Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The Red wrote: »
    Nevermind that banter. I live with my wife and two kids and I play every night. Takes planning and thought but can be done. I do play on PC however and I also work on my PC at night on "projects" so..

Get a PC.

;)

ahahaha I've been doing the same thing! Promised my bird I'd make her an internet radio out of a Raspberry Pi I had floating around. Complicated stuff i tells her.

I generally game with my "real world" mate on PS4 though. I get lonely when I gaming on my PC :o

In other news, I found my BF4 game disc! GF couldn't find the box (as I'd packed it away) so she put it into a book I was reading. Opened the book last night and it dropped out!

Ended up buying the Premium on PSN to get the DLC going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Premium is going cheap at the moment on amazon.com
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/battlefield-4-premium-service-online-game-code-amazon-com-9-70-2151533

around 13 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Ffs, there goes another €13.

I play BF4 on XB1 and haven't even played it on PC in a while but for that price I can't let it go. Just to have it :P

Ah shor it'll only take a couple of years! :D
    6OxqPfD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Well we're on BF4 PC most nights if you want chaps to play with (oh matron!). Add me on Origin. Sirinava.

I play with the lads on Gaellords.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Ah shor it'll only take a couple of years! :D
    6OxqPfD.jpg

Origin normally manages much higher speeds than that, or is that the max of your connection?

Spear wrote: »
    Origin normally manages much higher speeds than that, or is that the max of your connection?

The max of my connection haha :P

Went from 150mb when living in Waterford City to 7mb in the shticks. Thankfully & hopefully efibre is going live the end of this summer tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The max of my connection haha :P

Went from 150mb when living in Waterford City to 7mb in the shticks. Thankfully & hopefully efibre is going live the end of this summer tho :D

Had to reformat the PC and had to re-install last night including full download.

Was downloading at 7-10mb/s :O

Must get back into the GaelLords server, had some good games there. My BF4 love comes in waves, and its back again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

TheDoc wrote: »
    Must get back into the GaelLords server, had some good games there. My BF4 love comes in waves, and its back again :D

GaelLords server is gone with about a year at this stage man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

It's rotten that you need China Rising to have UCAV whereas as those who have China Rising can use it on players who don't have China Rising...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    It's rotten that you need China Rising to have UCAV whereas as those who have China Rising can use it on players who don't have China Rising...

The novelty of it wears off fairly quickly. Unless you're seriously good with it, then I can imagine hours of fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Battlefield 4 Premium edition is only €26.99 on the PSN. Just look in the 'Deals & Offers' section

Is it worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Icaras wrote: »
    Is it worth getting?

For €27? Definitely in my opinion...Full game + 5 DLCS + Premium with more content coming soon. Worth a go at least

For €27? Definitely in my opinion...Full game + 5 DLCS + Premium with more content coming soon. Worth a go at least

I have the basic game but I got it for "free" by trading in a few games. You've talked me into it.

Icaras wrote: »
    I have the basic game but I got it for "free" by trading in a few games. You've talked me into it.

Well if you happen to be on the PS4 we have a clan set up. Just put your PSN in our thread

Well if you happen to be on the PS4 we have a clan set up. Just put your PSN in our thread

Good stuff, name is up - superdigzi

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Patch out tomorrow. Might be big since it's supposed to contain some of the changes from the CTE.

"Battlelog and Multiplayer across all games will be unavailable for 1h starting March 3 1AM PDT / 09.00 UTC due to Game & Server Update for Battlefield 4."

I had to uninstall BF there today and its re-installing now but its taking an age.

I think it been stuck at 27% for about 3 hours now. Any ideas???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

My campaign save gave just deleted. 5 hours down the drain :mad:

Anyway of getting this back?

winston82 wrote: »

Nope, it's been an ongoing issue since launch. Since nobody buys actually Battlefield for the single player campaign, they never seemed to bother to try fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

winston82 wrote: »

It's a total fúcker if you're trophy hunting but if you're not then I wouldn't get too upset, you ain't missing out on much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

GerB40 wrote: »
    It's a total fúcker if you're trophy hunting but if you're not then I wouldn't get too upset, you ain't missing out on much.

Just bought the PS4 last Thursday. That's quite disappointing. Ah well, multiplayer it is.

I had to uninstall BF there today and its re-installing now but its taking an age.

I think it been stuck at 27% for about 3 hours now. Any ideas???

O.K. so it turns out that there was a smudge on the disc. I deleted the game data twice since I posted earlier. Each time it would install up to 27% then stop.

I figured it must have been something wrong with the disc so I got out some wipes and sure enough problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Patch is 1.13GB on the PC.
    Patch Notes.
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065240539184940/

Here is the full list of changes and improvements included in the Winter Patch. All changes applies to all platforms unless explicitly stated otherwise. For highlights with pictures, follow the link: http://static.cdn.ea.com/battlelog/customcontent/winterpatch/Patchnotes_WinterPatch.pdf [static.cdn.ea.com]

GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS
    - Added Squad Obliteration game mode
    - Added support for New player servers (rank 10 and down)
    - Added support for matchmaking into ranked servers (in addition to standard official)
    - Various anti-cheat improvements implemented
    - In combat system now temporarily disables squad spawning when squad mate is in combat
    - In combat system now temporarily disables Medic Bag healing based on damage taken and incoming suppression increase
    - In combat system now temporarily disables First Aid Kit healing based on damage taken
    - Decouple vehicle aiming from turning option added
    - Added Mastery Dog tags for several weapons that were previously missing
    - Added 3 new Premium playlists: 'Large Scale Battles', 'The Battlefield', and 'Close Quarters'
    - Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause an error about stats not fetching, if connecting to a session after immediately being disconnected
    - Fixed an exploit related to CTF/Obliteration exploit using M224 Mortar/MAV/EOD Bot
    - PC - Several AMD Mantle optimizations
    - PC - Various graphical performance improvements
    - PS4/XBOX ONE - Fixed a case where the Battledash would not show after signing out of a profile while in the rent-a-server section
    - PS4/XBOX ONE - Fixed naming inconsistency with the server browser and quick match for Conquest Large
    - Xbox One - Fixed an issue where the user would sometimes not enter friends online session when joining through 'Friends List'
    - Xbox One – Fixed an issue where Digital Premium Edition did not give premium access on Battlelog
    - X360 - Fixed an issue where performing a sign-in change during game would sometimes result in endless black loading screen
    - X360 - Fixed an issue where multiple users in the same squad would crash if the squad leader disconnected from a full server
    - Added option for player to separately toggle the slowdown and auto rotation components of aim assist. Server admins can now enforce a disable of the auto rotation component on ranked servers
    - All consoles - Fixed an issue where it was not possible to join a rented server that had a password set

AUDIO
    - Footsteps: Significantly improved audio of footsteps for enemies and friendlies so that they can clearly be heard. Also fixed an issue where grenades explosions or other loud sounds would mute footstep sounds
    - Fixed an issue where EOR music would not play in CTF
    - PC - TDM/SQDM: 'Tension music' now correctly playing for all teams in TDM and SQDM

ART
    - Updated the shading for many of the Dog tag country flags to make them more accurate
    - Animation: Cleaned up fast side to side movement of the character in third person
    - Fixed an issue where tracers would incorrectly show up on bullet impacts

USER INTERFACE
    - Fixed an issue where the soldier camouflage selected would change to default between rounds
    - Fixed the cropped "Ready" status on the F-35 and J-20 fighter jets so that it is now fully visible
    - Fixed a HUD related issue that would sometimes occur when players on the same server would use the FLIR/IRNV
    - Dog tags will now display stats both in game and in menus
    - Several hit indicator and crosshair improvements
    - Fixed an issue where a player's health is displayed incorrectly when they get hit while regenerating health
    - Updated HUD Logic for several weapons so that they show "overheat" messages correctly
    - Tweaked Jet HUDs to be more clear
    - Improved scout helicopter crosshairs
    - All consoles - Removed an incorrect reference to parachute in the customization screen
    - Deploy screen - Added deploy screen advanced options to show vehicle passengers, more details on occupants and squad mates
    - Deploy screen - Improved squad mate selection when in vehicles

VEHICLES
    - All helicopters have new more agile physics applied (you can do both barrel rolls and loops!)

WEAPONS
    - Animation updates for m412 and sw30
    - Fixed an audio bug where the air missiles or TV guided missiles would play multiple times for one shot
    - Fixed an audio bug where the FAC boat cannons would loop indefinitely
    - Adjusted the graphics for the Kobra red dot reticle to make it longer to more closely match the actual reticle
    - Removed small animation played when going into sprint for any weapons that have a fore grip
    - Adjusted QBZ95 fore grip position in first person
    - Fix for RPK74 bolt cycle during fire animation
    - Improved HUD clarity for red dot sights against snowy/bright backgrounds - AND improved PS3/Xbox360 look as well
    - PS3/PS4 - Fixed an instance where a player would be unable to switch back to the bow from a secondary weapon if spawning as a passenger in a vehicle
    - X360 - Fixed an issue where Vehicle IRNV would not detect infantry on equal elevation properly

MAPS
    HANGAR 21
    - PS3/PS4 –Fixed an issue where a user would get stuck when descending the ladder that leads to the lower Hangar
    - Fixed a sound bug that would cause the titan engine audio to become distorted
    - Fixed various smaller sound issues

HAMMERHEAD
    - Fixed an issue where user would encounter snowing VFX inside of the hallway west of objective B if spawning on squad mate.

PROPAGANDA
    - Fixed several collision issues based on community feedback

PEARL MARKET
    - Fixed a collision issue which would cause players to fall down from the big neon sign that is used as a bridge between 2 buildings
    - Fixed an issue where a user could see through the game world after destroying part of a building situated near the CN base

LUMPHINI GARDEN
    - Fixed several collision issues that would occur after the mudslide levolution was triggered. The mudslide has also been optimized to reduce visual glitches
    - Rush - Fixed issues with the EDO bot having no collision with several sidewalks around the US base first set of M-coms
    - Fixed an issue with an indestructible window in the house at the center of the map
    - Fixed an issue where a player could get stuck behind the pipes at Flag C and be forced to redeploy
    - Xbox One - Various issues collision near the valves and between them after the levolution event

SUNKEN DRAGON

ROGUE TRANSMISSION
    - Made collision conform closer to render mesh for destroyed track pieces. Moved collision volume in the level to accommodate the new changes to the adjusted object collision

ZAVOD 311

METRO 2014
    - Fixed an issue where users where able to get C4 kills through the roof

FLOOD ZONE

HAINAN RESORT

OPERATION LOCKER

SIEGE OF SHANGHAI
    - Improved collision issues on several skyscrapers

DAWNBREAKER
    - Fixed an issue where a user is unable to deploy Radio Beacon, MAV and similar gadgets on the boardwalk located north from the water and south from objective C

LOST ISLAND
    - Added collision in the ceiling of the cave so that is no longer possible to hide there with the little bird

GULF OF OMAN
    - Lights now no longer stay intact once building is destroyed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

I played a few rounds of 'The Battlefield' and it seems pretty good. Basically cycling through maps from the different packs, which is long overdue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Nope, it's been an ongoing issue since launch. Since nobody buys actually Battlefield for the single player campaign, they never seemed to bother to try fix it.

I didn't buy it for single player obviously, but the campaign in BF3 and BF4 are pretty okay, worth playing if your a fan of linear FPS. Not entirely unlike COD, and definitely better than Ghosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Patch seems to have actually made a big difference to the netcode, at least it did for me. Also noticed I was dying a lot quicker, which could be a good indicator that nobody is experiencing network-related issues. Also like the new scoreboard, which shows who's alive and who isn't, and I like the new reticle and hitmarker colours.

I didn't buy it for single player obviously, but the campaign in BF3 and BF4 are pretty okay, worth playing if your a fan of linear FPS. Not entirely unlike COD, and definitely better than Ghosts.

I played the BF4 campaign to unlock the M249, and every now and then my completionist OCD kicks rages cos my data has been wiped 4 or 5 times and I don't have the Assignments completed anymore :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

tigger123 wrote: »
    I played a few rounds of 'The Battlefield' and it seems pretty good. Basically cycling through maps from the different packs, which is long overdue.

I agree, so long overdue it hurts. Nice to stay on the same server and sample all the maps. Even got me playing conquest small, which was novel and fun.

Wish they had this from the start though (for console obviously)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Bf2 helicopters are back, pity the same can't be said about the jets.

Advertisement