Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Absolutely loving Dragon Valley. Has a great feel to the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Is Origin down at the moment? Can't log into anything now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It's working fine for me.

I'm able to log in online on the Orign app but can't log into the Battlelog via origin

Just tried joining a server and it won't.
    Error
    An error was reported from EA Online

https://downdetector.com/status/ea 532 reports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Is Origin down at the moment? Can't log into anything now.

Must be that crappy internet you have ;) :rolleyes:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Must be that crappy internet you have ;) :rolleyes:

Oh it is deplorable alright. Stuck with pings above 150 and if someone is download an episode on Sky, it goes up to 500.

Gonna stick with cq battles with MG4 for the rest of the summer :cool:

Think it might be back up?

EDIT: Yup, it's working. Just played a round there and it appears to be fine

Don't you just love sneaking behind the enemy's line on Operation Locker at B where everyone is camping around the barriers/stairs and go guns blazing with the MG4, acquiring 10 kills in seconds :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Is there any Irish servers still running?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone else having problems with the plugin not installing after the update to 10. Wanted to try a quick game to see how it runs in 10 and I cannot get past the plugin not installing so I cannot play the game.

I did have that problem trying to play the cte, but not in vanilla bf4. When I was figuring out why the cte wouldn't load I found a solution and that was to delete the user profile folder. So when you log in again and run the update it recreates the profile and it should allow you to join a server.

I used the same method when running into problems with bf2. Always deleted the config and it makes a new one for you.

Well came up against a cheater/hacker just now in a game on PC. One game I was looking at bullets come from the sky at one of my team-mates and I was behind him watching. The thing is there was no height up there so I was wondering where they were coming from, next thing I get killed. The the same guy was on a roof killing me with a hand gun from a long distance and I was wondering how he did it. He done it twice. Still managed to come 3rd on my team at the end with 7 kills and 7 deaths. Could have been less but this hacker guy killed me a few times.

So how I found out he was a hacker was in the next game I get killed by a handgun next thing death cam shows me the same guy just leap straight up into the sky, I was like what the fcuk, so I cancelled out of the game. I don't know what trill he gets from using these hacks in games.

Yeah it gets really fcvking annoying. I hear it's mainly due to the gametime (origin) accounts being setup, so they just re reg when they get banned and there back on cheating in no time. I find playing on premium only servers to be better and with fewer cheaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

What fun do they get from it. I boosted once or twice in black ops but battlefield is good enough without cheating..

The thing is I went back to play a few games later and he was still at it getting tonnes of kill streaks and bragging in chat something on the lines of official server admin can't ban me or something if I read it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

The thing is I went back to play a few games later and he was still at it getting tonnes of kill streaks and bragging in chat something on the lines of official server admin can't ban me or something if I read it correctly.

Should have gone spectator, recorded it and reported him.
    Funny enough I've not come across a blatant hacker in BF4 before. At least, not that I've noticed or raged about. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Noxin wrote: »
    Should have gone spectator, recorded it and reported him.
    No point, DICE don't do anything to reported players.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

I am not enjoying it these days as much. Mainly because of the shotguns. I know what people are going to say.. 'learn to cope with them and play better etc.. ' But the fact is when you get 1 shotted from way across the map by 10 different guys rocking shotguns, it gets tiresome.
    I totally understand the damage level but the range is now ridiculous. I can only play conquest modes to be even slightly free of it and even at that it is frustrating at times. Gone are the days of any close quarters games.

I could fight fire with fire but there is no skill in it and I the challenge of automatic rifles/pistols etc.. :(

Whats the best game mode to restrict this? Probably hardcore or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The Red wrote: »
    I am not enjoying it these days as much. Mainly because of the shotguns. I know what people are going to say.. 'learn to cope with them and play better etc.. ' But the fact is when you get 1 shotted from way across the map by 10 different guys rocking shotguns, it gets tiresome.
    I totally understand the damage level but the range is now ridiculous. I can only play conquest modes to be even slightly free of it and even at that it is frustrating at times. Gone are the days of any close quarters games.

I could fight fire with fire but there is no skill in it and I the challenge of automatic rifles/pistols etc.. :(

Whats the best game mode to restrict this? Probably hardcore or something..
    Gun Master?

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »
    Gun Master?

Gun master is good craic. Especially the rented servers that use mad guns like the railgun...

Ahahaha no.

Gunmaster is fine and all but it is not a substitute for conquest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Ahahaha no.

I haven't played in a while, but you hardly see too many people running around with shotguns on Golmud Railway do you? Or do you only play infantry maps?

Ahahaha no.

I completely agree. But Gunmaster is a fun alternative to the team play based conquest. A bit of mindless shooting where luck is often as important as skill. Kinda like everything in Cod...

p4bgy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I haven't played in a while, but you hardly see too many people running around with shotguns on Golmud Railway do you? Or do you only play infantry maps?
    I'll see your spas 12, and raise you an M1 Abrams

Bf4_abrams.jpg
    mwahaha

Akrasia wrote: »
    I'll see your spas 12, and raise you an M1 Abrams

Bf4_abrams.jpg
    mwahaha

I see your "lovely M1 Abrams" and I'll raise it up to my fabulous C4 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Night Ops confirmed for December September

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Correct thought it said Dec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Looking forward to night ops kind of sick of the "hey look at the cool light glare effects we have in our game"

I shall enjoy sneaking around enemy lines !

Advertisement