Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I am not sure, I would expect a stable 60fps from the PS4. BUT if this is another attempt to troll PC users, which I suspect it is. Your next post regarding Console vs PC will result in a week off from the forum. Consider this your last warning!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

mozattack wrote: »
    Question for PC players re frame rate:

PS3, frame rate = 30 FPS
    PS4, frame rate = 60 FPS

PCs vary and thats my point. I hear people saying "my frame rate dropped from 88 to 33 for a while" etc... does that mean the framerate advertised for PS4 should fluctuate in the same manner with the 60 FPS being the max or should it be a solid 60 FPS?

You may get a constant 60FPS but it will look nothing like the PC version I tell you that. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I am not sure, I would expect a stable 60fps from the PS4. BUT if this is another attempt to troll PC users, which I suspect it is. Your next post regarding Console vs PC will result in a week off from the forum. Consider this your last warning!

To be fair if anyone gets trolled its him.

It doesn't read as attempted stirring to me, just a guy asking a question he doesn't know the answer to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

ktulu123 wrote: »

It was a genuine question and actually a very valid question - I didn't say one negative comment on PCs there, actually said the frame rate was higher???

As one of the posters says below you should look at the responses to me from PC players and then question who is being "trolled"?

I made the point before; the Mods are PC players so hardly impartial here in determining who is a troll or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

It was a genuine question and actually a very valid question - I didn't say one negative comment on PCs there, actually said the frame rate was higher???

As one of the posters says below you should look at the responses to me from PC players and then question who is being "trolled"?

I made the point before; the Mods are PC players so hardly impartial here in determining who is a troll or not.

t answer you question regarding frame rate it will drop in places and it will vary for all platforms when dice say 60 is a target it means they trim settings until the get as close to 60 as possible but it will prob vary from 40-60.

In PC gaming when we say we're aiming for 60 we're actually aiming for 80+ to keep the framerate above 60 so we cant see the frame dips as under 60fps is very jarring for people used to 60

Frame rates will tank sometimes and are atm more noticeable for PC games because a dip from 60 to 24 (which happen in places in karkand) are more notice able than dips from 24 to 20.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, as said above I genuinely didn't know.

Another question, why does it seem to only be, 30fps or 60fps on console all the time. Why not 45 or 55 or any other random number?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Since you've publicly made a false claim, I will now publicly refute it.

There is not now, and never has been, any discrimination or bias against anyone on the basis of their gaming platform.

Ponster and I had the thread tags added to accommodate the multiplatform nature of BF.

I created and maintain the console player lists.

I posted this just a week ago to encourage Playstation players to visit here.

The one and only player I've ever banned was a PC player. The second and only other person banned was a driveby troll.

And now a general reminder to all:

Keep it civil.

Keep to the topic at hand.

If you have an issue with moderation, you discuss it the mods by PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Thanks for that, as said above I genuinely didn't know.

Another question, why does it seem to only be, 30fps or 60fps on console all the time. Why not 45 or 55 or any other random number?

Hdmi only supports 24hz (tv) 30hz and 60hz and things get wierd using odd ratios in gaming with frames (some frames will be shown twice and others once at 45fps on a 60hz screen compared to 1:1 @60fps and 1:2 on 30fps).

NTMK wrote: »
    Hdmi only supports 24hz (tv) 30hz and 60hz and things get wierd using odd ratios in gaming with frames (some frames will be shown twice and others once at 45fps on a 60hz screen compared to 1:1 @60fps and 1:2 on 30fps).

Good answer... kinda over my head but I kinda get what you are saying thanks.

Will anyone here get to play the game on Tuesday?

I know there is someway for PC players to do so (See MattTheMusketeers video on Youtube). I ask 'cos I am dying to see some footage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Anyone know when this is gonna be ready to download for the release? I assume it will be a day or two but need to know to get the day right to bring the pc into work and download it ISP style :pac:

Lads bare in mind I bought with simple keys and I don't see a pre download on origin with that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

battser wrote: »
    Anyone know when this is gonna be ready to download for the release? I assume it will be a day or two but need to know to get the day right to bring the pc into work and download it ISP style :pac:

Lads bare in mind I bought with simple keys and I don't see a pre download on origin with that!

I had reason to expect the preload to start on the 22nd, but it simply didn't.

I ordered through simplycdkeys also, so I hope they dont act the maggot and sending out the keys a week late or some shi.t. Was just looking at the official website there and you can play as commander from a tablet (must be windows O/S I would assume)!!! That would be epic indeed......

That's a sham. I do not see anyway in origin to download the game. I am getting nervousssee bout simple keys! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

battser wrote: »
    That's a sham. I do not see anyway in origin to download the game. I am getting nervousssee bout simple keys! :(

You wont be able to download it untill you get the key and register it in origin.
    I think they said 24hr prior to release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Wouldn't worry just yet, from their site -

When will my order be processed?

Games that are pre-ordered will be sent to you 24-48 hours before the games official release date. This will allow you to redeem, download and install your game using the appropriate platform so that you can play the game on the day of release.

When will payment be taken?

Payment will be taken on the 28th day from the pre-order being placed (payments expire after 28 days unless we capture the funds) unless the pre-order's official release date is within the next 28 days. In this case payment will be taken 24-48 hours before the games official release date.

Does my pre-order come with any extra downloadable content (DLC)

Some Pre-order titles come with extra downloadable content(DLC). We always update the product description and title to reflect this where applicable. If we do not mention any extra downloadable content in the product description then the stock that we are pre-selling does not come with the extra downloadable content.

Loads of people on here have used them so I would not get the tinfoil hat on yet battser.

So they havent even taken the payment yet? WTF, the one time you want it paid for and sorted. I have been spending like a mad eeejit thinking "well BF4 is sorted so lets get a set of beats!"

Better go lodging money today LMAO.

I will buy it again on ORIGIN if they mess up and let the bank chase them for the De Niros they robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Well, assuming you've paid Simple CD Keys through PayPal you're pretty much covered anyway.

Well, assuming you've paid Simple CD Keys through PayPal you're pretty much covered anyway.

I didnt I used visa but I will get it sorted anyway....:rolleyes:

Getting close now.....better get that cd key or I will have to send the "BOYS" round!

• Advertisement

Looks like we will be waiting mate. Check the other thread for buying it. Nov 1st in europe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

in theory if you bought through origin and it preloads before 29th you should be able to use a proxy to access the game on the 29th.

Question is of course...is it worth the extra cost to the wallet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    in theory if you bought through origin and it preloads before 29th you should be able to use a proxy to access the game on the 29th.

Question is of course...is it worth the extra cost to the wallet

This is my Delma at the moment & yes is probably the answer!

I aint paying the extra for a few days online before the rest.....sure most of the players on here are really good at the game. They can well afford to let the noobs play it 1st!

LMAO

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I aint paying the extra for a few days online before the rest.....sure most of the players on here are really good at the game. They can well afford to let the noobs play it 1st!

LMAO
    There are a few noobs alright...won't mention any names :p

Looks like US preload opened on the 25th, just not for the EU release.

There are a few noobs alright...won't mention any names :p

Oi!!! :eek:

I aint that bad, I dont play it as much as the seasoned pros!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Oi!!! :eek:

I aint that bad, I dont play it as much as the seasoned pros!

;)

He's referring to himself ha ha

Richie6904 wrote: »
    He's referring to himself ha ha

Hey, less o' that...:D

• Advertisement

Ahhh yis are all noobs...me included.

Advertisement