Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

China rising has two good maps I like to play on, Silk road and Gullin peaks. Second assualt is a better map pack, as it has Caspian, oman, firestorm and metro.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Just downloaded this so there's still a nice few playing it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Yep, loads. And still content and patches coming. :D

thanks being playing the last few hours enjoying it a good bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Livid I wasn't recording yesterday. Was in firestorm, straight from start in tank on RU side. Sped off towards E and threw two long-high pot shots in distance towards the far buildings between A & B at a transport chopper that had been spotted but I couldn't see. Mobility hit on the first and kill on the second. Just sat there laughing for a few minutes after.

Cracking round overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Noxin wrote: »
    Livid I wasn't recording yesterday. Was in firestorm, straight from start in tank on RU side. Sped off towards E and threw two long-high pot shots in distance towards the far buildings between A & B at a transport chopper that had been spotted but I couldn't see. Mobility hit on the first and kill on the second. Just sat there laughing for a few minutes after.

Cracking round overall.

This is why I love Shadowplay so much. Just like 'Xbox record that!' for my PC. Love it! :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    This is why I love Shadowplay so much. Just like 'Xbox record that!' for my PC. Love it! :D

Yup I use shadowplay. But I just forgot to hit manual record at the start of the round. Then when I was half way through it wouldn't record. When I alt-tabbed to make sure it was on.. it wasn't. So turned it on and hit manual record but still nothing.
    I think it needs to be enabled before you start a game for manual record to work. Not sure why it was disabled in the first place though.
    Not to worry. Gonna start recording more often though. I've had too many random funny things happen lately that I need to piece together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

seanand wrote: »
    thanks being playing the last few hours enjoying it a good bit

If you're interested, throw your PSN up in the Battlefield PS4 thread, there's normally of a few of us most nights and you're more than welcome to join in. 60+ in the clan so far, from newcomers to veterans.

Yup I use shadowplay. But I just forgot to hit manual record at the start of the round. Then when I was half way through it wouldn't record. When I alt-tabbed to make sure it was on.. it wasn't. So turned it on and hit manual record but still nothing.

I have mine set to 15mins shadowplay. If something happens I want to record I just have to press the numpad 0/Insert. Works a charm :D but yeah I think after updates it disables sometimes for some reason :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

My AMD card records all my play through constantly, I don't have to hit a few keys to start it or anything. I have a few kills one after the other recorded but it is a large file as it's 1080p @ 30fps and I have shít internet so can't upload.

• Advertisement

any tips for a newbie, just was playing conquest short to start with. what seems to be the best guns? any dlc worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

any tips for a newbie, just was playing conquest short to start with. what seems to be the best guns? any dlc worth it?

What platform are you on?

Just wondering as the DLC are not worth it on PC as I have Chinas rising and also Dragons teeth, and they are both not worth it on Team Deathmatch anyway.

sorry on ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

sorry on ps4

Starting off I played a lot of domination which uses a small section of the conquest map so it's not too overwhelming. I found it to be a great way to get used to the way the game is played. Team play isn't as important in domination as it is in larger games but you will have more success working together than just running around.

People tend to gravitate towards the assault class at the beginning and personally that's what I would advise. There's no really bad weapons to start off with in this class so mix em up and see what suits you. Using the defibrillators to resuscitate team mates and dropping health packs not only helps your team but also gives you extra points which, when mixed with xp boosts, will have you levelling up in no time.

As for dlc, they're good but definitely not essential. The best maps, in my opinion, are the ones that come with the game.

And that's my two cents...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

The only major tip I'd give is to PTFO....play the fu©kin objective....if your team is losing a flag then get on and contest it. Since your whole squad can spawn on you, it could only take 1 guy to swing the fight on the flag in your favour. Any kills in defence/attack of a flag give you more points as well so it's win win.
    In reality, the list of tips could run for pages, so I'd honestly just focus on playing the objective, spam the spot button, find a gun and loadout you like and run with it, find a playstyle you enjoy and basically just get comfortable on the Battlefield. My personal biggest tip; ignore your stats.

Next time you're playing, if you join on one of us we can help run ya through anything else that comes up.

played a small bit of domination and the small map didnt suit that well still got decent points but then did two large conquests and much better tried engineer for a few mins near the end and liked that. up near the top each time. would love to get a decent anti tank missile

ya sure you find all the action near the flags aswell. ill be on a decent bit tomorrow only have a few hours in the evening for work. you added me, killoughteenking for anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

played a small bit of domination and the small map didnt suit that well still got decent points but then did two large conquests and much better tried engineer for a few mins near the end and liked that. up near the top each time. would love to get a decent anti tank missile

ya sure you find all the action near the flags aswell. ill be on a decent bit tomorrow only have a few hours in the evening for work. you added me, killoughteenking for anyone else

If I was to give a tip, don't be afraid of hardcore mode. Its not a hard mode, its just more realistic.
    There's no map on screen or killcams, but it takes fewer bullets to kill and health doesn't regenerate so if you're strategic and like a more intense experience, go for hardcore.

I'm rubbish at the game but play hardcore almost exclusively because it rewards teamwork and situational awareness

Akrasia wrote: »
    If I was to give a tip, don't be afraid of hardcore mode. Its not a hard mode, its just more realistic.
    There's no map on screen or killcams, but it takes fewer bullets to kill and health doesn't regenerate so if you're strategic and like a more intense experience, go for hardcore.

I'm rubbish at the game but play hardcore almost exclusively because it rewards teamwork and situational awareness
    how do you activate that mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

how do you activate that mate?

Go to the server browser and set the filter to show hard-core servers

So how did people find yesterdays patch?

I did not have a very good day with it yesterday but I was pretty tired while trying to play so could have been that too.

- Loadout reset :(
    - Found I was getting sniped around corners a good bit or the killcam just showing the wrong player.
    - Invisible walls. Feck they're everywhere. On Silk Road yesterday me and an enemy spent ages shooting each other almost point blank and neither of us could hit a thing. Ended up doing a little dance with him and running off in the end. Similar issue is Caspian Border springs to mind.

The AN-94 AR has potential. Pretty nice up close without ADS.

Found the new Groza-4 PDW the most useless thing I've ever come across. Low fire rate, lower damage and in close quarters I got owned left right and center. Went back to my SR2 after a few short minutes of play with it.

Groza-1 carbine was good at close range but huge recoil.

The L86-A2 seems decent but it has a really crappy mag size. This was my biggest gripe here. So many times I got caught running out of ammo.

More to test over the next few days :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

L86-A2, about time they brought that back, loved that gun.

Whats the sniper side arm that fires magnum rounds?

Tazzimus wrote: »
    L86-A2, about time they brought that back, loved that gun.

Whats the sniper side arm that fires magnum rounds?

Mare's Leg. Not tried it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

- Invisible walls. Feck they're everywhere. On Silk Road yesterday me and an enemy spent ages shooting each other almost point blank and neither of us could hit a thing. Ended up doing a little dance with him and running off in the end. Similar issue is Caspian Border springs to mind.

Might be down to the fix for head glitching:

It's a good thing

Maybe he meant in a non shooting sense.

I think I found an issue with an invisible wall on Zavod in the one of the collapsed houses at B, I was trying to climb through the rubble to avoid an AA and I couldn't get onto a sloped piece which had nothing impeding.

The head glitch is fine with guns but can be a bit of a nightmare with RPGs if you're firing through a hole... Say the collapsed antenna.
    Granted the hit doesn't seem to instant kill but it makes it harder to gauge in those circumstances and creates a new problem.

The game seems more unstable now on xb1 anyway with some awful slow downs and things like the heli heatseekers are having a problem with a long delay in the sound effects... Few little issues like that.

Yup I'm aware of the head glitching fix and it is definitely a good thing.

This was different though. Had a similar issue to you Gilberto. A downed building became almost impassable. Just invisible nothings blocking the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

hopped in last night for a quick look to see what it was like after the patch (xbox one).

It probably partly down to being rusty, but the anti headglitch thing is hard to adjust to, years of games where the bullets essentially come out of the centre of the sight make it feel alien when you just hit a wall in front.

Gun master is amazingly fun, managed to get 3 knife kills during it as well which is unusual (zavod map) - its worth knifing where you can, as it reduces the opponents kill count by 1. It also showed me a few guns I'm interested in trying out in battlefield proper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

The game seems more unstable now on xb1 anyway with some awful slow downs and things like the heli heatseekers are having a problem with a long delay in the sound effects... Few little issues like that.

Depends on your definition of stable. The running joke in my group is that BF4 is finally out beta :D

For me the main issue was always hit detection etc and from that perspective the game feels rock solid now.

I will gladly take delayed sounds over kill trades, spawn shield issues and getting shot behind cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Shotguns are useful! Having lots of fun with the QBS09

Dragon Valley has been added to CTE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I joined the cte so hopefully gonna check this out later. They better fix the sky though if you remember from bf2 it was too white.

Advertisement