would put them more in line though.

Snipers are grand, less people to worry about on the other side when your capping flags. Recons though are different altogether and without C4 it would be a completely useless class.

As a C4 recon whore myself I always say, if your in a vehicle and you allow me get close enough to stick C4 on you then my boom time is well deserved :) It's alot harder to get up close and stick on C4 than it is to spam rockets from behind a rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I'm a terrible sniper but I often play recon with the PLD accessory and a DMR.

I only ever play on hardcore so I don't get the benefit of others spotting for me (other than the audio 'enemy in your area' spots

The PLD makes locating enemies much easier, especially other snipers so you can get into a position and take them out. it's also useful for checking out a flag to see if there are defenders there before you run in to cap it.

On some maps where there are weather effects or lots of environmental cover, the PLD makes a big difference in identifying hiding enemies and gives me an extra second or two to line them up in my sights to take them out.

And there's the additional benefit that it can laser target vehicles which works really well when you're in a good squad and there are others prepared to take them out, but it's a useful tactic to get armour to move out of your area of operations because nobody likes to hear those alarms going off.

Fixed soflams are basically worthless in BF4 now that the enemy can see which direction they're being targetted from, they rarely last more than a minute or two before they get destroyed but the PLD is a good tactical option

It's easy enough to rack up flawless rounds in the AA especially on Zavod once the trees are cleared down to give you clean line of sight.

I use AA to hunt infantry first and second to hassle vehicles / keep aircraft down / far away

I wouldn't say its easy to go near 43-0, That was an MVP round which are hard to come by.

I agree a good AA round is easy to come by but that entails hanging near your base to use it as protection
    Defending F + E on that map you can clear the trees and pick off a lot of infantry while keeping the base close by.
    The difference in that round was I had it up as far as C/D but still managed to survive a good 10 minutes... I wasn't using the edge of the map or base as cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Funniest thing I did in the last week was on op white out I got the hover tank and put c4 on it then abandoned it and watched as a few people ran for it then blew it when they dared enter mwuhahahaha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

I wouldn't say its easy to go near 43-0, That was an MVP round which are hard to come by.

I've done alot higher in the AA it's like shooting fish in a barrel :)

Now 43-0 as infantry thats serious going.

Though any MVP round is a good one, I only get MVP like 1 in every 10 games.

The difference in that round was I had it up as far as C/D but still managed to survive a good 10 minutes... I wasn't using the edge of the map or base as cover.

I'm no trying to put you down but if you were up as far as C/D and lasted 10 mins in a light armored vehicle then the other team were obviously a bit kack to say the least.

I've 100 AA stars and I wouldn't last that long in the AA up in the mix of it against semi decent / coordinated team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I do love using the AA to mow down soldiers.

Always find it funny though when I'm in a tank and the AA has a go.. May as well be throwing stones at the tank.

Advertisement