Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Beta ran @ 60fps for me on ultra with AA and HBAO off which i dislike anyways,drop down to medium/high and i was approaching 100fps.
    Before they patched it i was playing on low/medium.

What confuses me is some youtubers and streamers i subscribe to played the game at recent conventions and said its a later build than what they/we were playing in the OB.

Yet why did dice feel the need to patch the beta if they already have a much newer build?
    Why not just give us the newer build?

I know atleast 2 people who were sitting on the fence about the game,played the beta saw it didnt run great for them and decided not to buy the game.
    Granted they have a tonne of preorders but surely it was a silly move to release an old build to potential buyers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Yet why did dice feel the need to patch the beta if they already have a much newer build?
    sneaky tactics to make us feel they greatly improved the code?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

@ SearrarD what CPU you running?
    My brother ran the beta on a 5000 series ATI card on low settings with 60 fps,i dont recall the exact model but i think it is one of the faster 5000 series hes running.

I had a 6950 and it ran BF3 @ 60fps+ on medium/high 1920X1200 so i kind of get your frustration that it doesnt do so well in BF4 which lets be fair doesnt exactly destroy BF3 in terms of visuals especially when one is trying to run on low settings.
    I upgraded from the 6950 earlier this year to stay ahead of the curve so to speak as my 6950 was the bottleneck of my rig and the difference was chalk and cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Dcully wrote: »
    Beta ran @ 60fps for me on ultra with AA and HBAO off which i dislike anyways,drop down to medium/high and i was approaching 100fps.
    Before they patched it i was playing on low/medium.

What confuses me is some youtubers and streamers i subscribe to played the game at recent conventions and said its a later build than what they/we were playing in the OB.

Why not just give us the newer build?

I know atleast 2 people who were sitting on the fence about the game,played the beta saw it didnt run great for them and decided not to buy the game.
    Granted they have a tonne of preorders but surely it was a silly move to release an old build to potential buyers?

It was probably the most stable build they had since the convention builds were prone to crashing and they were all using the same hardware

Id much rather dice give us an old build than to waste time optimizing an even sketchier one and just focus on the final game

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I can moan all I like about it, my two year old card cannot play the sequel adequately on low settings on a lower resolution. I never r_picmip 6 for my love of pastel colours , it was always for the higher fps. I'm not breaking 60 here and it looks like BC2

AMD 6950 release date Dec 2010. Its three years old. And its a Beta. You do understand that a Beta is a unfinished game.

I bought a 7870 for 150 quid before the beta started and aside from the odd bug/crash I had no fps problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

The game ran smoothly for me on a slower card than a 6950. The beta was maxing out certain CPUs, thats probably the issue, changing the priority in the background and using certain drivers fixed it for some. That said, it was a beta. I'm sure the full game will run fine on a 6950 on at least medium

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Ripped from battlelog forums, interesting chatlog with DICE developer.
    Full link: http://pastebin.com/R7zXZdgj

CONDENSED VERSION:

--- Patching and branches ---

PC build was around a week old. Console build was around a month old.
    Patch schedule depends on MS/Sony
    Most fixes were done on the main game branch rather than the Beta branch.
    Day 1 patch is very likely since console versions are certified a month in advance
    Multiplayer balancing can be done without patches

--- Official is also for quickmatch. For this reason, the server settings are not as restricted as in BF3 ---

You can run all unlocks in Unranked - server setting
    Official preset = no badmining allowed. Ranked preset = badmining allowed
    Hardcore can have 100% TTK ranked
    Ranked classic setting is possible with presets, mostly.
    Health regen on/off both ranked
    Can change ticket bleed rate

+ Removed laser lock-on ability for RPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Does anyone think recoil will be increased on full release?

Please... please... please...

It isn't even a factor now:

-see, point, shoot -

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

mozattack wrote: »
    -see, point, shoot, let aim assist do the rest -

Updated for console, hope aim assist is toned down a little on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Ordered aswell last night the Deluxe supa de dupa mario version or whatever its called,I am not excited as I previously would have been for a BF game. You will still get 12mths+ of game time and good craic on TS for €70 which is good value for money.

Roll on release date.....shame one of my girlfriends is giving birth to C4 this week so game time will be limited.

Who did you pre order with?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

fl4pj4ck wrote: »

From the wording of the post, I'd be assuming he means the Digital Deluxe version on Origin, which I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

battser wrote: »
    Who did you pre order with?

Ahh done it the easy way on Origin Battser....at least I dont have to worry about patching etc. (I bought the actual game retail)

From the wording of the post, I'd be assuming he means the Digital Deluxe version on Origin, which I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would buy.

Uhh Ohh, why not? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

The dig deluxe is a rip off in general but on origin its even more of a rip off its €10 cheaper to buy in game stop and even cheaper on some websites like g2play and simplycdkeys, its only worth buying if you are not going premium and even then not on origin, premium can be fond cheaper else where too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Haven't been able to play for last 6 days, logged on for a night of BF4, fecking beta has ended

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Haven't been able to play for last 6 days, logged on for a night of BF4, fecking beta has ended

Ah only 2 weeks till you can access the full game try bf3 it feels different after 4

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Ah only 2 weeks till you can access the full game try bf3 it feels different after 4

Different isn't the word. It's a completely different game really - far harder to kill people.

So let me get this straight....if I order from simplycdkeys I get the BF4 game and all 5 expansions for £59.99 sterling is this correct? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have ordered the Deluxe Edition BF4 from origin €69 , all I am getting is the BF4 game and one expansion pack (China rising) if so I will cancel the order now. And go with the other one.

How reputable are the other crowd? Has anyone bought off them before....

• Advertisement

So let me get this straight....if I order from simplycdkeys I get the BF4 game and all 5 expansions for £59.99 sterling is this correct? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have ordered the Deluxe Edition BF4 from origin €69 , all I am getting is the BF4 game and one expansion pack (China rising) if so I will cancel the order now. And go with the other one.

How reputable are the other crowd? Has anyone bought off them before....
    Yes, exactly. Origin is the most expensive place you can buy EA games. I paid €71 for BF4 and Premium (incl. all expansions). Well I don't actually pay until the keys are sent, which is 24 hours before release.

A good few people from boards have used simplecdkeys.com before and have had no problems - just search this thread.

^^ EDIT: here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057043246

Yes, exactly. Origin is the most expensive place you can buy EA games. I paid €71 for BF4 and Premium (incl. all expansions). Well I don't actually pay until the keys are sent, which is 24 hours before release.

A good few people from boards have used simplecdkeys.com before and have had no problems - just search this thread.

Super stuff, I will have to look into cancelling the pre order which It said I could. So I take it they send you the game aswell not just a simple CD key so to speak. Or how else would you preload it? :confused:

I just pre ordered on Simplekeys there. Hopefully there is no **** come end of the month, just need to reimage my machine now.

Super stuff, I will have to look into cancelling the pre order which It said I could. So I take it they send you the game aswell not just a simple CD key so to speak. Or how else would you preload it? :confused:

Think you download via origin I could be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

sh*t I thought it had already charged me. Better make sure to have the money in my account come the end of october

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

No they will send you a code which is redeemable in Origin... No actual 'hard copy'.

Lovely, I just cancelled my pre order with Origin there. No hassles TBH just some mush via chat and the money will refund in 5-7 days. Gonna order it via simplecdkeys now and hopefully no messing come launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Lovely, I just cancelled my pre order with Origin there. No hassles TBH just some mush via chat and the money will refund in 5-7 days. Gonna order it via simplecdkeys now and hopefully no messing come launch day.

I have bought from Simplycdkeys before and never had a problem .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

jonski wrote: »
    I have bought from Simplycdkeys before and never had a problem .

haha I think there are a good few of us that bought from there.

Everyone that has bought from Simplycdkeys, can you post when you receive the game key pls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I played the BF4 beta on the PS3 and it played like BF3. It was fun but the controls are still ultra frustrating and limited when playing in small areas. I'm thinking of the steam machine as the games (like BF4) might simply play better.

Does anyone else have problems with the PS3 and battlefield ?

Advertisement