Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is it coming to consoles as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Is this gonna be a free expansion?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Westie is saying about a long awaited jungle map here:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Have to go to the survey section to get access to it. The survey is 2 questions and takes like 5 seconds

Get your code? I'm still waiting

No not yet. Its a 31GB download though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Have been playing a lot of BF4 again recently after a good absence.....such an incredible game! I liked Hardline but after 30 hours I got bored - it is basically BF4 with a new skin to be fair in most modes, though Hotwire is brilliant, the one part of the game that stands head and shoulders above the rest.

I received my PC the other day, I set up everything to play, however I realized yesterday that I have no sound on my system! There is an issue with Win10, they knew it from May release (10130) and is still exists on final!
    I am looking for support in Creative's forums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Downloading cte now!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

deco nate wrote: »
    Downloading cte now!
    :)

Same. :) Pity I can't copy PC version I already have to save me the download :P

Is there much difference in server / game performance in the CTE over the vanilla non CTE game?

• Advertisement

In performance no, except the fact that on CTE are less players and the servers (from the hardware point of view) are strong enough to sustain the players without lagging. Usually game host companies, overload the servers up to 150% of their capacity because "not all servers are full at the same time". However, sometimes servers are almost full and capacity exceeds 100%. You will not see that on CTE or any other DICE server.

Wizard! wrote: »
    In performance no, except the fact that on CTE are less players and the servers (from the hardware point of view) are strong enough to sustain the players without lagging. Usually game host companies, overload the servers up to 150% of their capacity because "not all servers are full at the same time". However, sometimes servers are almost full and capacity exceeds 100%. You will not see that on CTE or any other DICE server.

Thanks . I'll just be happy with the less lag part to be honest

Are other people noticing serious hacking problems with BF4 lately?

Every 2nd server I join in the past week or so has some low level player with 50 - 1 K/D. It's getting really frustrating, and makes me not want to bother playing the game anymore.

It was perfectly fine until just very recently it seems to have become an issue. :confused:

Choose your servers more carefully.
    Many servers are online without admins. Either they do not play to much anymore (BF4 is 2 years old), either they play BFH.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Are other people noticing serious hacking problems with BF4 lately?

Every 2nd server I join in the past week or so has some low level player with 50 - 1 K/D. It's getting really frustrating, and makes me not want to bother playing the game anymore.

It was perfectly fine until just very recently it seems to have become an issue. :confused:

Saw a huge number of hackers about a month ago. Literally every game I played. As soon as I see obvious hacks I stop spawning and spam the chat telling people not to spawn till the looser hacker leaves.

I've switched to playing Rush for the moment, conquest is rife with it.

Will never understand how people are so pathetic they have to cheat like that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Choose your servers more carefully.
    Many servers are online without admins. Either they do not play to much anymore (BF4 is 2 years old), either they play BFH.

Of BF3 a far better game than either :) but yes your 100% correct about admins and servers.

Dcully wrote: »
    Of BF3 a far better game than either :)
    I cannot agree 100% on that. BH is out of the picture. For me is just another DLC.
    However, for BF3, I could say there are things I liked more, but also there are some in BF4. Also, BFBC2 has some great things to like, mostly the sound, I think the atmosphere makes you feel more in a battlefield than with BF3/4, I like ghillie suits, cause a sniper cannot be visible. Melee in 4 sucks. Revives in 3 are bad. I love spectator mode in 4. Classes are more balanced in BC2... And so on... :rolleyes:

The problem in 4 is that they did not have a plan. They designed something based on no input, however the patches were solely based on community input. They should have a strong base, and changes should be minor and bug fixing only. They listen to the community too much, where community is mostly exCOD players, and 100 youtube celebrities. They ruined the class balance, they changed key points in maps, etc.

Personally, I played less than 15 hours in the past 4 months, after the latest patch, and revert to BC2. I started to play again before a week and waiting to see if autumn patch will do any good to the game. They need to realize that netcode fixes are for pros and ESL. The rest of us want a good and fun gameplay. This is where 4 lacks...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I cannot agree 100% on that. BH is out of the picture. For me is just another DLC.
    However, for BF3, I could say there are things I liked more, but also there are some in BF4. Also, BFBC2 has some great things to like, mostly the sound, I think the atmosphere makes you feel more in a battlefield than with BF3/4, I like ghillie suits, cause a sniper cannot be visible. Melee in 4 sucks. Revives in 3 are bad. I love spectator mode in 4. Classes are more balanced in BC2... And so on... :rolleyes:

The problem in 4 is that they did not have a plan. They designed something based on no input, however the patches were solely based on community input. They should have a strong base, and changes should be minor and bug fixing only. They listen to the community too much, where community is mostly exCOD players, and 100 youtube celebrities. They ruined the class balance, they changed key points in maps, etc.

Personally, I played less than 15 hours in the past 4 months, after the latest patch, and revert to BC2. I started to play again before a week and waiting to see if autumn patch will do any good to the game. They need to realize that netcode fixes are for pros and ESL. The rest of us want a good and fun gameplay. This is where 4 lacks...

Agree with you apart from the netcode, for me its the number one element of any online fps along with fun gameplay, ofcourse fun gameplay is subjective but solid netcode is just essential imo.

Dcully wrote: »
    Agree with you apart from the netcode, for me its the number one element of any online fps along with fun gameplay, ofcourse fun gameplay is subjective but solid netcode is just essential imo.

Yeah, sure, netcode is essential, I cannot disagree on that. However, we did have a lot of fun with BC2 & BF3, even if the netcode was not perfect.
    What I mean is, that the netcode is same for all of us. Cover lag for example, affects all the players equally. You know you can get killed just after you ran to cover. You get used to it.

On the other side, we do not all like to play as assault, or support. Some of us need to spot the enemy (recons) and destroy the tanks (engineers). Since assault & support are op, we either have a disadvantage, or we have to play with the op classes.

Recons have that torch (call me lens glare) which makes them visible from miles away...
    Engineers, need to fire 3-5 RPGs to destroy a tank. They had SLAMs, but since it was annoying for some "PROs", they nerfed them...
    And so on...

Those make the game less fun to play, not the netcode bugs.

• Advertisement

@Dcully you asked, you get. Netcode fixes, 60Hz tickrate
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3liEVlYJ6hU

Also, this video proves what I was writing about. They reverting changes they made on jets... Some asked them, they made them and realized it ruined the game...

For anyone with XB1 & EA Access:

"Ready to take the battle to the South China Sea? This week only, we're giving all EA Access members a free copy of the Battlefield 4 Naval Strike expansion pack, which adds a new amphibious vehicle and four more multiplayer maps. Just visit the EA Access app on Xbox One before September 3 to claim your gift — and it's yours to keep forever."

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/news/bf4-naval-strike-free-for-members.html?utm_campaign=eaa-social-us-ic-fb-eaa-bf4dlc-blog-fb-prev-site-sust&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&sourceid=eaa-social-us-ic-fb-eaa-bf4dlc-blog-fb-prev-site-sust&cid=42572&ts=1440706761636&sf39764396=1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Finally I can play both BF4 and BFH again. There's a drive hotfix from nVidia, the 355.80 drivers, which fix the SLI memory allocation bug. So no more DirectX out of memory errors.

We’re excited to announce that Battlefield 4 Night Operations and the Summer Patch will begin rolling out worldwide on September 1. Please see the detailed information below for exact availability for your platform and region.

- September 1: The Summer Patch rolling out on all platforms worldwide.
    - September 1: Battlefield 4 Night Operations rolling out worldwide for PC, Xbox 360/Xbox One, PS3/PS4 worldwide (except for PS3/PS4 in Europe).
    - September 8: Battlefield 4 Night Operations rolling out in Europe for PS3/PS4.

Thank you for your patience. We look forward to putting you in our night scopes next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Perfect timing for me. Moving the rig down to college next week where I'll be bathing in the glorious 100mb broadband instead of dealing with the shítty <1mb at home.

Looking forward to how vehicles are gonna be equipped. It'll be fairly chaotic in the battlefield with helis and jets up there blind as bats with tanks and APC surviving on limited visibility :D

My kind of battle ;)

What did I tell you? They are adjusting the game for a few players that keep crying...
    No more bonus for long headshots. Play aggressive against better close combat weapons, or play assault....
    I started thinking to NOT buy BF5... Not even Battlefront...

What did I tell you? They are adjusting the game for a few players that keep crying...
    No more bonus for long headshots. Play aggressive against better close combat weapons, or play assault....
    I started thinking to NOT buy BF5... Not even Battlefront...

Considering Battlefront is going to have no server browser and only a quickmatch option as they do a "skill" based match making I wouldnt be touching Battlefront.

BF4 is bad enough with OOR players as is, I can only imagine the clusterfook that will be Battlefront as DICE / EA actively embrace and encourage OOR to play each other.

Considering Battlefront is going to have no server browser and only a quickmatch option as they do a "skill" based match making I wouldnt be touching Battlefront.
    I do not think there will be only a quickmatch option. I do not know if this an official statement or just something you read about. If it is, how am I going to play with my friends, or my Clan? Random join cannot be good.

• Advertisement

It would be the same as consoles, you party up and then look for a game as a group.

I'd much rather a server browser though, I'd be really surprised if it was matchmaking only.

Advertisement