Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Why they do not keep the BFBC2 process, what was wrong with that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Wizard! wrote: »
    I do not think there will be only a quickmatch option. I do not know if this an official statement or just something you read about. If it is, how am I going to play with my friends, or my Clan? Random join cannot be good.

EA Community manager on Reddit has confirmed it is quickmatch only and is skill based matchmaking.

linky here

EA Community manager on Reddit has confirmed it is quickmatch only and is skill based matchmaking.
    Thanx for confirming that. You saved me from downloading the beta... :mad:

Thanx for confirming that. You saved me from downloading the beta... :mad:

Yeah I know. It's like they have they can't see the problems with BF4 at all that quick match causes.

Upon learning that gem Battlefront was immediately wiped off my purchase list

Latest patch changes:
    GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS

• Fixed a number of known exploits in the game
    • Added the Team balancer (featured) as a default server option for larger modes
    • In Combat
    - Fixed an issue where players were able to spawn on a squad mate under fire (in combat)
    - Removed suppression active check, now only looks at suppression increase as an in combat trigger

• Added the Zavod: Graveyard Shift map
    • Added server preset (Standard, Classic, Hardcore) to the deploy screen
    • Updated soldier animations to fix the issue where viewing players running backwards would cause leg popping when changing the movement direction slightly between back-left and back-right.
    • Added the ability for all unlocks to be used in unranked servers, this applies to weapons and attachments including all premium weapons.
    • Soldier Movement: Slowed down side to side from 0.4 -> 0.35 on soldier sidestep to make that movement less jerky
    • Fixed an issue with the pillbox featured in Zavod and other levels. Bipods can now be deployed on the window sills of these pillboxes
    • Changed max default spotting distance to 200m on night maps
    • Fixed an issue where players would randomly take damage and even die from walking on certain staircases or other slanting objects
    • Fixed an issue where players took damage from vaulting over objects and landing “hard” incorrectly
    • PS3: Various crash fixes based on memory optimization
    • ALL CONSOLES: Allow players to leave a squad in game created through the Squad Join feature
    • ALL CONSOLES: Added Night Operations Large, Night Operations and Night Operations Infantry quick match selections for the Zavod: Graveyard shift map

NETWORKING

• Updated server stall detection to better track servers going bad
    • Improved packet loss handling for clients
    • Improved “rubber banding” handling on client and server
    • Fixed an issue where the local player’s health would be incorrect if they took damage while regenerating health
    • Changed FrameHistoryTime variable to 1 to prevent dusting on fast moving vehicles (mainly jets)
    • Updated server & client code to support variable tick/simulation rates (featured)
    • Added indicators for current server “tick rate”/simulation rate on loading screen (>30hz only) and deploy screen
    • Network status communications suite: Added HUD indicators & warnings for bad or mediocre network connections (featured)
    • PC/PS4/XB1: Significantly Improved client to client damage delay by forcing all clients to send damage based on framerate instead of simulation rate

AUDIO

• Enabled Audio obstruction (featured)

PERSISTENCE

• Added Dog tag that will track players knife kills
    • Fixed an issue where the incorrect numerical value is displayed on MBT dog tags, showing total medals earned instead of ribbons
    • Fixed kill tracking on missing Mastery Dog Tags which were added in a previous patch. Progress will now reflect overall kills with those weapons

VEHICLES

• Vehicle turrets
    - Updated turret logic to allow variable simulation rates
    - Added vehicle sensitivity slider for all input devices on all platforms
    - Added new input curves for all vehicle turrets in the game
    - PC: Fixed an issue where turning fast with the mouse would sometimes snap the view in the opposite direction/edge

• Fixed an issue where free look cameras in vehicles were negatively affected by framerate dips causing slower than intended movement. Now mimics soldier look accurately.
    • Jet changes
    - Reverted attack jet physics to original setup (313)
    - Fixed an issue where mobility hits would cause a un-salvageable stall
    - Fixed an issue where jets would flip upside down in a jittery fashion when mobility hit

• Aircraft interior glass got a pass for the Summer Patch. Reflection brightness, glass color and opacity have been unified across the board. Reflection brightness has been greatly reduced to improve visibility
    • Fixed an issue where players were unable to cause damage to an enemy standing in an open seat on any vehicle with any type of missile
    • Fixed the wake effect of jet skis for night vision
    • Reduced brightness of tank FLIR/IRNV HUD from 2 to 0.45.
    • Reduced bloom scale in vehicle FLIR.
    • Increased PLD IRNV range from 300/45 vehicle/soldier to 375/100.
    • All vehicles in Zavod: Graveyard shift now have headlights and interior lights
    • Attack Helicopter Smart rockets
    - Reduced Rate Of Fire to 200 from 300
    - Reduced max turning angle from 30 to 10, tracking less powerful against moving targets

• Mobile Anti Air
    - Adjusted overheat ratios to be more balanced between 20mm and 30mm.
    - 20 mm has better range and is easier to use thanks to faster bullets
    - 30 mm has more consistent damage thanks to lower spread

• Lock on missiles - make counter measures more effective and consistent
    - Turn rates reduced to stop missiles from doing instant 180s
    - Reduced time to activate guidance system in most missiles
    - Blast radii has been tweaked up to reduce “dusting”
    - Changed damage type from blast damage to impact damage – for example using IR smoke in a tank causing a near miss will no longer damage your tank almost max damage from the blast of the near missed missile

• Hydra rockets, Smart & Zuni rockets now properly damage walls
    • PS4: Fixed an issue where reinstalling the game caused corrupt vehicle customization
    • PS3/PS4: Fixed an issue where vehicle customizations would revert to default after re-formatting the PS3/PS4.

WEAPONS

• Fixed a long time issue where infantry weapons fail to reload properly (looked like they did, really didn’t)
    • Decreased tracer frequency for full auto weapons from every one to every third bullet shot
    • Flashbangs
    - Effective angle is now 145 degrees
    - Flash duration reduced for friendlies to 0.6s
    - No longer blinds dead people
    - Increased the suppression effect from flashbang explosions
    - Reduced number of default flashbangs from 3 to 2
    - Updated effect to work exactly the same in dark and light environments
    - Shielded players in vehicles (ex: tank driver) no longer gets blinded – open vehicle seats will however
    - Reduced time to live from 10s to 1.5s. This prevents players from dropping flashbangs from tall buildings at enemies below
    - Improved target line of sight obstruction testing

• TV Missiles
    - Soldier damage multiplier is now .3 up from .1. This allows TV missiles to kill soldiers without the flak field upgrade outside of road kills.
    - Blast radius increased from 1.5m to 3m
    - Improved the responsiveness and steering slightly
    - Fixed an issue where players would get stuck in mid-air when exiting an Attack Helicopter & Attack Boats after firing TV missile

• Increased SRAW range and top speed slightly
    • Fixed an issue which would cause blue flashes when player fires anti-tank weapon at a bright white source, e.g. the sun
    • Tweaked and improved visibility of the night vision optics at night
    • Fixed an issue where the HUD on the UCAV would blink intermittently
    • Tracer polish. Lowered brightness, thickness and length.
    • Reintroduced the AN94 bipod. It will be unlocked by default.
    • Removed extended barrel when using Heavy Barrel on PDWs. Affects MX4, P90, UMP45, and UMP9.
    • Added blinking red light to M15 AT mines to increase visibility in night map (and other dark areas)
    • Renamed all the mentions for RPK-74M to RPK, and renamed L96A1 to L115
    • Fixed an animation issue with the Mare's Leg in 3rd person
    • Mare’s Leg: Added heavy barrel option, which can lower the spread from .2 to .1
    • M26 Dart: Increased pellet count to 19 from 12 to bring in-line with M26 MASS
    • Decreased headshot multiplier for revolvers/slugs/Desert Eagle from 2.35 to 2.13. This prevents pump action slugs from being able to one hit kill at infinite range and keeps Mare’s leg one hit kill headshot at ranges below 40m
    • L86: reduced horizontal recoil from 0.185/0.185 to 0.16/0.16
    • Zeroing fixes
    - CS5 add 1.004 initial bullet speed (y axis). Change displayed Zero from 100m to 75m
    - AS Val 1.41929 initial bullet speed (y axis). Changes zero from 50m to 35m, consistent with other suppressed PDWs
    - Groza-4: 1.41929 initial bullet speed (y axis). Changes zero from 30m to 35m.
    - AK5C: unsuppressed bullet velocity reduced from 630 to 620. Changes zero from 61m to 60m. Consistent with other carbines

• “Head-glitch” fixes
    - Added fix (spawn bullets from closer to barrel) on all four M26 variants.
    • Added a new JDAM explosion effect

GAME MODES

• Gun Master fixes
    - Fixed an issue where the tension music remains after a user that reached last level quits the session
    - Fixed an issue where stats wouldn’t get tracked properly
    - Fixed an issue where using gun emplacements could cause a server crash
    - Added live scoreboard functionality
    - Updated Gun Master to display infinite magazines in the HUD

MAPS

ZAVOD: GRAVEYARD SHIFT
    • Enabled ladders for all modes except Defuse and Gun Master

ZAVOD: 311
    • Fixed an exploit where players could leave the game world
    • Enabled ladders for all modes except Defuse and Gun Master

OPERATION WHITEOUT
    • Optimized memory usage

OPERATION LOCKER
    • Xbox 360: Optimized memory usage

GOLMUD RAILWAY
    • Fixed pink I beam on a collapsible building

BATTLELOG

• Removed requirement for Google Chrome plug-in support as Origin now provides that functionality. (You will be able to download and update your Battlefield 4 client now, but this feature will be activated at a later date.)

Like I was saying, most players do not care about perfect netcode, but mostly about fun and gameplay. They ruined it and here are the results:
    http://battlefieldtracker.com/bf4/population?days=-1

• Advertisement

Another nerf to chopper mobility wtf

Another nerf to chopper mobility wtf
    Yeah, they would probably be now, as agile as a Boing 747 Jumbo...

Yeah, they would probably be now, as agile as a Boing 747 Jumbo...

I don't mind I'm an AA player so I can see how they handle like buckets all ready even in hands of a good pilot. Choppers were definitely fine and should have been made more mobile not less.

Easier kills for me though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

• Added blinking red light to M15 AT mines to increase visibility in night map (and other dark areas)

Really? People should be looking where they're going in vehicles, if they run over mines its their own fault. No need to light them up for people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No squads in Battlefront either. Between the 40 player limit, no server browser, and no squads, it's gone from an absolute must buy to a 'maybe'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

No squads in Battlefront either. Between the 40 player limit, no server browser, and no squads, it's gone from an absolute must buy to a 'maybe'.

Thats what would turn me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

What's the craic with the night maps on the ps4? Graveyard shift is there as an option but going into it just sends me to the ps store where the maps aren't available yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

GerB40 wrote: »
    What's the craic with the night maps on the ps4? Graveyard shift is there as an option but going into it just sends me to the ps store where the maps aren't available yet..

Problem with PSN. Shows up on U.S store but not Irish.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/battlefield-4-night-operations/cid=UP0006-CUSA00110_00-XPACK05000000000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Nice one, it's not just me so.. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

GerB40 wrote: »
    Nice one, it's not just me so.. Cheers
    Rolling out for european plays 8th september :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

osheen wrote: »
    Rolling out for european plays 8th september :-(

Oh ya forgot it was delayed for PSN Europe until 8th whilst everyone else got it already, weird. That explains it so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Had a quick go of the night map. Was fun. Seems like it could be a good tactical map alright.

Quick question as I didn't play long - does it go into a normal server rotation of maps or do you specifically have to try to join from the gametype selection?

Wouldn't want to be playing just that map but it would be nice to appear every so often in the normal rotation.

No, you do not need to search for this specific map. It is actually added to vanilla maps, as it is free for everyone and not an extra DLC. So any server can add this map to the rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its classed as a DLC so search for it in the browser under DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Im liking it. Definatly going to get another few months out of BF4, only regret is I didnt buy premium when it was on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I only realized the other day that the AA has weapon choices, not sure how but I never realized. :eek:

Heavy shell and Active radar is ridiculous if you're a decent tactical player - Lancang damn especially is murder. I got a 30-0 there the other day, the enemy team didn't have a chance given the short range of the map and the flat layout - they barely got a helicopter off the ground. Other team didn't use it effectively at all. And it's brutally effective at killing infantry and boats around that middle island and decent at tackling Armour with support.

True. In BF3 you had RPGs/Javelins and it was much easier, if not kiling, at least make the AA run for cover.
    In BF4, you need 5 RPGs to destroy it, and in LD specifically, it is too easy to get inside CAP for cover. Javelins cannot even lock that far...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

On silk road last night and the whole other team were tank and helo camping. It was ridiculous as the stinger and sraw or mbt were useless, and you had to use a rake of them to be effective. The odd time you'd get lucky with the HMV II.

Even the HMV II is nerfed... We need 2 to take down a chopper... ffs... In reality you can take down a chopper even with a machine gun...
    Give the engineers 1-2 RPGs, so he make them count. But 5 and you need all 5 sometimes to get a LAV ...?
    The other day, I shot a trans chopper with an RPG and got only a mobility kill. Maybe I just scratched its surface...
    And with the next patch, choppers and jets will get back their Below Radar ability, like in BF3, however we do not get our BF3 missiles...

Even the HMV II is nerfed... We need 2 to take down a chopper... ffs... In reality you can take down a chopper even with a machine gun...
    Give the engineers 1-2 RPGs, so he make them count. But 5 and you need all 5 sometimes to get a LAV ...?
    The other day, I shot a trans chopper with an RPG and got only a mobility kill. Maybe I just scratched its surface...
    And with the next patch, choppers and jets will get back their Below Radar ability, like in BF3, however we do not get our BF3 missiles...

Tank shells do the same to the transport chopper as well, takes 2 shots to kill it

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Tank shells do the same to the transport chopper as well, takes 2 shots to kill it

And the attack chopper is still **** !

Most of the times I happen to see a player having a 50:2, 67:4, etc, K: D in game, he plays Tanks, AAs, (sometimes) LAVs, Artillery from CAP and Scout choppers. This alone proves that those "classes" are OP. In BF3 I had a friend who played Tanks & Choppers, but the guy was amazing in evading RPGs, it wasn't hit by 3 and still live. Also in BF4, if a chopper has 2 engineers repairing it, it does not come down, however I am not against that, because it requires teamplay, and that is what this game should be all about.

Most of the times I happen to see a player having a 50:2, 67:4, etc, K: D in game, he plays Tanks, AAs, (sometimes) LAVs, Artillery from CAP and Scout choppers. This alone proves that those "classes" are OP. In BF3 I had a friend who played Tanks & Choppers, but the guy was amazing in evading RPGs, it wasn't hit by 3 and still live. Also in BF4, if a chopper has 2 engineers repairing it, it does not come down, however I am not against that, because it requires teamplay, and that is what this game should be all about.

Not true, just means the other team is ****e at taking out armour. I've either done really well or been annihilated as soon as I get into a tank/LAV/Scout chopper depending on the other team.

If the team has much cop they'll have a couple of engineers running around to terrorise armour and keep it at bay for the rest of the team. Even snipers can harrass vehicles with just the PLO, most people will run as soon as they hear a lock on or blow their counter measures, which at the very least will open them up to attack from an enemy vehicle.

At the very least the engineers can have fun out-sniping snipers with the SRAW :)

Oh and a scout chopper will come down if it's hit by anything other than a lock on weapon, eg RPG or tank shell, doesn't matter if the whole team is repairing it.

Not true, just means the other team is ****e at taking out armour. I've either done really well or been annihilated as soon as I get into a tank/LAV/Scout chopper depending on the other team.

If the team has much cop they'll have a couple of engineers running around to terrorise armour and keep it at bay for the rest of the team. Even snipers can harrass vehicles with just the PLO, most people will run as soon as they hear a lock on or blow their counter measures, which at the very least will open them up to attack from an enemy vehicle.
    True, teamwork always pays off. However in BF3 it required more skill from the driver to evade RPGs and of course there was no "shield" to protect you from a synchronized attack.

Also, in BF3, laser guided missiles were one-hit-kill, that is why more players were using SOFLAMs. In BF4, it is very rare to see one carrying a PLO or Javelin.
    Oh and a scout chopper will come down if it's hit by anything other than a lock on weapon, eg RPG or tank shell, doesn't matter if the whole team is repairing it.
    I am not really sure about the scout... I hit one the other day, and got only mobility bonus. Same for a transport. Have not hit a gunship lately.

• Advertisement

True, teamwork always pays off. However in BF3 it required more skill from the driver to evade RPGs and of course there was no "shield" to protect you from a synchronized attack.

Also, in BF3, laser guided missiles were one-hit-kill, that is why more players were using SOFLAMs. In BF4, it is very rare to see one carrying a PLO or Javelin.

I am not really sure about the scout... I hit one the other day, and got only mobility bonus. Same for a transport. Have not hit a gunship lately.

I have to agree, active protection does make it a bit easier, when it works.
    It's still only active for a few seconds though, which isn't always enough time.

Any scout chopper I've hit with an RPG or a tank shell has turned into a fireball regardless of the two engineers repairing it. HMV-II might be able to one shot them as well, can't remember.
    Think the SRAW is also a OHK but thats very sketchy for aiming at the best of times.

Advertisement