Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Tazzimus wrote: »
    HMV-II might be able to one shot them as well, can't remember.
    Was. They changed that on Spring or Summer patch. Now we need two to get a chopper and 3 to get a Tank/RIB. Oh wait... You do not have 3...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Reinstalled BF3 the other day and have been enjoying the old maps again. Much prefer that game to 4. How is 4 these days with the new night maps and the other added things? Worth another go?

Night map is something new and we are having fun there.
    Apart from that, BF3 is much better game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i like to play defuse a lot, why do some people not attempt to defuse the bomb. kills me!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

IvoryTower wrote: »
    i like to play defuse a lot, why do some people not attempt to defuse the bomb. kills me!

Simple answer k/d means more than w/l.

In fact this is the first battlefield I've played where PTFO seems to be way down on the list of people's priorities

ah okay, i dont play towards stats myself

If you talk with "pro" players, they only talk about K/D and accuracy. It is the only thing that matters to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Wizard! wrote: »
    If you talk with "pro" players, they only talk about K/D and accuracy. It is the only thing that matters to them.

Which is quite obvious, no?

Do they receive something for that? I would've assumed competitions are team/objective based

• Advertisement

In CoD maybe but in Battlefield I've been in matches with a double negative k/d but at same time did exactly what I was supposed to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Do they receive something for that? I would've assumed competitions are team/objective based
    No. Any competitive matches you see, everyone has a similar KD, and anything about 1-1.5 is considered good in these matches because everyone is essentially at the same level.
    In CoD maybe but in Battlefield I've been in matches with a double negative k/d but at same time did exactly what I was supposed to do.
    Yes, but we're talking about competitive players here. Every single ticket counts in these matches, and dying a lot means losing more tickets, which more often than not causes a team to lose. This is even true for non-competitive games to some extent.

If you are playing on ESL, or at a competition is essential but there other things that count, depending on the rules.

If you are playing for fun, it does not count at all.
    The other day, we were 5 friends into a squad.
    An assault, two engineers, a support and me as a recon. I got the SOFLAM, placed it on a good spot and we cleared the skies. The engineers were using Javelins, the assault and support were supporting and protecting us and of course we won the round easily. My K : D was 1:4 and my score low, however we had lots of fun and satisfaction for helping our team.

Similar situation with another team, where we were using a scout with two engineers and a support as a pilot (to give us ammo). Most of my score was for repairing the chopper (although I got a Repair Medal). Again lots of fun, and no enemy choppers for our team.

No. Any competitive matches you see, everyone has a similar KD, and anything about 1-1.5 is considered good in these matches because everyone is essentially at the same level.

Yes, but we're talking about competitive players here. Every single ticket counts in these matches, and dying a lot means losing more tickets, which more often than not causes a team to lose. This is even true for non-competitive games to some extent.

I've played many competitive matches and if I die while revealing the other 5 players that's a massive advantage to my team. In competitive k/d isn't individual it's culmaliative for your entire team.

I've gone plenty of rounds 40-2 in pubs sitting on my ass doing nothing for the team it's a useless stat in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

I have to be honest, as much as I hate it and wish I played more team based game modes, I find myself with only short time frames in which to play, so I tend to play more TDM and more KD based games... I miss the large epic battles that last ages and require teams to work together.

I promise I will try harder... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Played a few hours today, and managed to find a server full of really decent players, and squads really worked together. Makes a massive difference to the game, it really becomes something so much more!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Played a few hours today, and managed to find a server full of really decent players, and squads really worked together. Makes a massive difference to the game, it really becomes something so much more!

Lol can u share the server so we can all bask in its glory!!?

Have only recently started playing conquest having played the smaller game modes to death now. It's bloody hard to fly!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It's a learning curve and that goes for most of the game play since the last patch, they have made so many changes. I play mostly conquest and rush on pc though.

Yesterday I was playing on a 144 tickrate server. The game is totally different, however needs a lot of work. In most cases you would die instantly in less than a second, even from LMGs and without getting a headshot. I think they have some optimizations in the engine to support 30 tickrate all that time, that they need to change accordingly on the server TR. Half of my deaths were almost a second after spawn....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I also played on 144hz tickrate yesterday and it transforms a **** game into a good game.
    144 might be pushing it but 60hz could be the sweet spot.

True. We had lagging and freezing in a 32p Conquest Small server.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Are the higher tick servers PC only?

miralize wrote: »
    Are the higher tick servers PC only?

I do not know about consoles. I think they will be up to 60, but it is up to SONY/MS to decide. PCs are up to 144 but it depends on the server size. The original plan was up to 32 at 144, 48 at 120 and 64 at 60. But from my point of view, and from what I experienced the last 3-4 days, 144 is hard for 32 players. The server becomes laggy and unresponsive sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Cinematic trailer for the new free map:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

That's well made.. Neebs at 0.44

When they releasing the winter patch?

Meanwhile here's a wall of insults :D.

s2igsx345xthgum6g.jpg

This :D.

• Advertisement