Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

battser wrote: »
    yeah same I love the sky scraper anyone on for a few now on the irish server?

theres an irish server?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

loads of them EA servers , just set filter to europe and sort by ping . youll see the irish flag there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I was playing on a server called this "EA DICE Test Server 267393".

I had a ping of 9-10ms :D :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The only time I get crashes now is after the round and the next one is loading....no other times at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Just looking at my stats on Battlelog for the first time, 89 shots fired with the stinger and a mighty 3 hits - its fire and forgot alright, forget about hitting anything!
    Have to say, I'm liking the new layout in general though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

When does the beta end?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Just looking at my stats on Battlelog for the first time, 89 shots fired with the stinger and a mighty 3 hits - its fire and forgot alright, forget about hitting anything!
    Have to say, I'm liking the new layout in general though.

I'm pretty sure you have to keep it pointed at the chopper till it hits, otherwise you lose the lock.

Just looked at my own stats there, 99 shots fired, 5 kills, but I think that's because the chopper usually crashes to the ground rather than blowing up from the missile. Plus it can take 4 or 5 hits they "heal" so fast.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Video that I released yesterday. I blow up some Helicopters with RPG's & I Repair Tool some tanks. Enjoy!

Some very nice shots there with the rpgs but fcuk me some of the people in the tanks you killed are a wee bit clueless :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Video that I released yesterday. I blow up some Helicopters with RPG's & I Repair Tool some tanks. Enjoy!

I am going to unsubscribe from your channel to see if I can rid myself of feelings of inadequacy and low self esteem .

jonski wrote: »
    I am going to unsubscribe from your channel to see if I can rid myself of feelings of inadequacy and low self esteem .

hahaha Awh dude! To make you feel better, this footage (5 min video) was taken from over 30 hours of game play. I had to go through a load of ****e to get this stuff haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I thought they said top down hits on tanks from RPGs would be more devasting?

I hit a tank a few times and the average damage is 21... surely should be 40-ish... 5 hit kill from above, too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

noticed that alright, but I guess they did it this way so it would be very difficult for one person to stop a tank. but 5 hits for two people is still a bit too much imho, I'd rather see it at 4

mozattack wrote: »

I hit a tank a few times and the average damage is 21... surely should be 40-ish... 5 hit kill from above, too much.

Yeah its the same hitting it on the top as it is from the front or side.

Weird, i've blown up tanks from two hits from above

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Weird, i've blown up tanks from two hits from above

Any chance it was low on "health" or maybe there was c4 on it?

I have experienced the 21 damage countless times, best was a hit from the top of the skyscraper and yet only 21 damage...!

Well guys what do you think of the class balance?

I think there is an even spread of recon, assault and engineer which is great with support probably being last.

If this map was on BF3 I would expect to see 75% assault and 20% engineer with support/recon last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I think it's a bit unfair to give c4 to the recon, felt better balance with the way it was in bf3
    but it may to be due to the fact I never play recon

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    I think it's a bit unfair to give c4 to the recon, felt better balance with the way it was in bf3
    but it may to be due to the fact I never play recon

Recon need something to deal with armor & vehicles. Support will be better in the full game when they get C4.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

When I am engineer no one is locking up , when I switch to recon and lock up no one is shooting at whats locked up . Gotta be in a squad for this to be effective . Was on last night with a few of the guys on TS and made good use of the recon class ..... except I too old to be any good with that recon rifle " stand still ffs " !

Dcully wrote: »

its been confirmed that the rpg/laser bug is being fixed and that rpgs will no longer one shot helicopters.

jonski wrote: »
    When I am engineer no one is locking up , when I switch to recon and lock up no one is shooting at whats locked up . Gotta be in a squad for this to be effective . Was on last night with a few of the guys on TS and made good use of the recon class ..... except I too old to be any good with that recon rifle " stand still ffs " !

Yeah was doing the same with a few of the lads, was standing in the rubble at C my mate was lazing everything for the rest of the squad. Really made it into a no fly zone.
    BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    its been confirmed that the rpg/laser bug is being fixed and that rpgs will no longer one shot helicopters.

But will RPGs still be able to fire at lazed targets? Im guessing 2/3 shots to take one down if it is the case.

But will RPGs still be able to fire at lazed targets? Im guessing 2/3 shots to take one down if it is the case.

thats an oddity of the beta that we wont know the answer til the full game. Perhaps it will fall in line with the version from bad company 2 (which could also fire at lazed targets, but they needed to use the tracer dart) or it will fall in line with every other iteration and it was only upped for the beta so that recons could use their gadgets to the fullest.

Its one of a few that remain in confusion in the beta. For example there has been a lot of complaining in battlelog about poor squad leaders and/or the awkward system for giving attack orders.

But in the full game the commander will give those orders. So how much control will be taken from the squad leader in the full game or will he still have the same abilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

mozattack wrote: »

I've scored ~50 damage with an RPG from above, you just have to hit the turret at 90degrees, I was standing right on the edge and the tank was straight below, you probably couldn't do it while parachuting.
    The damage indicators are actually really handy and hopefully will encourage people to be more tactical with their shots.

Also your emblem only seems to appear on the killcams on 360, not shown on tanks etc :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Burgo wrote: »
    Yeah was doing the same with a few of the lads, was standing in the rubble at C my mate was lazing everything for the rest of the squad. Really made it into a no fly zone.

With a range of only 300 for recon lock-on plus the time required for the additional RPG confirmation lock, on larger maps with planes active it won't be nearly as effective as the stinger.

I tried it in a heli the last round i played.Its far to easy to kill with the lock on (rpg) being so quick.And why does it let you shoot while aiming through the inside the heli?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Anyone know what time the beta ends tomorrow ?

• Advertisement

11.30am i think.

Advertisement